Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

"Circuit City Security system install"

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2007, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL, if he did, then he needs to be fired. Could be a blown fuse, hopefully not a fried ignition harness...or, cold soldier joint.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 07:49 PM

sorry to hear this bro I had problems with circuit city installing my head unit
Old Jul 5, 2007, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

ok...im gona give you some serious advise..Get the managers name and store number(not the store phone nuber) its like their branch store number and call the corporate office and complain about the situation.Make sure everything is documented.
This will alarm the manager!(btw I work for Best Buy corporate)
Old Jul 5, 2007, 11:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
most big retails like cc and bb dont know **** about eletronics, all they care about is how fast they can yank the product into your car, then time it and call themselves the best installer.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 11:51 PM

Circuit Schitty
Old Jul 6, 2007, 12:07 AM

Screw the GM of the store....Take this to Corporate and the head CEO of the company and screw them over with it! You handed them the keys....they F-up your car! They pay for it!
Old Jul 6, 2007, 12:55 AM

Discount!!!!!
Old Jul 6, 2007, 02:19 AM
Evolving Member

i would report it to BBB... i reported to BBB like 3 times and everytime things worked out good and i got what i deserved from those crappy businesses. give it a try.
Originally Posted by EV06MR
Wow... Circuit City wouldn't do the auto start for me because it's illegal due to it having a manual transmission. Sorry to hear about your issue with them but I thought it was a company policy throughout the 50 states.
^ sorry for being an idiot but why is it illegal to install auto start in a manual transmission equipped car?
Old Jul 6, 2007, 05:01 AM
Evolving Member

A friend of mine took his car (not evo) to circuit city for an alarm install and they decided they would mount the alarm control box to the ecu...with screws. The car started just fine but after a short time a few things did not seems right. When he took it to the dealer they discovered the problem and was like wtf.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 06:06 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
like MRCole said, give the managers name, CC branch so he can help. Did you talk to the installer to put in an autostart and then they had you sign a waiver that is why they are not covering it? If the they installed the AS, check the clutch bypass. That is the most common part that they can't figure out. The immobilizer bypass is easy.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 06:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
These retail chains aren't bad in a situation like this if you know how to handle yourself. I've seen thousands of claims paid out to people over the pettiest things so theres no way they won't pay for it. You just need to make sure you are talking to one of the Roadshop managers or the Store Director.

Depending on the store you'll also have the Operations Manager or the Assistant Store Director who are all at the top of the food chain in each store and would be more than willing to help you out.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 08:12 AM

They did mine which was a python 9900. They would install the auto start, but I would have had to buy the bypass and I said no thanks. I would rather not anyway. They did fine with mine. Had it back in about 4 hours.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 08:17 AM

no they did not install a Auto start not even a remote key entry...just an audible alarm...
Old Jul 6, 2007, 08:26 AM

MRCole thanks for the help the location of CC is 2926 South Lindbergh BLVD Saint Louis, MO 63125-4219 and the store number is # 530 I had installed a Hornet 740t. Now the Manager who I had a problem with was the operations manager, his name was Chris... Now CC did not do anything wrong in his eyes, now circuit city is paying for the tow and work done at the dealership but it was a huge fiasco...

I'm still waiting on an update from the dealer regarding the car's status hopefully early this afternoon...

I will leave an update as soon as I find out whats going on..

Unds
Old Jul 6, 2007, 08:42 AM

I had a hornet security system installed in my EVO. I didn't have too much problems with it untill I had them add a tilt sensor and a microphone sensor. Then it started going off randomly. Took a while to figure out it was the tilt sensor. It was set too sensitive. Also had some trouble with getting it to turn the dome light on when you unlocked the door with the remote. It's working fine now though.

Quick Reply: "Circuit City Security system install"