Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

so happy gotta share it.!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2007, 12:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so happy gotta share it.!

So.. About 4 days ago i'm getting on the interstate doing a 1-2-3 pull and in 3rd gear my car suddenly falls on its face. I'm like wtf am i just getting use to the power again or what..

So I do another pull.. and holy crap i hear a clanking sound. Sounded like knock did in my MSP. I haven't ever herd knock in my evo, registers on the knock sensor but not in my ears.

Do another pull at 10psi and damn.. nothing wtf?

anyways.. I get home and peek under my car to see fluid dripping down. I think oh ****. anyways look under the car.. and 3/4 bolts are missing off the transfercase housing where the driveshaft comes into it. I think wow. I'm sure thats a problem.

Go to the dealer to get them and low and behold you can't get those bolts without ordering the whole tansfercase. So i think well the shop the built my car lost them.. and didn't put them back in because they couldn't get replacements or were too lazy. Cool deal.. but what gives for the loss of power..

anyways. I get to looking around in my engine bay after working 48hours in the past 3 days. Take my intake off check my turbo.. check all pipes.. then i look at the FPR and wow.. the vac line is off it.. holy****. I can't belive my car didn't pop.

23psi with no line on the FPR.

Anyways... Connect the line intake and everything all back and off for a testdrive.. its about 60deg here right now.. I pull out of my subdivision and smack it car walks sideways in 1st..yes... pulls just as hard in 2nd.. 3rd...

wow i'm so happy it was something that simple and didn't damage my motor.

Cass
Old Jul 23, 2007, 12:09 AM
Evolving Member

I hear a clanking sound on my car when I make a sharp turn, i don't know if its the way the clutch is, my springs or a problem with the xfer case. Did it sound like you were going up a roller coaster rail? It's never caused me a problem though and never makes that sound while crusing
Old Jul 23, 2007, 01:50 AM
Evolved Member

What about the missing bolts? Are you driving around without them on?
Old Jul 23, 2007, 02:40 AM

Im amazed too that nothing happened with multiple hard pulls without proper fuel. You got lucky.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Chemwarrior
What about the missing bolts? Are you driving around without them on?
I'm pretty sure i've been driving on them for 5k miles. Good thing i don't launch the car

.. Yeah if block had been stock it would've poped no doubt
Old Jul 23, 2007, 07:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
umm you cant get new bolts without ordering the whole transfer case??? hahahahah ya that makes a lot of sense.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 10:37 AM

why not just go to a hardware store and find a bolt that matches with the same heat torque rating and instead of waiting on the dealer
Old Jul 23, 2007, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

well.. if they released the specs to you that would be ideal right? They don't!

they show the bolts on the diagram but you cannot order them. Shep hooked it up though. so it doesn't matter.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

What setup are you running again? I remember your post about you popping you engine a while back on 502underground. Glad to see you got it all back up and running.

OFF TOPIC!!!!

You and your other EVO buddies need to come to Louisville for the EVO, STI, and SRT meet that we're gonna have soon. We just need to get a date. Once we do, I'll let you know or you can look on 502streetscene if your on there in teh Social forum.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Zip ties on all your vac. lines will lessen your chances of situations occuring like that again.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Corey
What setup are you running again? I remember your post about you popping you engine a while back on 502underground. Glad to see you got it all back up and running.

OFF TOPIC!!!!

You and your other EVO buddies need to come to Louisville for the EVO, STI, and SRT meet that we're gonna have soon. We just need to get a date. Once we do, I'll let you know or you can look on 502streetscene if your on there in teh Social forum.
sup dude!

you got another evo!!!!!!!!!!!! My boy daniel bought your car man. I turned him onto it.. and got your number from martin.

When you get a date man.. just hit up Daniel neither of us read 502
Old Jul 24, 2007, 01:51 AM
Evolved Member

Thats cool. Yeah....finding out I have my 2nd kid on the way, I started to regret selling my EVO. The Cobra just wasn't practical enough. I REALLY hated seeing Daniel drive my car away.....seriously.

Once I figure a date, I'll hit him up and let you guys now. I'm actually gonna post it on Lexistreets in the next day or so so look for it on there if you want.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

man my evo died yesterday... its good and dead too. I think it crankwalked. The other evo the engine builder built in lex crankwalked and acted the same.. boy o boy.. does this suck..
Old Jul 25, 2007, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Errrr . . . not good.

This man needs a tougher motor!

Hello? Cosworth? How fast can you ship?
Old Jul 25, 2007, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

oh snap!
sorry to hear that man....

btw, did u say u had an MSP??