Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

It's over... have to sell the EVO.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2007, 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w0w sorry to hear about your situation, take it to SouthCoast and see what kind of a deal they can make you.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you can afford it...

First your dad has to be willing to "sell" the car to you.

Call his bank and get the payoff. (remaining balance) to determine if its affordable.
Contact whichever bank you want to use. Don't bee too hasty, shop around for interest rates.
Once you find the bank with the best offer, fill out the app for a loan.
they will want year, make model as well as the VIN.
You will give your bank his bank's info to confirm payoff. (it's a lot easier this way).

If you're approved, they will send his bank the check and his bank will send your bank the title.
You will receive a payment book within 30 days.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by meckert
Only good advise here is Dhammans...do the right thing. Getting even with your Dad isn't going to punish him.. and nothing is free so trashing the car only hurts you and solves nothing.
I'm not actually trying to get even with my dad I'm just trying to figure out what to do with the car, and if possible make some money back from what we have both put into it.

Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it. I'll be talking with the bank this weekend.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

I'm in military too and I make so little money but somehow mitsubishi gave me loan through citi bank(6%)
Dont take it to dealership. They rip u off. I took my evo 9 gsr to see if i can change to MR. They told me I'll lose around $7k. I had only 1500miles on my car.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 09:10 AM
Account Disabled

If you go through Navy Federal, you can get 5.9 or even lower APR with a loan. They really take care of their members. I've never gotten a loan through anyone else because the rates are the best around. And to whoever said that they can't take the car if you're in the military, you're wrong. The only reason your friend isn't getting his car taken away is because he is on official orders outside the country. If he was here, then he'd be screwed.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This car has been wrecked at least twice. If it shows up on carfax, and you are honest to sellers, I wouldn't expect more than 15,000.00 for it (between 12k-15k.) Good luck.

Last edited by sonicnofadz; Jul 13, 2007 at 01:34 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Part it out and sell me the intercooler piping and stock intake. lol
Old Jul 13, 2007, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Holy s*$t... If you only have 30 payments left on the current loan, get a 60mo loan of your own. As long as you get a good interest rate, payments will be pretty cheap.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 10:38 PM
Account Disabled

And I'm telling you, Navy Federal will give you a good APR. Monthly payments will be pretty reasonable of you go with a 60 month loan. I got $29.5k for my loan, kind of a high % rate but the payments are still only $560 a month. Its a lot better than $715 it was gonna be with the dealer.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 10:49 PM

ziggity, how big your payments are and how's the payoff?
Old Jul 13, 2007, 11:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NJ Drive
If you don't care about your father's credit history, give the bank a call to let them know where they can pick it up.

Honestly, if the car isn't in your name, and your father cannot responsibly pay off the debt he owes, rid yourself of any connection to that car.
That is the most idiotic thing you can ever suggest. Why would you even suggest of him ruining his fathers credit. spoken like a true failure.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 12:07 AM
Evolving Member

Call up USAA... they WILL give you a loan ... that is the greatest bank for military folks... call them and they will take care of you... trust me
Old Jul 14, 2007, 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IfDontFITsPIT
Call up USAA... they WILL give you a loan ... that is the greatest bank for military folks... call them and they will take care of you... trust me
+1

I switched from NFCU to USAA about 4 years ago, and agree they are very good to military members. I use them for car & home ins, banking, etc... The only problem is that the OP doesn't want the Evo. He wants to make the money back that he put into the Evo by making payments for his dad, so all of us giving him banking and loan advice is no help.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 07:15 AM

being at a military installation, i wouldn't think it would be to hard to unload your car. i know up here at fe warren, in a town of 55,000 there are about 7-8 evos driving around and almost all of them are owned my military members.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ziggity
I'm not actually trying to get even with my dad I'm just trying to figure out what to do with the car, and if possible make some money back from what we have both put into it.

Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it. I'll be talking with the bank this weekend.
hate to break it to you your not going to make any money on it.

Quick Reply: It's over... have to sell the EVO.