Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

So I just bought an eBay Exhaust...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2007, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let us know how it is holding up after a few years of driving. See what kind of durability you can get for $300.
Will do, but with the quality of the steel, welds, and flanges, I have no reason to suspect reliability issues. The lack of anyone else reporting a problem with this exhaust, ditto. OTOH a guy I met at an Austin Evo meet recently blew a weld on a very-name-brand intake manifold running only 20 psi. Ya pays your $$$ and ya takes your chances.

Also the other installed pic (other than mine) shows the silencer installed. The exhaust IMHO is very mellow without it, and the silencer severely reduces power. My 2 year old fell asleep in the back of my car going back from Dallas with the silencer off the car.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
i'm speechless....
I was just joking I didn't get the eBay exhaust system.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BBS
Grats on the ebay exhaust. I'll wait for your post in a year when your flange welds break on you and you shell another 300 on another ebay exhaust.
wow, that's really cool. you're basically wishing the guy to break his exhaust just so you can say "i told you so"

that is definitely FTL.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

My brother got a $700 AMS exhaust (with 10K miles on it) and it almost looks exactly like this one. I guess you can't argue with 3" is 3". I am definitely thinking of ordering one of these badboys.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i know 3 people running this exhaust on IX's....
the only problem they run into is the braces near the downpipe, you need to add washers to the bolts so it clears them. no big deal though. id rather do that then pay 700 more for a name brand
Old Aug 7, 2007, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
the only problem they run into is the braces near the downpipe, you need to add washers to the bolts so it clears them. no big deal though. id rather do that then pay 700 more for a name brand
The 3" Megan V2 downpipe solves this problem for about $150. No fitment issues at all.

Here's a pic:
Old Aug 7, 2007, 03:35 PM

your egay exhaust sucks, I for one would rather spend 3 times as much on brand name exhausts and perfect 3.00" pipes because I need all of the extra 0.1 hp I can get racing to the mall.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 03:35 PM

My brother got a $700 AMS exhaust (with 10K miles on it) and it almost looks exactly like this one. I guess you can't argue with 3" is 3". I am definitely thinking of ordering one of these badboys.
Yeah when it comes to pipe, really you're not looking for R&D, you're looking for good steel, good welds, and good (and few) bends. And the Ebay unit definitely has that. The rocket science comes in when you start talking about resonators, hi-flow cats, and mufflers. The Ebay unit has no resonators or cat, so that leaves the muffler. I have no complaints myself. It is certainly louder than the stock unit (but that is probably largely due to the aforementioned absence of a cat and resonators), and has a resonance at certain RPMs. There are certainly quieter mufflers out there. But this one is a good balance of not-obnoxiously-loud and not restrictive either.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
Actually buschur includes these washers with there exhaust. They had the same problem too.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

I got off work late today,or mine would have been ordered already.. ..Justin
Old Aug 7, 2007, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

My experience with ebay exhausts on my old WRX where negative. After spending lots of time in labor mig welding to get the stuff to fit correctly I blew out the titanium tip installed on the carbon fiber can. Yeah, the thing was light and cheap but it fell apart within 6 months. Nobody wants to overpay for stuff but the old saying that you get what you pay for holds true, especially for cars. Good luck with your purchase I hope things work out better than they did for me.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
even if the exhaust would have any problems with flange welds not hold up....its very easy to get someone to re-weld it and fix it. its very cheap too....

its just metal piping...not rocket science

Last edited by EvoJoeIX; Aug 7, 2007 at 07:15 PM.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

just stop flaming and let ebay be happy with their stuff and let other people happy with their product.
But dont say all ebay stuff is junk. Just try for urself. If u dont like it, sell it back.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

I'm looking at this egay exhaust too but I was wondering what a 4.5 inch tip looks like. am I going to get made fun of for having a jet powered evo?
Old Aug 7, 2007, 08:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pipe is pipe. I like a quite exhaust, Greddy evo2 has nice tone w/4.5" tip. Whatever flows your gases works well.

Quick Reply: So I just bought an eBay Exhaust...