Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo7 tails installed.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2003, 04:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by original_majin
Hey I dont meen to steal this thread but does anyone have the Evo 7 tail lights on a Black Evo??? Pics would be great. PM me.
I will in a few days... got mine from japanparts.com for $320 shipped should be here soon. Damit i hate waiting for ****.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 04:25 AM
Evolved Member

why dont you guys just heat up the lights in the oven rip the covers off and then spray them with candy apple red coloring you can get from a hobby shop just make sure its transperent
usualy the color on the sticker on the top of the can is like metalic lookin not sparkly but like shiny
it only cost you like 8 dollars at the most and as long as you spray the insides of them they will come out perfect everytime
Old Jun 26, 2003, 05:13 AM
Evolved Member

No black Evo pics... got it in silver though:

Old Jun 26, 2003, 05:54 AM

Originally posted by original_majin
Hey I dont meen to steal this thread but does anyone have the Evo 7 tail lights on a Black Evo??? Pics would be great. PM me.
I do, but no pic. I seem to recall seeing one on these boards somewhere, though... They look much better, but I wished the tint was a little less pink and a little more red.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by liquidlancer
why dont you guys just heat up the lights in the oven rip the covers off and then spray them with candy apple red coloring you can get from a hobby shop just make sure its transperent
usualy the color on the sticker on the top of the can is like metalic lookin not sparkly but like shiny
it only cost you like 8 dollars at the most and as long as you spray the insides of them they will come out perfect everytime
Because when you spend $30k on a brand new car, you tend to make mods the right way. Opening up the light cluster can introduce lots of problems like leaks and cracks. If you don't reseal the lense perfectly, you will be able to see the silicone sealing caulk around the edges. And if the paint you use isn't painted onto the inside of the lense in perfect even coats, the clusters will look like junk.

I love the look of the Evo VII tails....They rawk on my Yellow Evo!

btw, the reverese light is very bright white in color on the JDM tails.

SC~ who posted to STC's Honda tech thread so he could work in the evolutionm url!
Old Jun 26, 2003, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Why dont you just buy the red taillights spray from Japan and spray it on your lights? It's removable and tlooks the same. It's also more than $300 cheaper.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by TRDHarrier
Why dont you just buy the red taillights spray from Japan and spray it on your lights? It's removable and tlooks the same. It's also more than $300 cheaper.
I don't think you guys are getting the point, we are not dealing with Civic's or Neon's here... We all spent $30,000 on a vehicle that out performs almost everything in it's market. We do not want to spend $8 on a can of spray tint to have a ghetto film over our tail lights. We would rather spend the extra money (which since we all spent 30K on a car, so we can swing $300) and get something that looks good. Spray tints all look cheap and leave a film which just doesn't look right. However buying JDM Evo 7 tails gives us the look we want (although a little pricey) and we don't have to sacrifice, using a ricer option for covering a ricer tail light.

*sorry for being so blatant but some people just don't get the point of spending more money on a quality part. I guess some people still prefer APC to HKS....

Last edited by RTW EVO; Jun 26, 2003 at 09:51 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 08:40 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old Jun 26, 2003, 09:29 AM
STC

Originally posted by RTW EVO

I don't think you guys are getting the point, we are not dealing with Civic's or Neon's here... We all spent $30,000 on a vehicle that out performs almost everything in it's market. We do not want to spend $8 on a can of spray tint to have a ghetto film over our tail lights. We would rather spend the extra money (which since we all spent 30K on a car, so we can swing $300) and get something that looks good. Spray tints all look cheap and leave a film which just doesn't look right. However buying JDM Evo 7 tails gives us the look we want (although a little pricey) and we don't have to sacrifice staring a ricer option for covering a ricer tail light.

*sorry for being so blatant but some people just don't get the point of spending more money on a quality part. I guess some people still prefer APC to HKS....
couldnt have said it better myself
Old Jun 26, 2003, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by TRDHarrier
Yeah, you are right. But I guess we could also use ($2.00 a roll) red tinted Saran Wrap to cover our tails too....$6.00 cheaper than the spray.... and the quality of that mod is about as good as using ghetto red spray paint.

SC~
Old Jun 26, 2003, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea thats like buying APC over HKS, come on. We want the best possible products for our EVO's folks!
Old Jun 26, 2003, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by boostedwrx
Yea thats like buying APC over HKS, come on. We want the best possible products for our EVO's folks!
not very original - see 4 posts up
Old Jun 26, 2003, 02:04 PM
STC

Originally posted by RTW EVO

I will in a few days... got mine from japanparts.com for $320 shipped should be here soon. Damit i hate waiting for ****.
$320. WOW how did u get that??
Old Jun 26, 2003, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

i agree though, spray paint is ghetto and I did it once(yup, shoot me) on my rsx and it changes colr or looks like ****. Plus I want mitsu parts...

2 COOL I swet your car, love the rims so much... No problem with the spacers??????

-shahul
Old Jun 26, 2003, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Nope, spacers working fine. Even took it out this past Saturday on the street tires for autoX practice day. No problems at all. 3mm spacers are so thin they aren't even noticeable staring at the rim from 2 feet away.