Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Greddy Ti-C Exhaust Silencer Question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2007, 06:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greddy Ti-C Exhaust Silencer Question

I just put the Greddy TI-C on my EVO IX last night and had a question for you guys. Did your exhaust come with a silencer? I removed the three allen keys and nuts around the tip but it appeared that the "silencer" was welded onto the muffler? If that is the silencer how do I remove it?

I tried searching this forum as well as others....

Thanks guys
Old Aug 6, 2007, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mick82907
I just put the Greddy TI-C on my EVO IX last night and had a question for you guys. Did your exhaust come with a silencer? I removed the three allen keys and nuts around the tip but it appeared that the "silencer" was welded onto the muffler? If that is the silencer how do I remove it?

I tried searching this forum as well as others....

Thanks guys
Hey I got the same exhaust. No it shouldn't be welded. You gotta remove the 3 allen key bolts holding the tip in place. One u've done that, remove the tip, and then you should be able to yank the silencer out! IT IS NOT WELDED. Then put the tip back on and enjoy the thunder...

-dave
Old Aug 6, 2007, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Wallesasuaz
Hey I got the same exhaust. No it shouldn't be welded. You gotta remove the 3 allen key bolts holding the tip in place. One u've done that, remove the tip, and then you should be able to yank the silencer out! IT IS NOT WELDED. Then put the tip back on and enjoy the thunder...

-dave

Thanks

What did you use to remove the silencer. I might have been confused on how wide in diameter the silencer is. Is the silencer the 2" tube in the center?
Old Aug 6, 2007, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

I used my fingers after i got the tip off. Just yank that sucker off. Mine was still brand new out of the box, so maybe if u've had it on the car for a minute, it might give you a little trouble. Use a rag or something and get a good grip and yank it out!

Not sure what the diamiter is of the tubing on the silencer...
Old Aug 6, 2007, 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

use a plier to pull it out.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

The allen screws and the nuts just hold the tip onto the muffler right? Anyone have a picture of what the silencer looks like? I think I might try a coat hanger on my lunch break...
Old Aug 6, 2007, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Old Aug 6, 2007, 08:28 AM

Ya that thing is a tight fit... I was putting the slienecer on but it would not go in without my rubber mallet but even then it was only 1/4 ways in. Just for kicks I rev the car and the exhaust sounded like crap with the silencer on so I yank it it out again. If you find your TIC too loud don't use an open element intake. A drop in will greatly reduce how loud that exhaust is and especially at 65 to 70 MPH where she drones like crazy. Much more tollerable with a drop in airfilter as opposed to a cone open type filter. Plus no power loss
Old Aug 6, 2007, 08:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Wallesasuaz
Great... Now I know what I am dealing with. Thanks for everyones help.. I will see if I can get it off either during lunch or after work..