Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mitsubishi Corporate now says they will warranty my wing!!!!..(so I hope)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2007, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mitsubishi Corporate now says they will warranty my wing!!!!..(so I hope)

Long story short... I was reading these forums & noticed some people were getting there wings/calipers replaced under warranty for clear coat fading. So the second day I owned my car, I went down to the Mitsu dealership & tried getting them warrantied. The district manager said no, they couldnt do that. So I went home, & called corporate & told them the problem. I said, What is the point in a 3yr bumper to bumper warranty if it isnt covering, the BUMPER TO BUMPER! They called the district manager, then called me back saying, 'no, we cant help you'. I hung up.

----2 weeks later----

So im scrolling this forum 3 days ago & tried searching for a 'How-to' wing repair... and began getting very irritated, seeing that some people are getting these things replaced and I was told 'no'. I went & picked up the phone, & called Corporate back. I told the lady on the phone, I just dont think I am being treated fairly, & some people are getting them replaced, why cant I? The nice lady, re-opened my case.

Yesterday I get a call from my case worker, Melinda, stating that she would get in touch with the district manager and see what they could do for me, 'since i called back the second time'. (I received this in a voice mail, so I could not respond back.)

Today im at work, & I see Mitsu Coporate is calling, so I answer. It was Melinda again, & she says, we have decided we are going to warranty out your wing. I said, ok & what about the calipers? She says, 'we are not going to warranty those out, because they are a wear & tear item'. I said, 'Well, atleast the wing will be replaced'. She then tells me that I will need to schedule an appointment with the local dealer, & have them take pictures & send it to them. I said, 'okay, great! Thanks alot!'. I was happy.

So then I call the local dealer & say, hey, I just got a call from corporate & they said I am getting a new wing under warranty. The service manager schedules me in for pix tomorrow morning... and also said that the district manager will have to approve it. I said, 'Its already been approved through corporate, so yeah, im getting this new wing'. He says, 'Well, he gets the pictures & makes the decision, now if the higher ups are telling him to go ahead & do it, then he more than likely will'.

What does that mean? Ive been told yes from corporate, should I have anything to worry about?

Hopefully it all goes through OK!

Last edited by CrackerJackToy; Jun 21, 2007 at 04:44 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 04:49 PM

so are you saying we need to keep our calipers waxed!?
Old Jun 21, 2007, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

Sounds like it'd be less trouble to just repaint your calipers. :P
Old Jun 21, 2007, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

Even if you get the wing replaced it will just happen again, eventually. I paid $40 to get mine covered with Clear Bra and never looked back.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

Good luck, I hope this works out for you. Sorry to hear it has been suck a PITA up until this point.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 04:54 PM

The evo 9 wing is re-engineered and shouldnt fade, don't let them put an evo 8 wing back on your car. Theres a TSB involving it. The service manager is also doing his job - its VERY rarely they see a decision made form mitsu corporate and more then likely don't know what to do. Thats why he's just advising you of the typical warranty prodecure.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by OTTOMITSU's VR4
The evo 9 wing is re-engineered and shouldnt fade, don't let them put an evo 8 wing back on your car. Theres a TSB involving it. The service manager is also doing his job - its VERY rarely they see a decision made form mitsu corporate and more then likely don't know what to do. Thats why he's just advising you of the typical warranty prodecure.
why wouldn't he want an 8 wing? its all carbon so its stronger and better looking!
Old Jun 21, 2007, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

They submitted mine a year ago, the wing never showed up. Went back a month ago so they could resubmit my claim. After waiting two weeks for a call, I took it to a body shop cause it was so bad, if I had waited any longer it would not have been repairable. The day I dropped it off at the body shop, I called the dealer to say nevermind, they then told me they had just talked to the district guy he said ok to the warranty.

Whatever, too late now for me.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

I will put clear bra on and keep the better all carbon wing!
Old Jun 21, 2007, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mikevoSE
Even if you get the wing replaced it will just happen again, eventually. I paid $40 to get mine covered with Clear Bra and never looked back.
great idea
Old Jun 22, 2007, 08:41 AM

Long story cliff's notes: I just got a new wing.

Full story:

I waited a year and it never showed up, went to another dealer and told them I've been waiting and waiting for this other place and can they help me. At that point I was past my warranty so they said they'd need proof that I started the claim back when I was in warranty. No problem, I call the other dealership and they give me a service ID and say it should be in the national Mitsu system. I give the new dealer the ID and they say it doesn't go into the national system until the work is performed and that must be that other dealer's internal service ID. I'm in the new dealership at that point and say ok, give me your fax number and I'll have them fax it over right now so we can get this settled. The service tech says, wait, let me call my dealer rep before we do all of that. He calls and gives the rep the full story and the rep says let's stop jerking this guy around and just do it! Three weeks later I have a new wing!
Old Jun 22, 2007, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

good job. about time. I hope when my 5 year 60K is almost over and I ask for a wing they do that lol.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd rather keep the 03 all carbon wing and just have it recoated.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 08:49 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
congrats!
Old Jun 22, 2007, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OTTOMITSU's VR4
I would rather get the evo 8 wing. The evo 8 wing is carbon fiber whereas the evo 9 wing is fiberglass.