Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Fujita Intake..

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2007, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DarkEvoIX
I understand that a cone filter sucks more air. But our cars have an undertray and all intake air has passed through the radiator. Cool air is denser than warm air, that is why the old muscle cars had hoodscoops. And are not both intakes limited by the same maf?
I'm not being argumentative or flaming. I just am not sure that an intake is really
a huge improvement over a drop-in
AS its already been proven....the stock intake system is efficient to about 375-420whp, which coincidently is the usual the maximum output of the stock turbo or stockish turbo setup [20g].
Old Jul 7, 2007, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeIsBoosted
Yes, but the Injen and Fujita kits don't require a mini battery kit / battery relocation.
Which means they follow the stock routing and are therefore no benefit over stock other than being solid pipes instead of silicone sections, which makes minimal-to-no difference in performance. The UICPs on the market that are straight as possible perform the best, and this is also why they require a mini-battery.

I don't know why people would be saying to get Fujita vs Injen. How about neither and only spend $80 on a Buschur cone filter (or equivalent)?
Old Jul 7, 2007, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

As a user of the fujita please dont get it!... it rubs, Their customer service is horrible, the pipes are not rolled at the ends and blow off during boost even with t-clamps, Im replacing mine and going with AMS.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone interested in getting the Fujita should do some searching on the socalevo forum. There are a lot of people there that have purchased it, and they have the solutions to all of the problems that it creates. Mainly. if you buy it, "do not use the fujita filter" that is provided. buy an AEM or similar cone filter and problems should be solved. Apparently the Fujita filter does some funky stuff and makes the car run like poo.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Cyloc
The fujita only comes with the upper pipe. You can get the injen kit with both the upper and lower pipes. Go with the injen. One of my freinds has the fujita on his evo. He is going to sell it and get the injen.
Are you sure about the Fujita coming with only upper pipes, I was told by my performance store that it has the full kit---upper/lower pipes...
Old Aug 2, 2007, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i dynoed my car stock with 248 whp... with hks rs intake and no tune went to 257 whp... just letting you guys know!... with tune might get a lil bit more out of it
Old Aug 2, 2007, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

Fujita is going to be offering the lower IC pipe later on this year, as well.

I have the Fujita intake. Not too bad. I had to do a bit of tuning to get it to work correctly. I didnt think about changing the filter.

I like the hard piping tho...its nice. I got the wrinkle black. If you install it correctly, there is NO rub. I got nothing bad to say bout it.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Buschur cone filter you could look into that.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 02:39 PM
Evolving Member

^yea, thats what Bryan recommended. Isnt that basically the same as the ebay one?
Old Aug 2, 2007, 02:56 PM
Former Vendor

The Fujita comes with upper and lower I/C pipes but if the ends aren't rolled, you'll be hating life when the pipes keep blowing off. I use the Injen kit and have no complaints.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Speed Corps
The Fujita comes with upper and lower I/C pipes but if the ends aren't rolled, you'll be hating life when the pipes keep blowing off. I use the Injen kit and have no complaints.
Anyone with pix of the actual product ???
Old Aug 2, 2007, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

http://www.f5air.com/applications.html
Old Aug 2, 2007, 03:42 PM
Former Vendor

Iv'e never seen one up close and personal or ever installed one but just by the look of the pic, I'd go with the Injen.
Old Aug 2, 2007, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

^what reasoning is behind that statement? (not trying trying to start flame war)

Fujits split off of Injen...i believe...so they are (for the most part) very similar designs...
Old Aug 2, 2007, 03:52 PM
Former Vendor

Yeah, but the pipe ends on the Injen kit are rolled. I can't see buying a kit that you'd have to modify to make work correctly. It's a nice kit and is very similar to Injen, don't get me wrong, it's just sucks when you have to pull over to put your pipes back on.