Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

fastest us evo VIII ? ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2003, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand your logic for discounting speeds & mph when on the spray, but I have VERY limited funds & i thought out my attack carefully and spent the money where i knew it would be the most effective ..my car is tuned to run on the spray ! but it still will run good times off the bottle !! I respect your opinion, but the fact of the matter is I enjoy street racing, and when it comes down to it you either bring the goods or not .. so when the time comes that someone will run good mph and killer et's I will be the first to say congrats ! !
Old Jun 25, 2003, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Evilution
On the streets without the nitrous I think Al would have the fastest Evo still.
I am not so sure. I have raced this guy many many times on the way to and way back from our usual sunday night meet in Nauuet NY - and also our buddy with the nos equipped WRX. We usually run without any spray at all. His car is mostly dead even with mine - even though I ahev more mods - because he is a faster shifter than me and also weights 1/2 my weight . I really dont think I would have a chance agsinst him in a street race -this lunatic won't let off the gas at all till the spedo is all the way around no way to win without taking a serious chance - only reason why i took him out yesterday is becuase I have been practicing at the track many many times in the past two years and my killer 60' times are steady 1.65's with my evo
After he gets a clutch - he is going to be doing some very fast times

OH - and dont believe him about the daily driver crap- his car sits in a garage all day and night and mostly gets waxed not driven

PS - I never ran my 75 shot - the most I tired is a 60 shot - I dont want to take any chances at all
Old Jun 25, 2003, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

I think he forgot to mention that he did this speed with a tiny 2.5 " Pruven Performance axel back exhaust - - my new HKS downpipe also had 2.5" - - makes me re-think the 3" thing
Old Jun 25, 2003, 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by ferrarokid
I understand your logic for discounting speeds & mph when on the spray, but I have VERY limited funds & i thought out my attack carefully and spent the money where i knew it would be the most effective ..my car is tuned to run on the spray ! but it still will run good times off the bottle !! I respect your opinion, but the fact of the matter is I enjoy street racing, and when it comes down to it you either bring the goods or not .. so when the time comes that someone will run good mph and killer et's I will be the first to say congrats ! !
Don't get me wrong. I'm not discrediting your times at all. Even off the bottle you're still deep in the 12's which is fantastic. A new clutch and few extra mods and 11's off nos are good to go. I just knew that Al made his 11 second off the bottle and was giving him credit for being fastest right now. You both have run great times and are doing the community a great service. Keep it up.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 03:20 AM
Evolving Member

I just knew that Al made his 11 second off the bottle and was giving him credit for being fastest right now. You both have run great times and are doing the community a great service. Keep it up. ??????????????????????????????????????????????
PLEASE READ THE POSTS !

um i think big al made the run "on" the bottle !if he went 11:80's off the spray, then he would whip my *** even if he had a car full of people ! !

Last edited by ferrarokid; Jun 26, 2003 at 03:25 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 04:14 AM
Evolved Member

I just knew that Al made his 11 second off the bottle and was giving him credit for being fastest right now. You both have run great times and are doing the community a great service. Keep it up. ??????????????????????????????????????????????
PLEASE READ THE POSTS !

um i think big al made the run "on" the bottle !if he went 11:80's off the spray, then he would whip my *** even if he had a car full of people ! !
Man - you got to do mo to make power than fill some mo bottles iif you want to hang with the Evo Empire at the DSM Shootout

Young puppy - soon all you will see is my 3"RMR tailpipe

YOU got no game for me man

MY BIG boost is comming!
Old Jun 26, 2003, 04:15 AM
Evolved Member

PS - where's the video ?
Old Jun 26, 2003, 04:29 AM
Evolving Member

quote:
Originally posted by Alfriedesq
Man - you got to do mo to make power than fill some mo bottles iif you want to hang with the Evo Empire at the DSM Shootout

Young puppy - soon all you will see is my 3"RMR tailpipe

YOU got no game for me man

MY BIG boost is comming!

Son, let me explain it like this : it's going to hurt to see my 2.5" /4 " pruven tailpipe ! !

Last edited by ferrarokid; Jun 26, 2003 at 04:34 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 05:02 AM
Evolving Member

PLEASE READ THE POSTS !

QUIT TELLING PEOPLE TO READ THE POST!

I have read this post and still don't get why you are being such a dick to everyone that is posting. If you don't want anyone to talk about your "accomplishment" then don't post your story on a forum...
Old Jun 26, 2003, 05:39 AM
Evolving Member

IF you read whats in al's car you would see that he ran a 60 hp shot on that 11:80 pass ! thats all im getting at ! "IT WAS STATED THAT AL RAN THAT 11:80 OFF THE SPRAY .. when he did infact run the 60 shot ! ! no need for the "nasty" attitude !

Last edited by ferrarokid; Jun 26, 2003 at 05:47 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Is this the Battle between AL and Tommy? ( Assuming Ferrarokid is Tommy and not George)
Old Jun 26, 2003, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

you got it ! !
Old Jun 26, 2003, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

you got it ! !
We are the fast and the burnt - as in burnt clutches !
Old Jun 26, 2003, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

BWAHAHAHAHA... love that pic. Perfect timing too.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 09:48 PM
EvoM Guru

Both you guys would have even quicker/faster times if Terry was driving your car . He ran 12.4- no nos,no cams. Just wait a little and you'll see a pair of quick Evo's (stock turbo/no spray). I feel that spraying is cool if you prefer that. I thought about it too. BY the way I totally agree with the statement about draging the Evo being a waste of a car all the time. Ferrarokid, maybe you would be interested in going down to Summit point in august. Let me know.
I too dont have the budget for fancy ****, as it is im broke , so props to all "budget" racers! We really need to start a metro area Evo club.

Quick Reply: fastest us evo VIII ? ?