Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Good Lord!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2003, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
your making my bank account cringe

I expect about 1k over MSRP due to alaska.. but 30-31 is way less than 35999

Ahh well, im gonna do some drive bys at dealer ships and see whats up

need to call on insurance too, did anyone notice some insane increases?
Old Jun 26, 2003, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

Remember there are higher delivery fees to Alaska from all auto makers.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2 grand over msrp might be a good deal to some rich ceo. its a **** deal to a car enthusiast.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

I'm going to agree wth MaxR,

I dont want to get raped while buying the car.. everywhere i look the shipping to alaska is 750. and I dont want to pay more than 1k over msrp,, that's prety resonable on my part its not like the dealers are LOSING money on me

but again, the local demand might be high.. and hopfuly
BLKEVO8 & jedinite 's people will be able to lube me up a bit before bending me over
Old Jun 26, 2003, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

Still alot of car for that amount and if your implying I am a rich CEO your mistaken I ended up paying about $1600 over and worth every penny I sent in my ECU to works and I am renting a Cavalier for a few days what a piece of Sh%$*T car here is a suggestion any of you Evo owners start losing love for your car rent a Cavalier or equivalent and you will be reminded what an amazing car the Evo is really. Same deal going on for the STi just a few dealers in the entire network are doing MSRP and there are big waiting lists for those if you walk in to a dealer and one is sitting on the floor expect to pay over or just dont buy it someone will walk in right after you and pay for it that is what's happening to get a car as good as this Evo the next price up is $50K so put it in perspective would ya!
Old Jun 26, 2003, 12:51 PM
In Timeout

Here in Atlanta I got a price of 28,055 for anyone on the lot. He is asking 2k more for blue. :-) No roof and a wing. Now that's a deal. Have to sell my nsx 1st don't need 4 cars.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

I guess thats true, but its hard for me (this will be my first ever "new" car purchase, i nvr bought em before cuz the dollar loss when you drive off the lot is insane) I guess i just need to get over it

hell i dont even know if there are any local
Old Jun 26, 2003, 12:55 PM
In Timeout

Also the same dealer in atlanta is getting 11 more in. So I think if you take your time you can do good. Please DONT deal with Rick Case in Atlanta they said I had a salvage title and it was not. I did not have it with me but they low balled me on my car about 6-7k now I broke off the deal and got my cars back. Also I got that one with a moon roof for 29,650. Keep working the prices people. I would love to get one at 27,xxx
Old Jun 26, 2003, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Ryanmcd2!!

a man after my own hart, paying 29 for a roof is my ideal situation
but im a patient guy gona put out my feelers and see whats out there.. i just hope they dont stop production in the next two months
Old Jun 26, 2003, 01:05 PM

There is no reason they should be charging that much. Tell them about the MSRP dealers and if they dont deal just walk bro, dont bother.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 01:06 PM
In Timeout

Originally posted by zTargeTz
Ryanmcd2!!

a man after my own hart, paying 29 for a roof is my ideal situation
but im a patient guy gona put out my feelers and see whats out there.. i just hope they dont stop production in the next two months

When they say 33,000 laugh at them. Say you have the check from your bank and you are not there to screw around. Say what can you do under 29,500. If they say No one sells for that I can send you my paper work and the damn buy order. lol One dealer said the lot will be clear after that sucky 2fast crap, So I stopped by 2 weeks after the movie and got it for that price. Also you CAN test drive one I did for about 20 miles don't listen to the BS. I have spend about 10 hours this week moving cars and talking to them. These cars are NOT MOVING well. You can get them for a deal and they are starting to see that. Hell no one knows what it is.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 01:09 PM
N/A
Evolving Member

I went to a local dealership and they wouldn't even talk price with me. They said I had to fill out paperwork to see if I would even be able to afford the car prior to any test drive or talk about price. I told them thanks anyways, I might be back in the Fall when you've pulled your head out of your ***. I wanted to buy one but that experience pissed me off.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

I love the car, so im not talkin **** about it

but it seems more like a "car" persons car, not one that would fly off the lots

Last edited by zTargeTz; Jun 26, 2003 at 01:15 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 01:12 PM
In Timeout

Originally posted by N/A
I went to a local dealership and they wouldn't even talk price with me. They said I had to fill out paperwork to see if I would even be able to afford the car prior to any test drive or talk about price. I told them thanks anyways, I might be back in the Fall when you've pulled your head out of your ***. I wanted to buy one but that experience pissed me off.

Here is the deal, if every punk that watched the 2f2f movie is looking at this car. I am young as well. not too young 27 but they have SO many people kicking the tires. Don't let them pull the credit UNLESS you are going to buy, not good to get it pulled all the time. Tell them you are going through you own bank and what is the BEST price they can do. and once you get that price goto the next place. I got a 1600 better price about 10 miles away. Play the game. I bet Mitus pays about 23,000 24,000 for this car. Hell if they sell it at invoice it's still a good deal to both.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Ryanmcd2

Here is the deal, if every punk that watched the 2f2f movie is looking at this car. I am young as well. not too young 27 but they have SO many people kicking the tires. Don't let them pull the credit UNLESS you are going to buy, not good to get it pulled all the time. Tell them you are going through you own bank and what is the BEST price they can do. and once you get that price goto the next place. I got a 1600 better price about 10 miles away. Play the game. I bet Mitus pays about 23,000 24,000 for this car. Hell if they sell it at invoice it's still a good deal to both.
Good point. The whole "punk" thing explains why I get no respect in dealerships. Well, if the salespeople can't give me the time of day, then they can't have my money.