Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

anyone ride stock and completly satisfied..???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2007, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone ride stock and completly satisfied..???

just wondering how many evo owners ride bone stock and are happy with the car that way???
Old Jul 6, 2007, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

I was satisfied with my car when it was stock. I mod it mainly because I like working on cars. Once you start modding it is really hard to stop though.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 01:34 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm on the bonestock suspension and tires. I love the way it feels since this is my daily driver. But, I don't like the 4x4 stance and wheel well gaps. So, I was considering some Swift springs to lower the car a bit. But, then I started thinking that I'll be tracking this car a few times a year. So, now I'm looking at a mid-level coilover system that will feel like stock when on the street.

Do you have any goals for your car? People might be able to help point you in the right direction if you're looking for any help.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 01:38 PM

Iv been enjoying my car for 57k with just a catback and drop in kn. I definatly still enjoy it. Acceleration on open roads you get used to but in the corners the power is still extremely awsome to have on tap. These cars are just beasts.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 01:42 PM
Former Sponsor

I kept it stock for 3 years, car is super fast as it is and it's nice to have a warranty.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what's a warranty?

J/K
Mine is relatively stock, w/ a few cosmetic mods. I consider the FMIC a cosmetic mod, since it fills in the bumper better.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by adambl03
I'm on the bonestock suspension and tires. I love the way it feels since this is my daily driver. But, I don't like the 4x4 stance and wheel well gaps. So, I was considering some Swift springs to lower the car a bit. But, then I started thinking that I'll be tracking this car a few times a year. So, now I'm looking at a mid-level coilover system that will feel like stock when on the street.

Do you have any goals for your car? People might be able to help point you in the right direction if you're looking for any help.
im modded bro BR stage 1 with a few exterior goodies... nothing big. thanks though! I want the 9. I might just part this one out and save a little to get myself in the 9.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by topnitroracer
I was satisfied with my car when it was stock. I mod it mainly because I like working on cars. Once you start modding it is really hard to stop though.
i totally agree
Old Jul 6, 2007, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

i left the suspension stock i love the way the stock suspension feels except for the roll...my friend has the tien coilovers and to me it rides too stiff
Old Jul 6, 2007, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

I think its human nature to always want more! even ferrari owners mod their cars., also its a way to individualize i guess.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 02:36 PM

I just bought mine and i can say it won't stay this way for long.... lol Like getting a hamburger plain... yeah it's still good but it's sooooo much better with all the toppings
Old Jul 6, 2007, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have to say that I was very pleased and impressed by the stock setup. I went a full 2 years without touching a single suspension component, and that includes doing a bunch of NASA HPDEs up through HPDE3, lots of autocrosses (SCCA SM), one rally-x, and a ton of drag racing. I had never driven anything with this much capability, so I was very pleased for quite a while. It wasn't until I started learning to drive it pretty well and overpowering it with race tires that I decided it was time to move up. It took a while to drive the stock suspension to its max, and when I got there, I moved up to a big-time set of Ohlins with even larger race tires. I am now in learning mode again and loving it, but the stock setup was good enough to beat just about anything out there.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

still stock, bought it a month ago, break in is done, may do mods to get to 350 whp as soon as i get some cash
Old Jul 6, 2007, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

I've had mine now over a year, and have done practically nothing to the engine, as the car is powerful enough for me in basic stock form. When it came to suspension, I wanted to upgrade as soon as I could, not necessarily only for track purposes (as Warrtalon states, the stock suspension is very capable from the get go) but also for the everyday "feel" of driving a car that always felt "planted" and neutral.

A couple visits from Robi yielded the results I wanted for both street and track; and I'm still "growing" into the suspension capabilites on the track (not even coming close to what the car is capable of after seeing what more experienced Evo drivers can do)
Old Jul 6, 2007, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A stock Evo? Its like a finding a four leaf clover.