Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Good Lord!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2003, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Lord!

the email i just recived :

Erik,

Thank you for your reply. The EVO is a very limited production vehicle, and will remain that way. We do have a red EVO, and it is equipped exactly the way you've specified. Our asking price is $40,807, keeping in mind the availability and demand for the vehicle. Is there a figure on this EVO that would work for you? If so, how will you be paying for the vehicle, and do you have a trade in? We look forward to your reply, and to working with you.

Please call if you have further questions.

HOLY SHEET! I was lookin for that 28k one..

now for a kindly worded "up yours" email......
Old Jun 26, 2003, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Dont burn bridges man....
The Mitsu dealer in Orland Park wouldnt even let me sit in an Evo until started talking hardball, plus they wanted 36,000. Now, I heard someone got an Evo recently from the same dealer for like 29,000...
Old Jun 26, 2003, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Well this is an out of state dealer,, I was hoping they'd be cheeper than local (damn, i really hope local is cheeper than that lol)
Old Jun 26, 2003, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

MSRP is in the $28-30 range, dep on the wing/sunroof appointments. So that dealer tried to throw a $10k market price adjustment at ya.

If you are really serious about getting the car, offer him the MSRP price and see what he says. if not, walk and check out another dealership.

SC~
Old Jun 26, 2003, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

I just emailed back saying 29-30k w/spoiler & sunroof is what i was willing to pay

then i mentioned a 15k downpayment (they lov that)

we'll see.. its not even the color i want..
Old Jun 26, 2003, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dont get red, red sucks. look for the color you want and dont pay anymore than $31k
Old Jun 26, 2003, 11:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Try THousand Oaks Mitsubishi in Cali. THey seem to have reasonable prices (from reading posts on this forum). You could always have it shipped (fleet moves) to a dealer closer to you. Just my .02.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Well the dealer i checked was from "back home" where i used to live, small area (southern oregon) so prolly not the best place for prices on a semi rare car (but maybe a good reason to visit the parents 'n have a fun road trip)

I'll try up here in alaska 'n see what i get

hopfuly better than 40k lol

and ya, i didnt really want red.. black was my choice, silver next.. blue third i supose.. red was last....
Old Jun 26, 2003, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

I can get you a car from my dealer here at MSRP, they'll ship the car to you and do complete remote delivery. PM me if you are interested.

No affiliation yadda yadda, just trying to help out a fellow enthusiast.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by zTargeTz
Well the dealer i checked was from "back home" where i used to live, small area (southern oregon) so prolly not the best place for prices on a semi rare car (but maybe a good reason to visit the parents 'n have a fun road trip)

I'll try up here in alaska 'n see what i get

hopfuly better than 40k lol

and ya, i didnt really want red.. black was my choice, silver next.. blue third i supose.. red was last....
Get a hold of Doug at Korum Mitsubishi in Puyallup Washinton just do a dealer search in the Mits site fo rthe location number. He is cool tell him Lou mentioned it he will hook you up.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

every dealers here are selling msrp, I can't belive that there are still dealers out there ripping people off even after STi came out
Old Jun 26, 2003, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

When I bought my yellow oz the damn dealer said "oh the yellow ones are very hard for them to get a hold of" well 2 weeks after my buy I'm back to turn in a survey for a full tank and what is in the lot? FIVE yellow oz lancers. Anything to sell a car! That sucks about as bad as their paint dept.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Here's the latest

Erik,

The reason these vehicles are selling for over MSRP is again, because of their limited production, and high demand.

My sales manager has authorized me to offer you an internet direct price of $35,999.

I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Wendy Hahn
Internet Coordinator

I told her that 5k over MSRP wasnt going to draw me out of state for a purchase,, your right, this is a bit insane. I'll definatly be looking localy first
Old Jun 26, 2003, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ya its still crazy, i just put my money in a cd, going to wait it out and see what happens. no evo isn't the end of the world.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

Well lets face it all the reviews have not help cool the car down which is good for us owners and to top it off millions of people saw 2fast2furious and ever since that movie I have been approached several times at gas stations grocery stores etc.... and the first words out of their mouths hey cool car its the one from 2fast2furious even though it was a evo vii in that movie close enough I guess. It will be a while yet before they cool off I had a conservative looking guy come up to me saying wow I read the road and track and this car hangs out with moslers and lambos I want to get one.... You see were I am going with this if you can get MSRP geat do it.. but if the best deal is a couple grand over get it that is still a good deal.