Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

ive noticed that evo drivers....

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2007, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
most of the time when i see someone driving an evo, they get this straight face and get all serious, like im going to shoot them or something if they look lol people really need to lighten up. Whats weird is that most of those that won't look, are usually the ones that are stock and never come on here to learn a thing or two
Old Jul 16, 2007, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

Out here in jersey, a bunch of evo drivers will beep and give you the thumbs up. Then you have the young evo owners who dont even bother to look at you.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

I always gave the thumbs up with mustangs, i haven't even seen another evo yet though.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
The whole point is that they are relatively rare, and most owners are die hard enthusiasts like we are! I get excited whenever I see an evo. I even show respect for some "fakers" locally. One guy has an awesome Evo VII body kit on his lancer. I simply hate people who are too good to acknowledge you when you try to give them the thumbs up! I've even exchanged the deuce with some M3's and a Ferarri Testerosa. The worst ones seem to be the STI's, S2000's, and of course the SRT4's!

noooo srt guys are awsome in Mass! some of them are pretty bad but them big turbo guys or 12-11 sec club guys... they are friggin awesome! Between evo owners and srt owners i have yet to find a real dillweed.

Edit: the ricey srt owners need to play in traffic (i refuse to talk to them) there are ricey evo owners too.. bleh

Last edited by j14mp; Jul 16, 2007 at 06:48 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

i give the thumbs up but rarely get it back. evo's are common here, i see several different ones each day. DEF dont get a wave back from suby drivers, which are around here like stink on...well, you know (funny now that i think about it....sti....add an H and re-arrange LOL)
Old Jul 16, 2007, 07:03 PM
Former Sponsor

always exchange the deuce, the nod, the thumbs up, or the wave when passing by an evo or sti
Old Jul 16, 2007, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

I noticed the same thing in everything I have driven, mustangs/mustangs, vw/vw, vettes/vettes...except for trucks and hondas/acuras. Not against them but they seem to be the only car brands/types in competition with eachother. I even get waves from sti's.
Evolving Member

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
The "point" is also acceptable.

Ironically enough, I've probably gotten more props from people in other cars than I have from fellow Evo drivers. Sure I've had plenty of those too, but its amazing how well respected the Evo is even by drivers of Fords, Chevys, or BMW's.
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fox2boost
I always gave the thumbs up with mustangs, i haven't even seen another evo yet though.
Man your thumbs musta been tired, I cant go 5 feet without seein like 10 stangs.

The few evo owners down here in SA town just look at me funny when I give thumbs up or throw up the duces...

Guess I'm not in the "club" tho I wish I was, and soon will be!
Old Jul 16, 2007, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by JJames
Man your thumbs musta been tired, I cant go 5 feet without seein like 10 stangs.

The few evo owners down here in SA town just look at me funny when I give thumbs up or throw up the duces...

Eh, it all depends on the driver. As long as they're cool and not letting their car hold them to some pointless grudge you'll get love from drivers of STi's, Evo's, Civics, Mustangs, whatever. Just the same, you'll get jackasses that have to rev up even though they're driving the same damn car as you lol

I admit, I too have been one of those jackasses. I've had bad days where I had no interest in acknowledging an STi or whatever...but I try not to avoid that.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

socalevo.net FTW.. thats how we do-ET in socal!
Old Jul 16, 2007, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JJames

Lol I could be one of those drivers I never even look at regular lancers...lol ever. As I said before I stopped waving and giving the thumbs up at the evos I see. They never give a thumbs up back to me. Now the STi and SRT-4 boys are cool I get along with alot of em see em around UTSA and stuff. Cobra guys are pretty cool...sometimes
Old Jul 16, 2007, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

I wave at every evo... only about a 50% return on my waves though. I still have yet to give into the riced out Mirages running around. That's just too much of a stretch.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

It's A Jeep Thing, You Wouldn't Understand!

lol haha i had a Wrangler before the Evo. I use to always wave to other Wranglers, so i kinda carried it along to my Evo. I always give some kind of positive acknowledgement when i see another Evo.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

Hell where I'm at STi owners get the wave as well... Brothers and sisters in AWD

Quick Reply: ive noticed that evo drivers....