Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

So I just bought an eBay Exhaust...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2007, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I just bought an eBay Exhaust...

...Hey guys, I just bought an eBay exhaust for my $30,000 car. Pretty sweet huh. I got a sweet deal on it too. He wanted $288 shipped, so I offered $225, he declined with a counter-offer of $275. I was insulted with this $13 price drop & gave him my final offer 'Who wants to be a Millionaire' style, of $260 shipped. He took the bait and I paid.

Oh wow, I cant wait to see how this pocket change exhaust performs on this $30,000 car. I can probably already tell you, its going to perform within 2whp of your $800-1100 setup.

Going to the dyno in STL next month once its all done. Anyone have an o2 fouler? Ill need a couple of'm.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

Which one did you order?I AM looking at 2 of the right now..I may order it tonight..Just curious..thanks..Justin
Old Aug 6, 2007, 03:59 PM

Honestly I bought a SRS off of ebay for my car and its just as good as the other higher priced ones and the quality is 98% of the others. It's all polished w/ no cat just like the other for $$400+. I got it for 252.00 shipped. The only downfall is that some of the systems are just a bit off but, if your muffler shop is any good then it should not be a problem! Good Luck!!
Old Aug 6, 2007, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

my buddy got one for his Evo IX and he loves it but It didnt fit with out a blow torch and a hammer Other than that its great he said
Old Aug 6, 2007, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SLOWRREX
Which one did you order?I AM looking at 2 of the right now..I may order it tonight..Just curious..thanks..Justin

I offered $210 on this, + $50 shipping = $260.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lance...spagenameZWDVW
Old Aug 6, 2007, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

OK...Is it just a cat-back or what? I'm confused on what kind of system you ordered.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 04:14 PM
Account Disabled

I'm sure it won't perform within 2 whp of the top exhausts on the market.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

What you see in the picture is what you get. 3" downpipe, test pipe, and cat-back. It is a complete turbo-back exhaust.

Last edited by CrackerJackToy; Aug 6, 2007 at 04:20 PM.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would never go cheap on my car!! if u paid 30,000 u mind as well go with a known brand!! especialy ebay out of all places. only thing that is good for is the o2 housing!
Old Aug 6, 2007, 04:20 PM

Talk about bunk for the bukk!!!
Old Aug 6, 2007, 04:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sky Evo X
I'm sure it won't perform within 2 whp of the top exhausts on the market.

what makes you say that?

Does the etching GReddy or HKS add more HP?

What can be so different from one 3 inch pipe to another 3 inch pipe if they are both of the same materials?
Old Aug 6, 2007, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Really it depends on a few factors.

1. Resonator

2. Cat or Test pipe

3. High flow muffler

4. Bends

Less bends is more power. The straigher the exhaust, the easier it is for the air to flow freely through it. Problem with Apexi and I believe the GReddy, they kneck down at the resonator to a smaller diameter pipe, which acts as a restriction. The eBay doesnt have these restrictions, because its a true 3". The muffler even passed the beer can test, which you can find by searching. The bends are minimal. When I was looking to buy an exhaust, I looked at a lot, and only found to my liking the ebay, AMS and buschur, for how straight they were, true 3" mufflers and no resonators/cat to deal with. With the AMS/buschur being 3 times the amount of the ebay, I could not justify at all spending that sort of money for such a small hp gain...if any. The ebay does have a couple very minimal extra bends over the ams/buschur, but again, not enough to justify the extra money.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

sorry but many people got brainwashed by brand name retails. EX. philips $50 dvd player will outperform $100+ sony dvd players. Check on avsforum(major electronic forum)
ebay exhaust, helix, greddy.. I think they all are almost same product. Ones more expensive than other due to their "company name"
Other hand I think buscher is different. Dont have buscher and not fanboy. But they do have totally different design than other exhaust and also performs better than other(but not too much)
There are lots of people running this exhaust.
Downpipe didnt fit on my 9(ACD) so i basically paid $260 shipped for catback. Could've bought other exhaust but oh well 3 inch is 3 inch.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joon82
sorry but many people got brainwashed by brand name retails. EX. philips $50 dvd player will outperform $100+ sony dvd players. Check on avsforum(major electronic forum)
ebay exhaust, helix, greddy.. I think they all are almost same product. Ones more expensive than other due to their "company name"
Other hand I think buscher is different. Dont have buscher and not fanboy. But they do have totally different design than other exhaust and also performs better than other(but not too much)
There are lots of people running this exhaust.
Downpipe didnt fit on my 9(ACD) so i basically paid $260 shipped for catback. Could've bought other exhaust but oh well 3 inch is 3 inch.
I dont have ACD, so this will work great for me.

Also, I will disagree with your Phillips vs higher end brand DVD players. I work in electronics & have personally tested off brand **** like Phillips (cheap craftsmanship however you want to look at it) and always see them fail against the Sony. I actually tested 3 different up-converting dvd players 6 months ago on a 32" LCD. Using a monster HDMI cable, I connected a JSI, a toshiba, and a sony. The JSI was certainly better than your standard 480i or 480p, however you have it hooked up programming, but colors were somewhat faded. I then connected the Toshiba, and instantly saw less 'fuzz' and the colors were greatly increased. Afterwards, I replaced it with the Sony, and boy was it a change. Colors were dead on and 100% accurate. No fuzz, problems what-so-ever, but the colors were just so vibrant, and out-performing of the other 2 test situations. Well worth the $129 price tag, compared to the Toshibas $99 and JSI's $79. I even demonstrated this test to other co-workers & customers to prove spending a little extra, certainly got you a little extra. But TV equipment is just a little bit different over what we are talking about here in this thread. I would have never considered the ebay if it had not proven itself through the several dyno proven threads I have read throughout the past few weeks.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

You took the words out of my mouth ^ +1

Quick Reply: So I just bought an eBay Exhaust...