Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Works Ecu just installed, OMG

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2003, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Works Ecu just installed, OMG

Just took my car out after getting my Ecu flash at Works. When you hit the throttle it’s so smooth and some of the turbo lag is gone. OMG, I was shifting between 7900-7950 in the first three gears; you can feel the power throughout the entire rev range by the seat of your pants. It feels like a totally different car. All I can say is KICK A$$!!! This is by far the best investment that I have every made in a car.
Thanks David, for everything the flash Ecu totally ROCKS!!!!

Note: 93 Octane flash Ecu. Car is stock with no other mods. David said in a post redline was set at 7850, well I got 7900-7950 this could be because of factor tach.
Old Jun 25, 2003, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do they do a flash for the lancer OZ?
Old Jun 25, 2003, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Sounds pretty sweet!! Have you dynoed or ran the 1/4 mile before the reflash? Do you have a boost gauge?
Old Jun 25, 2003, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

The dyno plot posted earlier by WORKS is pretty amazing. How long was turn around time for you from the time you sent them your ECU to the time you got it back? does this reflash change boost? a/f ratios? timing?
Old Jun 25, 2003, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i am seriously looking to buy that worksrally ecu. but will it work say with an HKS exhaust system? those are the first two mods i am planning to do on my evo.
Old Jun 25, 2003, 03:04 PM
slt
Evolved Member

Sweet, I will be getting the 93 chip soon too. My question is, Do you really need a re-flash for exhaust? What do you adjust in the ECU for exhaust anyway? and would it make much of a difference? With my GF's GTI, you just bought the chip. there were no special "exhaust" programs".
Old Jun 25, 2003, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

sorry i must have missed that post about the WORKS ecu flash. what is their url. i know rmr does a reflash. sorry for being
Old Jun 25, 2003, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

Sounds damn good. How difficult was installation? Did you run into any problems at all or did the car fire right up?
Old Jun 25, 2003, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

And how much is this Works ECU?
Old Jun 25, 2003, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

tx evo - Thanks for the initial feedback on the Works Re-flash! Does it have a smooth pull through the powerband? The dyno charts indicate that this re-flash should have great drivability characteristics.

I got a call from David today, & should receive my 93 octane re-flashed ECU tomorrow....it sounds like I should be happy based on your experiences!

Btw- For anyone that's interested, I sent the ECU off overnight on Monday, Works recieved it on Tuesday then shipped it back out today putting the ECU back in my hands on Thursday.

slt- I also wonder about the necessity of a re-flash for the addition of an exhaust myself. I have chipped plenty of Audi and VW turbo's, and adding an exhaust and DP/racecats did not require any additional chip tuning.

Thats not to say it might not help though, because maybe some additional hp/tq could be gained from further tuning. My guess is that for the minimal incremental gains, most chip tuners just don't want to mess with too many shades of gray.

Jeff
Old Jun 25, 2003, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

again i am sorry for being slow here but what is WORKS website???????
Old Jun 25, 2003, 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

Is works a part time company , whats the deal every time I call I get a answering machine.How do you guys get ahold of david.What if the ecu fails like my RMR reflash I dont want to leave a msg on a machine.
Old Jun 25, 2003, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

worksrally.com
Old Jun 25, 2003, 04:40 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...sounding interesting...
Old Jun 25, 2003, 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
This is my first mod to the Evo.
Sorry guys the nearest Dyno to me are over 130 miles away and about the same for the racetrack. So I really have nothing to back up my claim BUT By The Seat of my Pants!

N105, the power band is very smooth all the way to redline. I don’t feel the power drop off like I did before. I was shifting at 7900-7950 and just wishing it would go higher. hehe.

The turn around time for me was 4 days. Not bad at all

It only takes about 5-10 mins to remove the Ecu and you put it back in the same way it came out.
I had no problems with starting the car are anything. If you have a Evo I would Highly recommend the Ecu flash.

Quick Reply: Works Ecu just installed, OMG