Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo 7 or Evo 8? Decisions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2003, 04:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
US Spec EVO VIII = legal to drive, insure, and is 50 state emissions compliant

Evolution Imports EVO VII = NOT legal to drive, insure, and is not 50 state emissions compliant

I think the choice is easy....

SC~

Last edited by Secret Chimp; Jun 25, 2003 at 04:31 AM.
Old Jun 25, 2003, 04:33 AM
Evolved Member

I'm with the chimp
Old Jun 25, 2003, 04:42 AM
Evolved Member

From what I've read in UK mags, those Evo VIIs go through clutches like cheetos and then require all the diffs to have new fluid every 5,000 miles. You are looking at $120 oil changes... not cool. Multiply that times 20.... not good.

Anyway, those same mags give the sentiment that maybe the US got the better deal. They all like ACD and AYC, but think that the US-spec Evo might be more fun and not so clinical. Besides, have you tried to get sideways yet? It's about impossible without wet or loose roads. The ACD and AYC become redundant in that case. The only thing I wish we didn't get was the anti-intrusion bar in the front. Supposedly it adds 50kg (110 pounds) to the front end.

Bottom line, stick to the Evo VIII and sleep peacefully at night.
Old Jun 25, 2003, 06:55 AM

Originally posted by Celm
Go for the Evo 7.
WWW.evolutionimports.net

Why would you steer people who might not be informed toward getting an evo 7 or a Jspec 8 from a company who cannot deliver the vehicle. Looking for someone to go down in the ship with possibly?

Gacesist. unless you have a way of importing one I am not aware of dont get your hopes up on an evo 7.
Old Jun 25, 2003, 07:46 PM

alot of the people that have evo 7's have imported them from EI and they have had no problems with the car being imported also i called up EI and they had stated to me that b4 hand they import Evos and convert them therefore you can drive them here and you don't have to wait such a long time and since im in florida im pretty sure things would be alot quicker