Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo tune'ng

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2003, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo tune'ng

I'm not rich by anymeans, hell i cant even get my bank to aprove me a 20k loan for this car (dirty bastves,, gotta 755/850 credit raiting too)

So when i finaly do get this car 'n start getting mod fever.. Should i waste my time trying to learn how to slap this stuff on or leave it to some one else?

(Havnt done much mechanicaly other than brake system replacements (rotors calipers ect..) and some other minor stuff)

any sugjestions?

I guess basicaly i want to get the most performance out of my $$ (some cosmetics would be nice too)
Old Jul 1, 2003, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

Do it yourself.
Old Jul 1, 2003, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

yourself you'll learn more. just read !
Old Jul 1, 2003, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Cool, thats how i've done everything else, wasnt sure if info was readly availble, but it sounds like it is

I"ll make sure 'n take many pictures of my bungling,, errr modding so people can learn with me

course i gotta get the car first.............
Old Jul 1, 2003, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Evo tune'ng

Originally posted by zTargeTz
I'm not rich by anymeans, hell i cant even get my bank to aprove me a 20k loan for this car (dirty bastves,, gotta 755/850 credit raiting too) ...
Get financing thru a dealer, cuz most of the times, they'll want to finance you to get the sale. Just know the tactical ways to get them to bring your APR% down low.
Old Jul 1, 2003, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

& what tatics would those be? lol

I was hoping that i'd have a 10k downpayment and 22k check from the bank so i could say here's what i got, gimme the car for 32 out the door and its a sale

I'd be extreamly happy with that situation, but then my silly small bank fubar'd my plans
Old Jul 1, 2003, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

I'm in the same boat as you. While I have taken a BMW 3.5 I-6 engine apart out of the car and have done basic matenance to my car I dont quite feel comfortable yet working on the turbo related items without a good amout of instruction. Hopefully I can help you out with my error full installs as well.
Old Jul 1, 2003, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Yup, luckly i have a digital camera and am totaly willing to show everyone how badly i screwup. or how well i do so i'll be tossing some how-to's up, if there are any topics that arnt covered by the time i get around to it, plus i'll prolly put up a web site on my mod status just for ****s

I love the car, and i dont even have one yet
Old Jul 1, 2003, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
z, I think that's a great idea to post pics of your installs. However, if your talking about bolt-on items then by all means definitely do it your self.

But if you are talking about actual tunning of the engine, if your are not 100% experienced in engine tunning then definitely DO NOT do your own tunning. You'll end up with a very expensive peice of scrap metal.

Take it to a reputable shop that has the proper equipment and experience. Good Luck on the future mods.