Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

gsr, rs ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2007, 07:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gsr, rs ?

can anybody tell me what these mean....i tried google and cant find it anywhere....
i know :
MR = mitsubishi racing
RS = rally sport?????
GSR = ????
GTA = ????
thanks.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RS = Racing EVO ( no power locks, windows, or AC)
GSR is like the normal evo
GTA is the Automatic transmission evo.( Dont think its available in the US)
Old Aug 8, 2007, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MRadjahoe
RS = Racing EVO ( no power locks, windows, or AC)
GSR is like the normal evo
GTA is the Automatic transmission evo.( Dont think its available in the US)
I think he's talking about what does the initialism/acronym stands for, not what the evo features? But I didn't know that the GTA are automatic.

Maybe GSR stands for Grand Sport Racing and GTA stands for - I can't shift so I got an Automatic!
Old Aug 8, 2007, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

i knew that....sorry for the confussion..,what the letters actaully mean is my question.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

I believe RS stands for "Racing Special" or "Rally Special"
Old Aug 8, 2007, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
RS mean RS.
like other auto makers RS. Always the most race ready edition.
Ford focus RS
Porsche 997 GT3 RS ,911 carerra RS
Skoda RS
Audi RS2, RS4, RS6
or the camaro RS/SS....etc.

i think most guys don't know the RS camaro so just for fun:

Car review on CHEVROLET CAMARO RS/SS
Camaros have always been modified, and when the new 1970 1/2 model was introduced, it addressed some of the former models' shortcomings so improved the breed and potential still further. Many styles have developed over time, but one that has been popular in the 1990s and into the 21st century is Pro Touring. This uses classic muscle-car bodies but with all the handling and finesse of a modern-day supercar. Upgraded road/race suspension, massive Baer Claw disc brakes, and large rims with modern wide and low-profile rubber are fitted on this Camaro. Inside there are modern bucket race seats, harnesses and also a modern sound system. Usually Pro Touring cars run at least five but sometimes six-speed gearboxes or opted for a high-tech four-speed overdrive gearbox with ratchet-style shifter which provides minimal shifter movement for each gear change.

Last edited by Robevo RS; Aug 8, 2007 at 12:57 PM.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

soooo.................whats R? S?........G? S? R?.......G? T? A?........
Old Aug 8, 2007, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

RS usually stands for Rally Sport.

GSR = Grand Sport Rally (just guessing)

GTA = Grand Theft Auto ( )
Old Aug 8, 2007, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^ lol @ GTA
Old Aug 8, 2007, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Chemwarrior
RS usually stands for Rally Sport.

GSR = Grand Sport Rally (just guessing)

GTA = Grand Theft Auto ( )
+1 HA HA HA!!!!
Old Aug 8, 2007, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

no ıt ıs wrong ın states the best one ıs mr ( forged bbs rıms lıght hood front and rear fenders lıght to ın europen spect mr=gsr ın turkey only gsr model ıs sellıng and hear evo 9 gsr dont have rear fog lıghts and rear wındow cleaner and we cant select sunroof optıonal. also we cant change our googs lıght brıhtness they put a lıttle coın placeon the console.and all of them 6 speed and bılsteın suspensıon.also front lıght yellow and whıte areas are oposıte ın europan spect youcan see the detaıls ın www.project01.net
Old Aug 8, 2007, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tolga900
no ıt ıs wrong ın states the best one ıs mr ( forged bbs rıms lıght hood front and rear fenders lıght to ın europen spect mr=gsr ın turkey only gsr model ıs sellıng and hear evo 9 gsr dont have rear fog lıghts and rear wındow cleaner and we cant select sunroof optıonal. also we cant change our googs lıght brıhtness they put a lıttle coın placeon the console.and all of them 6 speed and bılsteın suspensıon.also front lıght yellow and whıte areas are oposıte ın europan spect youcan see the detaıls ın www.project01.net
I'm a little confused by your response. The OP was asking what the acronyms for the different models stand for not what the differences between U.S. and other countries models. What is googs brightness?
Old Aug 8, 2007, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

I highly disagree with the RS being the most race "ready." It weighs only 60lbs less than the regular IX and 80lbs less than the MR. The MR is definitely the best handling and in other words best performing Evo sold in the US. Now if they would have sold an MR-RS model like they do in Japan it would be another story. The RS has no wing in America for some cheap *** reason and the only thing they gave it was a trunk bar and the aluminum roof. The RS still has what is basically Evo VIII GSR suspension and is not offered with a 6-spd option (like it is in Japan). I could go on and on about how the only model in America that is EVEN CLOSE to a real JDM Evo IX GSR is the MR in America. In case you didn't know all of your regular IX's that you guys claim are so much better than the MR were suppose to come with the Bilsteins from the VIII MR, the aluminum roof, and the 6-spd (since VIII GSR in Japan) but you got jacked. Basically you guys have an Evo VIII with different front bumper/interior/wheels, Mivec, and a shorter 5th gear. All Japanese Evo IX GSR's have the aluminum roof, Bilsteins, and 6-spd (except MR-RS 5-spd version). Its amazing to me how all of these people are so stupid that they argue with fact. The MR is better than your IX, your SE, and the RS. If you prefer one of the other models I completely understand. I myself wanted an RS. If I would have bought (and I would have if they had one at the dealer) an RS I would have been extremely pissed off when I found out that I only have half of the stuff that actually makes it a Evo IX.

Last edited by Evo IX MR; Aug 8, 2007 at 01:54 PM.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

ın japenes ın the left sıght of the console or hımm very near to hood open pace a turnıng swıtch they use ın the nıght drıvıng you can get the lıghts brıghtness low for your eyes dıd you understand all models bmw ,mercedes use thıs sıstem ıts very cheap but ın gsr they dont put ıt okey always lıghts brıghtness ıs the same you never change ıt.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tolga900
ın japenes ın the left sıght of the console or hımm very near to hood open pace a turnıng swıtch they use ın the nıght drıvıng you can get the lıghts brıghtness low for your eyes dıd you understand all models bmw ,mercedes use thıs sıstem ıts very cheap but ın gsr they dont put ıt okey always lıghts brıghtness ıs the same you never change ıt.
Huh??

Quick Reply: gsr, rs ?