Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

anyone ride stock and completly satisfied..???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2007, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mathgeek
I'm completely stock except for a K&N air filter and a tune. I'm generally very happy with the car and its current setup, however I sometimes get the urge to spend a ridiculous amount of money just to experience 500 AWHP. In reality, there are much more worthy things on which I could spend my money (braces for the kids, paying down student loans, etc) so I'll just have to content myself with watching Chris' videos on Streetfire.net.
i guess i'm glad im enjoying myself before the kids and the wife come along
Old Jul 6, 2007, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
We don't have rear struts, so the rear tower bar doesn't do anything, and a diffuser isn't the solution to rear end wiggle, btw.

Oops, I'm sorry. I forgot that you know everything about lancers and cars in general. Of course I know it has a multilink rear, but what is the problem with increasing the rear end rigidity of the vehicle? As with the diffuser, since you don't drive my car, I find it hard to believe you would know how much it benefits the rear end without a wing.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 10:33 PM
Evolving Member

Mine was stock for first 23 miles and then i got power hungry...
Old Jul 6, 2007, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jd323
Oops, I'm sorry. I forgot that you know everything about lancers and cars in general. Of course I know it has a multilink rear, but what is the problem with increasing the rear end rigidity of the vehicle? As with the diffuser, since you don't drive my car, I find it hard to believe you would know how much it benefits the rear end without a wing.
I know nothing about Lancers and very little about any other cars, but I know a good bit about Evos. The "rear end rigidity" is negligible - the rear tower bar does nothing except provide a place to hang things or secure them in the trunk by tying to the tower bar. I didn't say the diffuser didn't help you - I said it wasn't the solution. You chose bandaids to cover the wounds instead of actually healing them. That's all.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 10:56 PM
Evolved Member

IMO a stock evo is a complete turd on the street/highway if you're used to driving big power cars, but it's still AWESOME on a road course and feels very fast. I actually prefer a stock evo or a lightly modded one on a road course because the power is a lot more useable and doesn't get you into dangerous situations (unless you don't know what you're doing of course).
Old Jul 6, 2007, 11:00 PM
Account Disabled

Completely stock, yeah I love it, but I'm still going to mod it up.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 11:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sonicnofadz
A stock Evo? Its like a finding a four leaf clover.
Exactly
Old Jul 6, 2007, 11:14 PM

oops

Last edited by hasetak; Jul 6, 2007 at 11:19 PM.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by mathgeek
I'm completely stock except for a K&N air filter and a tune. I'm generally very happy with the car and its current setup, however I sometimes get the urge to spend a ridiculous amount of money just to experience 500 AWHP. In reality, there are much more worthy things on which I could spend my money (braces for the kids, paying down student loans, etc) so I'll just have to content myself with watching Chris' videos on Streetfire.net.
Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
i guess i'm glad im enjoying myself before the kids and the wife come along

+1
Old Jul 6, 2007, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I know nothing about Lancers and very little about any other cars, but I know a good bit about Evos. The "rear end rigidity" is negligible - the rear tower bar does nothing except provide a place to hang things or secure them in the trunk by tying to the tower bar. I didn't say the diffuser didn't help you - I said it wasn't the solution. You chose bandaids to cover the wounds instead of actually healing them. That's all.

You know, I never said the diffuser was the "fix all problems" for aero dynamics, but since I do not have massive amounts of money for wind tunnel testing or materials to make the underbody of the car proper, it will have to work. I have to say that most aero parts installed on an evo are considered bandaids since they all are there to help downforce, aoa, stability, drag, balance, yada yada yada...

On the tower bar, I respect your opinion, but then again it is your opinion.
Old Jul 7, 2007, 01:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I like to think my car is the way it should have came stock.
Old Jul 7, 2007, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Have some performance bolt ons but the suspension is stock (except for a rear sway bar). My car is a DD and the stock suspension is stiff enough.
Old Jul 7, 2007, 07:35 AM
Evolving Member

I couldnt keep it stock longer than a couple of months.... it was fun while it lasted though but you always want more and you want to individualize things... it's human nature I suppose
Old Jul 7, 2007, 09:11 AM

Cool

I have an Evo 9 MR and recently installed a BR Stage 1. For around $1500 installed it's a bargain and I could not be happier. The car was descent in stock trim but it really comes alive with very little work. In my opinion a stock Evo is almost a waste considering what you can turn it into for $1500. My car was at around 230 hp to the wheels stock and now were at 311 hp running only 21 psi boost ! Do yourself a fovor and go get yourself a stage 1 !

MarK.
Old Jul 7, 2007, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i was on the first day i bought it - now after modding its hard to go back