Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

ive noticed that evo drivers....

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2007, 09:00 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skywestseth
Perhaps we should all start a group,

"My Wife Doesn't Understand My Evo Support Group for Men"

or MWDUMESGFM

lol!! i dont know about you guys but my girlfriend gets more excited than i do saying hi to other evos. she TELLS me to say hi
Old Jul 17, 2007, 09:34 AM

most of the evo guys are cool around here, never had an sti wave, and the only thing the mustang guys do is spin their tires. i guess that's supposed to intimidate me. lol.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Relatively for my small town i there are quite a few Evos running around here. I always throw a duece when i see them some throw them back and some don't. I think what the non responders are the young ones. The older you get i guess the more of an enthusiast you become ( not to say there aren't young and nice enthusiasts). The older guys always seem to responded with a granted amount of respect for the vehicle and the hard work put into it, but like i said unfortunatly the younger guys are always kinda standoffish, but those are also the Evos that you see a couple months later in a dealership because some kid sold it. Fine by me, i will stick with the true enthusiasts and chuck a duece when i see fellow tuners and riders.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by afwilkin
most of the evo guys are cool around here, never had an sti wave, and the only thing the mustang guys do is spin their tires. i guess that's supposed to intimidate me. lol.

When in you head your saying

"Tsk. Tsk. Poor guys have traction issues, *tear*, so sad."
Old Jul 17, 2007, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I never saw an evo on the street where I'm from except for the 2nd day I had mine I saw another silver one like it. Havent seen another one since.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 09:18 PM
R9

Actually keep in mind that some evo owners dont wave back because they're not enthusiasts. they dont even now they're driving an awesome car,they just have it because they got a lot of $$$ and thought it looked nice. Iknow a couple of persons like that
Old Jul 17, 2007, 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

what for? its just a mitsu, not a lambo. i wont do that in my altima, why the evo. i dont do hand signals and other evo owners around me tend to look straight.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

Usually I'll get more waves from subies (especially wrx's) around here. If I see an evo its usually one of the dcevo guys so they'll always salute one way or another...
Old Jul 17, 2007, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was just thinkin this today when i spotted a black EVO on the southern state pkwy. Matter of fact THE ONLY guys that DONT try to run me are the guys with EVO's hah! go figure, i guess we all know what we got and thats cool as hell.
Old Jul 17, 2007, 11:40 PM
bus

I don't chuck the deuce, by I give them the 4 finger lift off the top of the steering wheel. I'm guessing that counts.

Oh and I give the 1 finger lift to STi drivers in the area, just to let them know... YES! I love you too. =
Old Jul 18, 2007, 01:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SoundBoy4
I'll second that. I've definitely gotten a few nods from STis on the road too, i see them as little as i see EVOs around raleigh... which is pretty much never.
i know alot of the guys where i live who own both stis and evos, i always get the deuce it should be a man law, and congress should pass it
Old Jul 18, 2007, 01:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by afwilkin
im sursprised there are any evo/sti owners period in wyoming, seems like the mustang type of state to me, considering...livestock outnumbers people there
Old Jul 18, 2007, 01:58 AM
Evolved Member

I hardly ever see any evo's around here as well and only have passed a handful in the time I've owned it.
BUT, at the shootout last year, I remember trading waves with just about EVERY evo and DSM I passed on the way to, and from Buschurs shop. You guys are awesome.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 02:01 AM
Evolving Member

an older cat in vegas tipped his hat, he was wearing a WRC hat and driving an STI
but sometime i get those lil kids on the freeway who rev their engine as if i'm goin to respond.....most evo drivers say whats up.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

i got a wave from a white STi yesterday that by the time it registered for me he had already passed me going the opposite direction.

He's probably posting in some subbie forum about how EVO guys are non-wave returning chumps.

Quick Reply: ive noticed that evo drivers....