Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

fastest us evo VIII ? ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2003, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by superz
Both you guys would have even quicker/faster times if Terry was driving your car . He ran 12.4- no nos,no cams. Just wait a little and you'll see a pair of quick Evo's (stock turbo/no spray). I feel that spraying is cool if you prefer that. I thought about it too. BY the way I totally agree with the statement about draging the Evo being a waste of a car all the time. Ferrarokid, maybe you would be interested in going down to Summit point in august. Let me know.
I too dont have the budget for fancy ****, as it is im broke , so props to all "budget" racers! We really need to start a metro area Evo club.
If tommy or i wanted to abuse the **** out of our tranmsissions with power shifts and side step launches - then we also could run a bit faster

Its better to be safe than sorry

I didnt need to flog the car and still i am the quickest

Its easy to talk the game - go out and walk the walk then I'll belive what your claiming
Old Jun 27, 2003, 07:50 AM
EvoM Guru

Al, go to Summit Point and prove your walk! Its easier to go straight than to be on a roadcourse. by the way, Terry dont sidestep or powershift. Come on, meet me at Summit Point and well settle this out. Remember that no matter how quick 1/4 mile times are, these cars were designed for a different track.
Old Jun 27, 2003, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We really need to start a metro area Evo club.
We have one alreay! www.evo-ny.com

The site is down due to hardware issues. It should be up sometime next week.
Old Jun 27, 2003, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Ok, I feel very very strongly that nitrous is such a cheap way to go. I garuantee I will pull a 11.9 within the next week WITHOUT any nitrous. It's great to see people trying new tnings and I praise all of you for trying that, but I really dont think nitrous is the way to go with a Evo VIII. I just think nitrous ruins the entire rally reputation and prestige that goes along with owning an Evo. But hit 11's all motor and thats impressive... by the way thats on the stock intercooler as well, so all of you people who say the IC isnt very good, this is proof the IC can hold over 400whp. Anyways, sorry Im not trying to be a dick, just sharing my own opinions.
Old Jun 27, 2003, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by teamdomokun
Ok, I feel very very strongly that nitrous is such a cheap way to go. I garuantee I will pull a 11.9 within the next week WITHOUT any nitrous. It's great to see people trying new tnings and I praise all of you for trying that, but I really dont think nitrous is the way to go with a Evo VIII. I just think nitrous ruins the entire rally reputation and prestige that goes along with owning an Evo
Bro - please put down the crack pipe before you start posting on here!

There is no "prestige" in owning an evo - its an overpriced jap crap econo box with mega speed - - its only saving grace is the extreme perfromance for the $$$

If you want prestige - get a bmw or benz
Old Jun 27, 2003, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Alfriedesq
Bro - please put down the crack pipe before you start posting on here!

There is no "prestige" in owning an evo - its an overpriced jap crap econo box with mega speed - - its only saving grace is the extreme perfromance for the $$$

Why are you insulting me for posting my opinions, I didnt direct this post at anyone, I have no idea why you are getting so defensive about the nitrous comment. But I can almost garuantee that everyone on this site disagrees with you saying there is no prestige owning an Evo. I've gotten more attention in this car than a old man in a Turbo Porsche. To call it a "Jap crap econo box" puts down the entire reputation of evo owners as a whole. It seems that for a product to have prestige in your opinion, it must posess a high price... this is not the case. Again, relax on the posts.. no one is trying to upset you or insult you.
Old Jun 27, 2003, 08:46 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally posted by EvoJimbo

We have one alreay! www.evo-ny.com

The site is down due to hardware issues. It should be up sometime next week.
thats good news, let me know what's the deal with this club Are you gathering up in Nanuet too?
Old Jun 27, 2003, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

Congratulations to Tommy and Al for running good times and mph.

I'm trying to crack 11's without spray, stock turbo, stock cams. I know I'm not gonna have the high mph like some of you other guys, but I'll be in the 11's.

BTW, I agree that side stepping the clutch or power shifting is bad. There's something about power shifting that bothers me, especially with a cable shifter. The Evo's shift action is quick enough in that you don't need to power shift it.
Old Jun 27, 2003, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Alfriedesq

They actually go around corners too if you ever take the time to try.
Why don't you just buy a big train, hook it up to a rocket booster, and challange all the other train drivers to a straight line race.......
Old Jun 27, 2003, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by cannyboy

They actually go around corners too if you ever take the time to try.
Why don't you just buy a big train, hook it up to a rocket booster, and challange all the other train drivers to a straight line race.......
By extreme performance - I mean corners and stopping also - just becuase my car is Ferrari fast dont mean it isnt set up to out handle a stock evo also !
Old Jun 27, 2003, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

OK girls. Chill. Drugs are bad ummmmkay. Al has the fastest car spraying and AMS has the fastest w/o spraying. Put it to rest.
Old Jun 27, 2003, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by mrdecibel
OK girls. Chill. Drugs are bad ummmmkay. Al has the fastest car spraying and AMS has the fastest w/o spraying. Put it to rest.
yeah - and July 20 god willing we will see who will be the king of all US evos !
Old Jul 1, 2003, 10:11 AM

Ok, I feel very very strongly that nitrous is such a cheap way to go. I garuantee I will pull a 11.9 within the next week WITHOUT any nitrous. It's great to see people trying new tnings and I praise all of you for trying that, but I really dont think nitrous is the way to go with a Evo VIII. I just think nitrous ruins the entire rally reputation and prestige that goes along with owning an Evo. But hit 11's all motor and thats impressive... by the way thats on the stock intercooler as well, so all of you people who say the IC isnt very good, this is proof the IC can hold over 400whp. Anyways, sorry Im not trying to be a dick, just sharing my own opinions.
Just wondering who will be driving your car in that 11.9 run? I know AMS hit 12.0, but that was with an extremely skilled "DSM" driver. What are you at for hp at the wheels? Cause I was under the impression that the stock IC and turbo were damn near maxed out at around 350-360 whp?
Old Jul 2, 2003, 08:40 PM

So you planning on hitting 11's with an ALL MOTOR EVO???

Was your EVO a special order from the dealer in an All motor setup? Whats up with this setup and are you retarded wheres the turbo?
Old Jul 3, 2003, 01:24 AM
Evolving Member

1)Check your numbers 400 at the wheels???
2) Not rally racing here....drag
3) Al never hid the usage of bottle...if he did maybe then I would call it "CHEAP"
4) Hope you achieve 11's...good luck (being sincere)

Quick Reply: fastest us evo VIII ? ?