Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

anyone ride stock and completly satisfied..???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2007, 04:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine is still stock and only has 49 original miles on it still.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

I stayed stock for about a year and a half (was very satisfied). However, I finally got my first mod after 35k miles, a k&N drop in filter. I'll probably be satisfied for another year or so.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

I'm completely satisfied with my stock IX RS. No plans to change the power. I've changed the rotors and pads, but I don't count those as modding because the new parts perform no better than the originals. However, I do have another set of OEM rotors and pads on standby to make the car one hundred percent stock.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

The car is great in stock form! Like someone else said, I enjoy working on and learning about my car, so modding basically became necessary. I'm not such a power junky, I just wanted to tweak what I thought were some weak links. With so much potential with very few bolt-ons, it just seemed like the right way to go. I love horsepower, don't get me wrong, but I also love everything else about modifying cars. I enjoy putting the new part on the car just as much as taking that first drive and feeling the difference it made!
Old Jul 6, 2007, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a drop-in filter, a catback, and a tune; and am very satisfied with it. The car is already amazing out of the box, and will need to upgrade my driving skills before upgrading it more.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 06:16 PM

My car is practically stock with just a rear tower bar and an underbody diffuser to sort out the rear end wiggle at high speed. The only thing power wise I have done is an xflash. I enjoy the car very much as it sits, for it performs well in all aspects for my daily driving needs. I know it would be terrible fun to make some big power with it right now, but I am shuffling my power cards to my 323 GT and putting money where it would be more financially viable.
l
Old Jul 6, 2007, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

We don't have rear struts, so the rear tower bar doesn't do anything, and a diffuser isn't the solution to rear end wiggle, btw.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 07:10 PM

Been stock for 2 years now and completely satisfied. I think its time to change that.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 07:14 PM
Evolving Member

Going to keep it stock, thats my goal, evolve my driving intead of my evo.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
all those people who post pics of their stock ride....
Old Jul 6, 2007, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by adambl03
I'm on the bonestock suspension and tires. I love the way it feels since this is my daily driver. But, I don't like the 4x4 stance and wheel well gaps.
Compared to what I'm used to from my other car, the Evo has no wheel gap in comparison. The eclipse is the one that looks like a 4x4. I absolutely love the Evo's stock suspension and my driving skills and habits will never need more, as far as straight line power, well right now I'm poor so it'll have to wait.

Originally Posted by sonicnofadz
A stock Evo? Its like a finding a four leaf clover.
I've got a 4 leaf clover. Unless if you count a boost gauge as not stock, but $500 for the crappy hard to read stock package, or $200 for a nice peak and hold gauge, I saved myself some money there

Originally Posted by newMRevoNyne
Going to keep it stock, thats my goal, evolve my driving intead of my evo.
that's a very good viewpoint and mindset
Old Jul 6, 2007, 08:14 PM

When i made this thread I never thought so many people would be content keeping their ride stock or somewhat close to stock. I guess that is a good thing in a way.....it keeps stuff from breaking faster! LOL
Old Jul 6, 2007, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

I've decided to keep my EVO 8 on a stock-height suspension. All I did was upgrade to a new set of factory IX MR Bilstein spring/shock assembly.

My goal was to make the car handle better and be more bump friendly and keep my stock ground clearance for the rough roads of NYC
Old Jul 6, 2007, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

I'm completely stock except for a K&N air filter and a tune. I'm generally very happy with the car and its current setup, however I sometimes get the urge to spend a ridiculous amount of money just to experience 500 AWHP. In reality, there are much more worthy things on which I could spend my money (braces for the kids, paying down student loans, etc) so I'll just have to content myself with watching Chris' videos on Streetfire.net.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 09:43 PM

A K&N drop in filter is a mod?