Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Compustar Alarm verification please...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2007, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
alright, well my alarm is working now ...

we hooked up the dei module, 454t (tach signal amp) .... went to the brain and it picked up the tach signal immediately. then after some testing, we found out that the clutch bypass that we installed was not working. strangely enough, just disconnecting the clutch sensor plug from the clutch sensor works fine, the remote start works and i no longer need the clutch in to start my car. thanks for everyones help and ideas.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cpdevo31
i had an alarm installed in my car, after which my gauge cluster does not light up when the headlights are on, but with the lights off they work.
check your battery. mine is an 05, and my battery is starting to get a little weak, there are some voltage issues, only way i realize it is the battery, is cause the voltage sensor on my SAFC is showing it, i thought it was a local problem ( mine is the radio lights, and hvac lights) at first, i'm going to get a new battery this weekend.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 09:33 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by bigric09
alright, well my alarm is working now ...

we hooked up the dei module, 454t (tach signal amp) .... went to the brain and it picked up the tach signal immediately. then after some testing, we found out that the clutch bypass that we installed was not working. strangely enough, just disconnecting the clutch sensor plug from the clutch sensor works fine, the remote start works and i no longer need the clutch in to start my car. thanks for everyones help and ideas.
I installed a relay where you can start the car remotely but if you're starting the car normally you need to press the clutch like oem.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah, we originally had a relay there. thats how i had it on my last evo as well.... but after dealing with the BS for 2.5 days now, after we found out that was the problem, and the alarm worked fine without the sensor connected, it was perfectly fine with me.