Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

ATTN:Those who sold there evo!miss it?dont miss it?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2007, 12:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATTN:Those who sold there evo!miss it?dont miss it?

Ok well im in the market to get another car and get out of my Evo 8.It is a 2005 Evo.

It has plenty of money put into it and I love the car.AMS GT35R,cams,AEM EMS,Injectors,etc.Car puts down 418awhp on straight pump gas 22psi.stock block,head,intake manifold,ignition,tb,etc etc...

I love every aspect of the car.But now I believe it is time to move on.The Evo draws way to much attention(people who want to race,cops,etc.)I get nervous and sometimes take random turns if a cop pulls behind me(my car is all legal,BUT cops give loud exhaust tickets all the time)

So im in the market for a 2007 or 2008 BMW 335i coupe.I have a couple preferences on color,interior etc,and BMW honolulu was gonna give it to me for MSRP.

so my question is to those who have sold there Evo and moved onto whatever you have now,Do you miss it?What did you get instead?

The evo is a great car,and is even more fun with 400+DD awhp.But its a pain to have the car warm up,run well one day,run ok the next.5speed in the horrible hawaii traffic.

Im still young to at 23yrs old.I have had the car since May 2005.I think a more "chill,non-cop magnet car" would be better for me. and my plans with the BMW would be just window tint and nice wide HRE,Iforge wheels.Even though it has twin turbo and vishnu capable tunes etc i wouldnt touch that.

So just want to know if you guys miss/regret selling the evo...I want the BMW and have a more chill/cruise car.let me know thanks..

As of right now Evo is for sale.

TIA
Old Aug 1, 2007, 12:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Look at what happen to a 335I in SoCal.

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...&topic=46311.0

It is a nice car and if you want it then make sure the dealership you buy it from has great customer service. Just my .02
Old Aug 1, 2007, 01:43 AM

later production date 335i's have a far less chance of having the same issues as the initial production line. This scenario is not exclusive to BMWs...

7.5K no issues whatsoever
Old Aug 1, 2007, 06:41 AM

I sold my Evo a little over a year ago and got a 2006 G35 coupe. They are completely different cars... while I occasionally missing the acceleration of the Evo, if you are not tracking the car, it just begs you to get in trouble... or hurt.

The G35 is a "luxury" sports car... emphasis on luxury... less performance, but still a fun car. If you get the BMW you will miss certain aspects of owning the Evo... but you will also get rid of all of the negative aspects of owning an Evo.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 06:53 AM

I miss my Evo when I am at work.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Well the BMW here has great service,i was actuall very pleased with them.

I dont track the evo.i live in the worst state....hawaii..we have no 1/4 track,no 1/8,we have a autox track but its rather pathetic.and i dont do autox anyways.and theres talk of a temporary 1/8 mile track before they build a 1/4 mile but like i mentioned i live in the worst state and i doubt its gonna happen.the only track we have is big island and maui.which they have a ferry that will take you to maui but cost like $400 i think..

i think the BMW is more practical....no track,and cop magnet.i do late night freeway runs etc,but that gets very old after a while.

i think the BMW is the way to go..I will be getting out of my Evo once it sells...then deploy to iraq again and come back and either just buy a BMW or drop a big down payment.

keep your comments coming,thanks
Old Aug 1, 2007, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

Coupe?

I think if I lived in Hi, I'd have to have a convertible.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

+1000
Originally Posted by Joehunk
Old Aug 1, 2007, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Joehunk
+1
^ hell yes, wanna get a sticker on my work truck (my other car is a evo)
Old Aug 1, 2007, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Sold mine to get an s4 avant and so that I can jump on someone who trades there 9rs or 9mr in for a ten, I didnt want to lose all that value on my 03 and i dont want a 10 and I love my 2001 imola yellow s4 but jesus do i miss my evo.

You know how your in a foriegn country and all the sudden you feel more american and you no problem letting people know it, Well thats how it is for me I wear my evom shirts 24/7 now! ha ha
Old Aug 1, 2007, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tsi2evo
+1
^ hell yes, wanna get a sticker on my work truck (my other car is a evo)
I believe nolimit sells those!
Old Aug 1, 2007, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Gimmy your 35R kit if you do sell
Old Aug 2, 2007, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by lv05evo
Look at what happen to a 335I in SoCal.

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...&topic=46311.0

It is a nice car and if you want it then make sure the dealership you buy it from has great customer service. Just my .02
Interesting. I hope you can back up with more comments because I have some explain to do. This must be an isolated case because from April 2007 all the BMW 335i /535I were fitted with version II fuel pumps.

While I wouldn't deny that the fuel pump on the BMW 335i/535i has been a manufacturers (Siemens) flaw they did work it out and drastically/significantly improved it from April and on.

And just speaking of cars and fuel pumps failures, guess what, my VW Jetta GLI(turbo) was at the dealer for excatly 27 days waiting for a fuel pump regulator. All Mark V VW GTI/GLI world wide are having the same issue and they are back order for weeks as well. My car had 2200 miles before that happend but we only had the car for one month.

Botton line, things like that can happen to any car.

Carlos
Old Aug 2, 2007, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GT35REVO,

I support you all the way. If you decided that you are dumping the Evo for your own reasons then I suggest the 335i. You already drove one right?

Go for the Steptronic, it is a true winner. The Steptronic is vastly more consistent and generally quicker on the launch than the 6 speed.

The Steptronic is pulling very good 60' times for every single owner no matter if the owner is a roockie or a pro while on the 6 speed only people that can launch cars can get the 6 speed out of the whole without spinning.

I have done a personal database which I haven't release into any forum which I am comparing all the times of the manuals vs the steps and again the step are pulling 95% of the times better times and more consistent than the 6 speed.

That was just my opinion but I am sure someone might disagree with me. Go and drive both though.

Carlos
Old Aug 2, 2007, 11:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
GT35REVO,

I support you all the way. If you decided that you are dumping the Evo for your own reasons then I suggest the 335i. You already drove one right?

Go for the Steptronic, it is a true winner. The Steptronic is vastly more consistent and generally quicker on the launch than the 6 speed.

The Steptronic is pulling very good 60' times for every single owner no matter if the owner is a roockie or a pro while on the 6 speed only people that can launch cars can get the 6 speed out of the whole without spinning.

I have done a personal database which I haven't release into any forum which I am comparing all the times of the manuals vs the steps and again the step are pulling 95% of the times better times and more consistent than the 6 speed.

That was just my opinion but I am sure someone might disagree with me. Go and drive both though.

Carlos
thanks again carlos,you have PM by the way.

yes i drove the steptronic with paddle shifters..car is very fast.i was pretty happy with the 300hp,performed a lot better.i know for a fact this car will spank a evo on the freeway,not sure about 1/4 being awd.but that doesnt matter as i dont care about having 400-500whp anymore.i just want a nice car to cruise and relax.no cop magnet,getting looks,revs,etc..i have no track and i know hawaiis lazy horrible state *** will never build one.

i am getting the 2dr 335i sport package loaded with steptronic.i have made up my mind.even though they are different cars.the bmw blows the evo out the water as far as stock power,looks,interior,options etc..

im gonna try and sell my evo before deployment then save while in iraq and come back and drop a huge down payment or just buy the bmw on the spot.

Quick Reply: ATTN:Those who sold there evo!miss it?dont miss it?