Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

"Circuit City Security system install"

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2007, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Circuit City Security system install"

I recently purchased an evo MR and have decided to put a "Hornet Security system" installed by circuit city into it and now it is sitting in a shop for the past two days because it will not start... They say the code has been wiped out completly by the guy at circuit city who installed the security system... Now I am late for my PCS to NC!!! Which puts me in a big bind... Just thought I would throw my problem out there and see if anyone else has any problems with installing a security system in EVO'S and if so Would appreciate any input...

Thanks

Unds
Old Jul 5, 2007, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

Wow... Circuit City wouldn't do the auto start for me because it's illegal due to it having a manual transmission. Sorry to hear about your issue with them but I thought it was a company policy throughout the 50 states.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Probably screwed up somthing with the starter kill or there is a bad relay in there somewhere. It should be pretty easy to fix. There really isnt that much to an alarm install
Old Jul 5, 2007, 06:41 PM

Yeah you are telling me...lol... Thats what I said "there is not much to an alarm install"... How could they screw it up?

I figured he blew a fuse or something or relay to the turbo or to the fuel pump... However after running diagnostics at the dealer they don't know whats up with it and they have it hooked up to a comp right now and leaving it over night and checking out the mapping system first thing tomorrow... However back at Circuit City the Boss man of the store is telling me Circuit City is not Liable! WTF???

I am never going to Circuit City ever again!

Unds
Old Jul 5, 2007, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

thats the reason why i dont have one....people tend to F**k up our evos somehow
Old Jul 5, 2007, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

You should demand for a huge discount of something!!!
Old Jul 5, 2007, 06:50 PM

Yeah I mean I just got back to the states just bought an MR had it two weeks and this happens... I know, Nobody takes pride in anything they do these days its all about the $$$ All i want is my car and everything restored to the way it was, I don't need to store manager giving me his opinion that something was wrong with the car B4 it came to circuit city.... I was ready to kill that guy... What never, A manager does not do these things???

Am I right

Unds
Old Jul 5, 2007, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

or even refund ure money. thats a HUGE hassle on ure part bro. I had a local audio store install it for me. i bought a pyhton 2 way pager alarm. it's all good upto now.

just wondering; did you asked them to install a auto start?
Old Jul 5, 2007, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by unds_85
Yeah you are telling me...lol... Thats what I said "there is not much to an alarm install"... How could they screw it up?

I figured he blew a fuse or something or relay to the turbo or to the fuel pump... However after running diagnostics at the dealer they don't know whats up with it and they have it hooked up to a comp right now and leaving it over night and checking out the mapping system first thing tomorrow... However back at Circuit City the Boss man of the store is telling me Circuit City is not Liable! WTF???

I am never going to Circuit City ever again!

Unds

I am interested to see what the outcome is, my guess is cold soldier joint. Like you said there really isn't much to an alarm install, and i am guessing you went with the 569t?

I am a cc manager, did installs and ran the shop for 2 years. When you say boss, my guess is you are referring to the installation manager? I'll help you through it. Don't let them lie to you, i can get the district manager or store manager's name for you if you would like. They def. need to take care of you better.

Please keep me updated!

PS: what location cc is it?
Old Jul 5, 2007, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Screw the dealer to. Find a true installer that knows moble electronics and have them go over the alarm install and fix it. I bet you they'll find it right away. Like I said its probably somthing stupid. Do you have any specs on the alarm. Or a link to the alarm
Old Jul 5, 2007, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Screw the dealer to. Find a true installer that knows moble electronics and have them go over the alarm install and fix it. I bet you they'll find it right away. Like I said its probably somthing stupid. Do you have any specs on the alarm. Or a link to the alarm
Not sure why you need a manual. All dei products use the same wire colors.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

I was interested in the feature of the alarm. Does it have a starter kill, built in Turbo Timer feature, Remote start? If the alarm has some or all of these features they're places to look since they tap ignition
Old Jul 5, 2007, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MRCole
I am interested to see what the outcome is, my guess is cold soldier joint. Like you said there really isn't much to an alarm install, and i am guessing you went with the 569t?

I am a cc manager, did installs and ran the shop for 2 years. When you say boss, my guess is you are referring to the installation manager? I'll help you through it. Don't let them lie to you, i can get the district manager or store manager's name for you if you would like. They def. need to take care of you better.

Please keep me updated!

PS: what location cc is it?
i completely agree...here is always someone higher in charge.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
I was interested in the feature of the alarm. Does it have a starter kill, built in Turbo Timer feature, Remote start? If the alarm has some or all of these features they're places to look since they tap ignition
It's the most basic of alarms, you use literally 7 wires. One being the orange, which is the ground output when armed, used to open the relay for the starter kill. No RS, no turbo timer. Red and Yellow tap the ignition harness, that's it!
Old Jul 5, 2007, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

So its nothing to trace his problem. Unless the tried installing it with the car running or somthing. LOL

Quick Reply: "Circuit City Security system install"