Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

So my car got keyed tonight.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2007, 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down So my car got keyed tonight.

Sucks that it happened and it was just a matter of time. I had a gut feeling having the car parked outside something was going to happen to it. They got every panel except the passenger fender, roof, trunk and front bumper. Ill have pics in the morning. Looks like the worst is the drivers side doors, I think the rest can be buffed out or at least get it looking somewhat normal.

It disturbs me that some parents cant watch their children or teach them some sort of respect nowadays. I never had a problem leaving my car unlocked sitting in my driveway when I lived in WI. But here, no way. Too much crime in this city.

Yet another thing, I shouldn't feel as bad that my good neighbor got his fairly brand new R6 stolen last night. The apt complex I live in use to have nighttime security but got rid of them since they didnt do anything and fell asleep all night. Now for the last few days Ive noticed that the front security gate hasn't been working, so anyone can come and go as they please. For the amount of money all of the tenants dish out you think they could afford it. I would claim it on my insurance but would rather leave it out if the paint can be brought back to somewhat normal. My roommate is taking the car to his dealership tomorrow to see if anything can be done.

I have a feeling they will be back and I have an idea on how to apprehend them. Stay tuned for pics.

Front drivers fender

Drivers front door

Drivers rear door

Drivers rear 1/4 panel

Passenger front door

Passenger rear door

Passenger rear 1/4 panel

Last edited by dryad001; Jul 12, 2007 at 03:21 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 10:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn dude that sux really bad, I always feel like it will happen to me one day in New Jersey but when I visit my faminly in michigan I can always feel safe. It just sucks that people have no respect like that, I'd rather have some punks try to fight me then mess with my car. I suggest an alarm with a remote sensor I have a remote on my key chain and it vibrates and beeps when someone messes with your car, came with it when I bought so no idea on price but it would be a great investment.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 10:59 PM
Admin Alumni

Originally Posted by dryad001
Sucks that it happened and it was just a matter of time. I had a gut feeling having the car parked outside something was going to happen to it. They got every panel except the passenger fender, roof, trunk and front bumper. Ill have pics in the morning. Looks like the worst is the drivers side doors, I think the rest can be buffed out or at least get it looking somewhat normal.

It disturbs me that some parents cant watch their children or teach them some sort of respect nowadays. I never had a problem leaving my car unlocked sitting in my driveway when I lived in WI. But here, no way. Too much crime in this city.

Yet another thing, I shouldn't feel as bad that my good neighbor got his fairly brand new R6 stolen last night. The apt complex I live in use to have nighttime security but got rid of them since they didnt do anything and fell asleep all night. Now for the last few days Ive noticed that the front security gate hasn't been working, so anyone can come and go as they please. For the amount of money all of the tenants dish out you think they could afford it. I would claim it on my insurance but would rather leave it out if the paint can be brought back to somewhat normal. My roommate is taking the car to his dealership tomorrow to see if anything can be done.

I have a feeling they will be back and I have an idea on how to apprehend them. Stay tuned for pics.
I hate hearing about things like this.......some people have no respect at all. I hope it all works out for you and the cops (or you) find these guys.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 11:00 PM
Evolving Member

where was this at? i live in orlando too
Old Jul 11, 2007, 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

Dang haters
Old Jul 11, 2007, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by exiledevo
where was this at? i live in orlando too
Right behind the Ale House on south 436, whats weird is that theres 3-4 Evos in my complex. I think Ill have to rearrange my garage so I can fit my car in there. Hopefully the kid who bought my jetski picks it up this week.

The alarm idea is good, Ill have to see whats out there. But Ill be moving to a small town in CO in 6 weeks. My good friend who lives there said the biggest crime there is someone running a stop sign.

Last edited by dryad001; Jul 11, 2007 at 11:09 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 11:09 PM
Evolving Member

yeah ive seen plenty around there. damn sorry bout what happened. retaliation!!
Old Jul 11, 2007, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by exiledevo
retaliation!!

Im all for it, but Id rather do it the legal way. Like I said I have an idea on how to get them.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 12:22 AM

yea i know how you feel.. i used to have an eclipe. the gt. had a few mods and someone just keyed the back of it.. were the trunk is.. i thought i was going to go crazy. but you cant do anything about it.... but cry haha.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 12:27 AM
Evolving Member

I feel you on that, I've had a couple cars that were vandalized, robbed, and damaged because of pure jealously. If people think something is really nice and they know they can never have it, they will destroy what you have to make up for it. Thats all in spite of the fact that they are too ****ing lazy to get real jobs in which they would be able to afford the finer things in life. It's just plain retarded and childish. Good luck on getting your car repaired man and keep your evo in the garage.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 12:43 AM
Evolved Member

Now that I really think about it, it had to happen between the hours of 7-930pm. Since no one in their right mind would do it during the day since the maintence crew is running all over the place and they know me and never had a problem. My roommate got home around 530pm, he left around 630 or so to get a new half barrel and then he went down to the pool right after that. I left the house around 930 like every other day.

So, Im going to set up my webcam and have it take a picture every 10 sec or so throughout the day and see what I can come up with. The only problem is that when it get dark out the parking lot is very dimly lit. I might just have to wake up a little earlier and observe who rolls around that time.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 12:44 AM
Account Disabled

Sometimes I wonder if anything will happen to mine too, since I have it parked in the driveway. Not enough room in our garage for it. I live in south San Diego, so I have the feeling that something's gonna happen soon if I don't do anything about it. Suck to hear about the car. sorry dude
Old Jul 12, 2007, 05:24 AM

same thing happened to my old car when i was at a party. Its the worst.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

Damn Mike, sorry for what happened to you. You're probably right though, those guys might come back. I hope you get those bastards......
Old Jul 12, 2007, 06:03 AM
Evolving Member

i hope webcam will catch theses idiots ,i was gonna say use a camcorder or survallince system..

Quick Reply: So my car got keyed tonight.