Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

It's over... have to sell the EVO.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2007, 05:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you know how many year loan the car loan is? whats your payment every month? With that info you can kind of figure out what you would owe.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 06:25 PM
bus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sh***y situation. If you like your old man then keep paying it until you can't pay it anymore and then try to sell it. Or just sell it now and try to get most of your cash back.

On the other hand if you don't care about your pops, as far as anyone here including myself is concerned, you just got the keys to a free evo. SOLID!
Old Jul 12, 2007, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ziggity
What's up, I made this same post at Socalevo.net, I hope you guys can help me too.

Ill tell you a secret, if you are in the military they cannot take your vehicle even if you dont pay on it. My friend has a car and he doesnt have to pay on it until he gets back from iraq
Old Jul 12, 2007, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

Go to the bank and explain to situation to a loan officer. Like others have said, you'd be surprised at what a bank will do for a military member. Offer to have the loan paid via an allotment so they know it will come directly from dfas the 1st of every month. The bank would rather continue to get their money back then risk having to repo it. You could try NFCU if your a member, but they have a pretty tight debt to pay ratio, which usually only favors officers or senior enlisted. Good luck!
Old Jul 12, 2007, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

What the heck kind of post is this? Who needs the opinions of others in a personal situation like this? If you cant afford the car then sell it.Only you know your options.Maybe you needed posts or something I dont get the thread.

Last edited by ImJoey; Jul 12, 2007 at 09:52 PM.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 07:26 PM

Relax, guy. If you really want to ask me questions about my butt you can PM me I guess.

This is just a weird situation for me and I'm curious what my options are. Thanks to all of you who offered something constructive.

On keeping the evo: I would really love to, but I wasn't planning to pay the entire remaining 30-some months left on the loan. I can't afford all of that and I'm not sure what kind of financial situation I'll be in by then. I was originally planning to just hold it for my father and enjoy it while I had it, for the time being. But now it's just here in my possession.

On my dad's credit: I doubt he gives a **** about his credit because he's never coming back to the states. Not sure if I just want to ride around in the car like I stole it though..

On parting the car out: Are you guys talking about taking it back to stock or actually chopping it up? That sounds kind of shady (not ruling it out, but just saying...)
Old Jul 12, 2007, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry about the situation, but look at it this way. You got to rent a Evo with no money down, and no ties to the loan. I'd say beat the hell out of it until your sick of paying monthly, then let the bank repot it. And your never gonna get anything from the payments you made, other than getting to drive an Evo.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you better ****ing enjoy that free car. if not, strip it completely, sell of all parts you can get off of it, and make some money from the car (engine, seats, ect ect)... then let the bank repo it. They cant touch you for it... and your dad obviously could care less... lol
Old Jul 12, 2007, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Man you fools are some felons J/K
Old Jul 12, 2007, 11:59 PM
Evolving Member

I'm amazed (but not really surprised) at some of the suggestions in this thread. The most responsible thing to do is to sell the car, and attempt to get any money above what the payoff is.

If it's a 60 month loan at 9% (assuming your father has ****ty credit) the amortization schedule would show you still owe about $19,000 on the car. That would also equate to an approximately $700/mo payment. That's assuming he put no money down on the car also. If he put 2,000 down on the same car it would put you at about $664/mo and $17,700 owed. You could easily get 24-25k for a IX MR, put that extra money in your pocket, buy another EVO and have a monthly payment in the $400 range if that's what your looking to do.

Good luck,
Dan

$34500.00 $716.16 9.0000% $8469.60
Old Jul 13, 2007, 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

Sell it! if it is this confusing it cant be good.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 06:21 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear that man. Good luck with whatever you choose. Can be tough when family is involved like that. I would look into some of the suggestions others gave you. Good luck.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Get your dad to give you power of attorney and drive it as long as you can afford then sell it.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Only good advise here is Dhammans...do the right thing. Getting even with your Dad isn't going to punish him.. and nothing is free so trashing the car only hurts you and solves nothing.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Strip off all identification things VIN# so on and so forth.. and race it. What do you think they do with bikes when they steal them. strip them down sell the parts and sometimes even race them. Just kidding.

Quick Reply: It's over... have to sell the EVO.