Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

evo not boosting right.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2007, 04:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't completely understand why people cap off the nipple on the turbo outlet pipe, then splice into the BOV line. Why not just use the nipple off the turbo outlet pipe from the start?
Old Jun 16, 2007, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok, so you don't have an MBC, but I answered that problem already.

I cannot understand why in the world you or that guy would go splice into the BOV line when you don't have an MBC. Why would you not leave the stock hoses in the stock location? I can't think of any reason to do this.

Anyway, you need to do this in this order:
1) Determine if you still have your 100% OEM, unmolested stock boost hoses
2) If so, skip to 3. If not, buy them on Mitsubishiparts.net for $15 - the part number can be found in a search (use my name to narrow the search results).
3) remove all current lines and connections - put the BOV/intake manifold line back to how it was without a tee.
4) Install the OEM lines by putting the small hose with red-painted tip on the WGA nipple, and put the other small hose on the turbo nipple. Those run to a tee, and then the other side of the tee has a long hose that goes all the way to the BCS. The other nipple of the BCS has a hoses that goes to the MAF pipe. I don't know why he created a hard pipe for this when you could easily use the stock one. The stock one is SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED to work with our MAF, and aftermarket pipes have to follow this design EXACTLY. I'm betting your friend didn't know this and probably made a pipe that does NOT fit this design, which will throw off your MAF big time. You also don't have a nipple for the intake line to connect. Not a big deal, because you can cap off that other nipple on the BCS, but the pipe itself will cause problems.

So, the real question is...why do you have all these mods but not an $85 MBC??
Old Jun 16, 2007, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 ^
Old Jun 16, 2007, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

My guess is that whomever made the intake didn't make the maf nipple, and tried to rig it to work.
probably an easier solution would be to buy a boost controller.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Ok, so you don't have an MBC, but I answered that problem already.

I cannot understand why in the world you or that guy would go splice into the BOV line when you don't have an MBC. Why would you not leave the stock hoses in the stock location? I can't think of any reason to do this.

Anyway, you need to do this in this order:
1) Determine if you still have your 100% OEM, unmolested stock boost hoses
2) If so, skip to 3. If not, buy them on Mitsubishiparts.net for $15 - the part number can be found in a search (use my name to narrow the search results).
3) remove all current lines and connections - put the BOV/intake manifold line back to how it was without a tee.
4) Install the OEM lines by putting the small hose with red-painted tip on the WGA nipple, and put the other small hose on the turbo nipple. Those run to a tee, and then the other side of the tee has a long hose that goes all the way to the BCS. The other nipple of the BCS has a hoses that goes to the MAF pipe. I don't know why he created a hard pipe for this when you could easily use the stock one. The stock one is SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED to work with our MAF, and aftermarket pipes have to follow this design EXACTLY. I'm betting your friend didn't know this and probably made a pipe that does NOT fit this design, which will throw off your MAF big time. You also don't have a nipple for the intake line to connect. Not a big deal, because you can cap off that other nipple on the BCS, but the pipe itself will cause problems.

So, the real question is...why do you have all these mods but not an $85 MBC??
i'll try this. I do have a froge unos boost controller on order, so it'll be here monday or tuesday. hopefully I can get it running good. obviously I need a tune also, cuz it is running really rich. thanks everyone for your tips/help.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

Ah, well this won't be a problem as soon as you fix the connections. You really just need to fix the line coming from the BOV. It should connect to the same tee as the line coming out of the WGA, then that tee should connect to the BCS nipple with the other BCS nipple capped off.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

What is that red thing (device) in your diagram? MBC?

Whatever that is, it is being bypassed. The inlet and outlet are teed to the same line.

gunhaha
Old Jun 16, 2007, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

He said he has no MBC installed, so by default that is the BCS.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 11:16 PM

are doing VTA or recirc?
big difference in hosing
also make sure you completely remove the stock hose from the actuator, and NOT use it.
cuz it has a restrictor pill inside that restricts the airflow.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 11:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Ah, well this won't be a problem as soon as you fix the connections. You really just need to fix the line coming from the BOV. It should connect to the same tee as the line coming out of the WGA, then that tee should connect to the BCS nipple with the other BCS nipple capped off.
so are you saying to connect it like this?? osrry, i'm kinda a visual person, and this is how I interperted your way.

Old Jun 16, 2007, 11:29 PM

nice diagrams
Old Jun 17, 2007, 01:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03evo4g63
so are you saying to connect it like this?? osrry, i'm kinda a visual person, and this is how I interperted your way.

NOOO.
if you are using your stock WGA, then you will need the hose coming from behind the maf sensor.
if you cap off the WGA, then how is it going to work????
I showed you a diagram before.
better yet, go get your stock intake, and look for a little nipple behind the maf sensor area.

I really think you should just wait til you get the MBC, it will save you a headache.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03evo4g63

[/IMG]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b320/19mustang88/map2.jpg[/IMG]
I believe it's like this

Old Jun 17, 2007, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
I believe it's like this

I tried it like that, but the car sputttered, died, didn't get any boost, and ran like total sh*t.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

No, guys, come on. Y'all are messing him all up. His new diagram is right, because that is the BCS, not an MBC. However, he should use the turbo outlet nipple instead of the BOV line.

Mrbkkt1, that hose going to the intake is irrelevant. Capping off the BCS nipple is fine. There is no hose that goes to the MAF, and the intake hose does not affect the WGA.

DSMFan, your diagram is for a boost controller, but he's using the BCS. Not sure why everyone is getting so mixed up.

03evo4g63, your diagram is right, but we've already shown you that diagram, That method will only work with the OEM hoses, ans you should NOT use the BOV as the pressure source in the stock configuration.

Last edited by Warrtalon; Jun 17, 2007 at 07:49 AM.

Quick Reply: evo not boosting right.