Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

gsr, rs ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2007, 01:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
offfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Old Aug 8, 2007, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by tolga900
ın japenes ın the left sıght of the console or hımm very near to hood open pace a turnıng swıtch they use ın the nıght drıvıng you can get the lıghts brıghtness low for your eyes dıd you understand all models bmw ,mercedes use thıs sıstem ıts very cheap but ın gsr they dont put ıt okey always lıghts brıghtness ıs the same you never change ıt.
Wow, your on a roll
Old Aug 8, 2007, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd think they are much like other manufacturers and use the standard acronyms ...

Rally Sport
Grand Sport
Grand Touring

So, I'd think Grand Sport Rally for the GSR. My first thought of GTA was Grand Touring Automatic ... this makes sense because I believe there is a GT model in Japan. The "A" would designate the difference in the gearbox.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MRadjahoe
GTA is the Automatic transmission evo.( Dont think its available in the US)
neither is the GSR, but most people call the standard evo it. even though its not really a GSR
Old Aug 8, 2007, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo IX MR
I highly disagree with the RS being the most race "ready." It weighs only 60lbs less than the regular IX and 80lbs less than the MR. The MR is definitely the best handling and in other words best performing Evo sold in the US. Now if they would have sold an MR-RS model like they do in Japan it would be another story. The RS has no wing in America for some cheap *** reason and the only thing they gave it was a trunk bar and the aluminum roof. The RS still has what is basically Evo VIII GSR suspension and is not offered with a 6-spd option (like it is in Japan). I could go on and on about how the only model in America that is EVEN CLOSE to a real JDM Evo IX GSR is the MR in America. In case you didn't know all of your regular IX's that you guys claim are so much better than the MR were suppose to come with the Bilsteins from the VIII MR, the aluminum roof, and the 6-spd (since VIII GSR in Japan) but you got jacked. Basically you guys have an Evo VIII with different front bumper/interior/wheels, Mivec, and a shorter 5th gear. All Japanese Evo IX GSR's have the aluminum roof, Bilsteins, and 6-spd (except MR-RS 5-spd version). Its amazing to me how all of these people are so stupid that they argue with fact. The MR is better than your IX, your SE, and the RS. If you prefer one of the other models I completely understand. I myself wanted an RS. If I would have bought (and I would have if they had one at the dealer) an RS I would have been extremely pissed off when I found out that I only have half of the stuff that actually makes it a Evo IX.

Last edited by Robevo RS; Aug 8, 2007 at 02:48 PM.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Not sure if the 'RS' and 'GSR' are acronyms but more or less a way to distinguish the model type. I could care less if those were acronyms. It's like trying to ask someone what the 'EX', 'HX', 'VX', 'LX', or 'DX' stands for on the Civics. Does anybody really know? Food for thought.

And if you really want to find out, try using this website: http://www.acronymfinder.com/
Old Aug 9, 2007, 09:10 AM
awr
Evolving Member

f yeah rally special
Old Aug 9, 2007, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TouringBubble
I'd think they are much like other manufacturers and use the standard acronyms ...

Rally Sport
Grand Sport
Grand Touring

So, I'd think Grand Sport Rally for the GSR. My first thought of GTA was Grand Touring Automatic ... this makes sense because I believe there is a GT model in Japan. The "A" would designate the difference in the gearbox.
This makes the most sense.

Also like Jake97 stated, we dont have a GSR in the states. Its just an Evo.....
And, someone earlier in this thread said that the MR is the best Evo in the states..... <--- Thats all I have to say about that.....
Old Aug 9, 2007, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

RS is Rally SPort
GSR is Grand Sport Racing
GTA i think is Gran Turismo Americano... which would make no sense.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 10:06 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if they don't stand for anything. They may simply be model designations...who knows???
Old Aug 9, 2007, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

imo just codes for the trim levels.....
like z28 is code for chevy
look at a camaro options z28 show up as a dealer code
Old Aug 9, 2007, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

There is no such thing as a USDM "GSR" Evo. I honestly don't know why people keep calling it a "GSR".
Old Aug 9, 2007, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
yes you right, but some guys so educated here about the evo....
they even say the MR is the track version, instead the RS..
here are the trims:

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/j...en-us#trimsTab

Last edited by Robevo RS; Aug 9, 2007 at 12:56 PM.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo IX MR
I highly disagree with the RS being the most race "ready." It weighs only 60lbs less than the regular IX and 80lbs less than the MR. The MR is definitely the best handling and in other words best performing Evo sold in the US. Now if they would have sold an MR-RS model like they do in Japan it would be another story. The RS has no wing in America for some cheap *** reason and the only thing they gave it was a trunk bar and the aluminum roof. The RS still has what is basically Evo VIII GSR suspension and is not offered with a 6-spd option (like it is in Japan). I could go on and on about how the only model in America that is EVEN CLOSE to a real JDM Evo IX GSR is the MR in America.
If you're actually racing the car, you aren't doing it on the stock suspension. Also, the 5 speed tends to take abuse much better than the six speed. The RS also has no power locks, windows, less carpet, etc. etc, all things that will save you time and/or weight in a racecar. Disagree all you like, but you're wrong.

In case you didn't know all of your regular IX's that you guys claim are so much better than the MR were suppose to come with the Bilsteins from the VIII MR, the aluminum roof, and the 6-spd (since VIII GSR in Japan) but you got jacked. Basically you guys have an Evo VIII with different front bumper/interior/wheels, Mivec, and a shorter 5th gear. All Japanese Evo IX GSR's have the aluminum roof, Bilsteins, and 6-spd (except MR-RS 5-spd version). Its amazing to me how all of these people are so stupid that they argue with fact. The MR is better than your IX, your SE, and the RS. If you prefer one of the other models I completely understand. I myself wanted an RS. If I would have bought (and I would have if they had one at the dealer) an RS I would have been extremely pissed off when I found out that I only have half of the stuff that actually makes it a Evo IX.
You've gotta be trolling, or you're really, really butthurt over $2,000. I can't decide which.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

i thought RS = Really Slow......ive owned 2 btw hahaha

Quick Reply: gsr, rs ?