Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

This should make all of you pretty mad...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2009, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by smithrcing17
this is kinda the same situation im in, the guy before me got his hands on an evo and completely ****ed everything up.. the original owner had put all name brand parts on and made it a real nice car but as the guy before me got it this is a list of the **** he has done:

-cut random slits all through the carpet, i have no idea why?
-took out ash tray, fuse box tray, seat belt covers
-the wiring? lets just say he decided to strip the wire and wrap another piece around it and call it a day
-put the exhaust on and welded another resonator into the catback because he thought it was too loud but he forgot that since its bigger than 3 inch pipe it would rub on the drive shaft.. but ohh wait he figured it went around enough time its would wear down enough to wear it wouldnt hit anymore... needless to say, it wore through the resonator, about a half inch of metal]
-thought he should rip the air conditioning out because he put a bigger turbo in, which turns out to be the stock one, so he lied about that.... oh and the supposid perrin front mount it had? ebay intercooler
-ohh and "its mechanically sound" rod bearings just went out..
-has random wiring running all through the harnesses, prolly needs completely new wiring harness
-said the tires were brand new, guess he forgot to menntion the HUGE slits from dry rot
-front bumper held on with zip ties... hell i mean why waste a expensive bolt?
-ran the windshield wiper to the headlights... always is nice to have the windshield wipers going with your headlights....=[
-decided the rear o2 bung wasnt needed anymore so he cut it off and just let it sit in there and rust itself into the catback so that it snapped in half while trying to get it out
-front control arm bushing shaddered to pieces after 3 weeks of owning the car
-and the "almost perfect outside" carbon fiber spoiler is oxidized to hell=[
-and the best of all, got random carbon fiber fenders for a silver car... gotta love it
-and last but not least he thought that it would be cool to take out windshield wiper sprayer cause you know that adds like 305awhp from all the weight reduction.... ohh wait i forgot more,,, lhe thought hed hook up gauges to have it light up and be cool, but he never hooked them up actually, and better yet used drywall screws into the roof interior to hold gauge pod up there... even though it has two holes to mount it to your collum.

if i ever meet the monster again who did this ill beet the **** out of him

Why would you buy a car so horrid. Sounds like it was a peace of **** from jump street yet you bought it?
Old Nov 12, 2009, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man, I don't blame you at all. The kid sounds like he has 0 responsibility in his life. Sounds like he doesn't take care of anything! How could the military accept such a fool? How could he deal with the military to begin with? I'm suprised he hasn't gotten his **** reamed out by his TI's and upper military personnel yet. If I were in your shoes I would be thinking the EXACT same way you are. You are taking this alot better than I would be. I don't think he deserves to own anything before he starts appriciating what he has. Good luck and +++++ on your relatively calm attitude in all this.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 01:56 PM

if he wanted to get rid of it so bad give it to me. im looking for an evo as my weekend car
Old Nov 12, 2009, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
Why would you buy a car so horrid. Sounds like it was a peace of **** from jump street yet you bought it?

if you knew what i bought the car for you wouldnt be complaining
Old Nov 12, 2009, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
if you knew what i bought the car for you wouldnt be complaining
Well why dont you share how much you got it for?
Old Nov 12, 2009, 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

12grand
Old Nov 12, 2009, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
12grand
I got mine for 10.5K. Clean title. Clean car.

There was also a kid that got a 04 RS for 8.5K. Clean title, clean car, just had an alternator issue.

Case in point, dont buy a car in the condition of the yours, unless you get it for less then 8K.

Last edited by Evo_Jay; Nov 12, 2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Me personally, I wouldn't have bought it for 8k. Too much work, not to mention time. "Time" is something you can never get back, unlike money and resources.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AznEvoIX
Me personally, I wouldn't have bought it for 8k. Too much work, not to mention time. "Time" is something you can never get back, unlike money and resources.

thats why you have a shop do it and it only is costing 800. its jusst a bunch of stupid little ****
Old Nov 19, 2009, 05:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats why you have a shop do it and it only is costing 800. its jusst a bunch of stupid little ****
In your previous post, you said rod bearings went out. Now you say you can fix everything for $800. Rod bearings are stupid little ****????
Old Nov 19, 2009, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

Old Nov 19, 2009, 09:36 AM
Evolving Member

You bought that car for 12 grand? Your INSANE!!! Things got thousands of dollars worth of damage. Its going to cost $$$$$$$$ to get that car back to a decent looking car. Good luck. I think your got the short end of the stick there.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

12grand
Never buy an EVO from a kid who doesn't know what they are doing...sounds like he beat the **** out of it...how's the engine check out? I've had bad deals before too...I guess everyone gets their turn! I guess you know what your weekend plans are for the next while?
Old Nov 19, 2009, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by coryl
Never buy an EVO from a kid who doesn't know what they are doing...sounds like he beat the **** out of it...how's the engine check out? I've had bad deals before too...I guess everyone gets their turn! I guess you know what your weekend plans are for the next while?
He sounds like a pathological liar. Literally.

I doubt not even 1/2 his story is true.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Solo II Evo
He sounds like a pathological liar. Literally.

I doubt not even 1/2 his story is true.
No one could come up with a story like that? Pics?

Quick Reply: This should make all of you pretty mad...