Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

ive noticed that evo drivers....

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2007, 09:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I waved at a fellow evo owner and he drop a gear on me, so i drop mine giving him the peace sign while i passed him doing a buck twenty....
Old Jul 16, 2007, 09:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AtO-MiX
Lol I could be one of those drivers I never even look at regular lancers...lol ever. As I said before I stopped waving and giving the thumbs up at the evos I see. They never give a thumbs up back to me. Now the STi and SRT-4 boys are cool I get along with alot of em see em around UTSA and stuff. Cobra guys are pretty cool...sometimes

i thought you were supposed to roll your rear windows down to for the srt-4 guys....
Old Jul 16, 2007, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

^^ and ^^^ both sound like foo's........ clearly youre cuacasain,, lol jp...............not really
Old Jul 16, 2007, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Jeep owners are the best at waving at each other.
Ever since I got mine in 99 I got on the jeep forums and they have a saying
"it's a jeep thing" and they all wave at each other.

Here in Myrtle Beach, I have only seen 2 other evos.
[bone stock] and both with out of state tags.
And all they wanted to do was race me.
they lost badly btw.. lol

I have yet to see another person wave at me nicely..
personally I could care less if they do but i do anyways and just smile.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

yea exactly... wranglers love that jeep wave... lol cool peeps man.. i almost got a new one back in 02'... then i found the boooooosssssttttttt
Old Jul 16, 2007, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's like 50/50 for me, really. Some Evo guys respond with a wave right away or even initiate it, but I've had a few just give me a hard-*** look after I waved. I really don't get it. It's like, I'm driving an Evo too, dip****. You aren't impressing anyone.

Oh, and I had an STi flash his high beams at me a few days after I got the car. Made me pretty happy.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 10:52 PM

lol
Old Jul 16, 2007, 11:04 PM
Admin Alumni

Originally Posted by DSMorBUST
^^ and ^^^ both sound like foo's........ clearly youre cuacasain,, lol jp...............not really

Old Jul 16, 2007, 11:08 PM
Evolved Member

lol imagine some of the looks i get in my 1g...... some evo owners(nOObs) are like wtf is that? one guy even thought it was a 2nd gen rx-7 haha... lil did they know, their cars are just like mine, but with 10-15years worth of technological advances... then they hear the TIAL and they know its no joke!! 4g63 powa ftw!!
Old Jul 17, 2007, 03:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DSMorBUST
lol imagine some of the looks i get in my 1g...... some evo owners(nOObs) are like wtf is that? one guy even thought it was a 2nd gen rx-7 haha... lil did they know, their cars are just like mine, but with 10-15years worth of technological advances... then they hear the TIAL and they know its no joke!! 4g63 powa ftw!!
what's funny about this is whenever I see a DSM I still turn my head and check it out. I usually don't flash them or wave though b/c I figure they will be like 'why the hell is that guy waving at me' I can't tell them while driving my Evo that I have an eclipse too if they're going the other way
Old Jul 17, 2007, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

I've gotten the wave from a few STI guys. I wave in response, but usually don't wave first to them. Happened once and the fiance was like "who was that" I told her I didn't know, it was just a car thing, and she laughed at me

I did that once with my wife in the car, except i was driving my vette, she gave me same response except now when we are driving in her XTerra she waves at all Xterra peeps and gives me that exact response, "It's a car thing"
Old Jul 17, 2007, 07:45 AM
Evolving Member

I haven't come across too many Evos in my area, but I try to wave or nod to the few I do see. I have had WRX owners also wave, and I wave back if I see them in time.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Most of the EVO owners I see are when I'm NOT in mine! I rarely see anybody when I'm in mine.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by skywestseth
I did that once with my wife in the car, except i was driving my vette, she gave me same response except now when we are driving in her XTerra she waves at all Xterra peeps and gives me that exact response, "It's a car thing"
Same boat as both you guys. The wife totally mocks me for acknowledging other EVO's. I tried to tell her, that with this car, you know you have something in common with the other driver even though you've never actually met them. That doesn't hold true for a Focus or Kia or <insert generic car name here> and I think that's the difference. There's already a bond there. She doesn't get it.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BlackOps
Same boat as both you guys. The wife totally mocks me for acknowledging other EVO's. I tried to tell her, that with this car, you know you have something in common with the other driver even though you've never actually met them. That doesn't hold true for a Focus or Kia or <insert generic car name here> and I think that's the difference. There's already a bond there. She doesn't get it.

Perhaps we should all start a group,

"My Wife Doesn't Understand My Evo Support Group for Men"

or MWDUMESGFM

Quick Reply: ive noticed that evo drivers....