Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

i need hep, my car is acting all weird :(

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2007, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i need hep, my car is acting all weird :(

man i've been having some weird problems with my afr's lately i have a cutout and when i got tuned the cutout was open my afr's were around 11.4-11.6 at WOT, i decided to close the cutout a couple days ago and i thought nothing bad would happen if i just did a lil 3rd gear pull, well the afr's went down to about 11.1-10.9 so i thought nothing bad about it.

then i decided to do another pull and the afr's went all the way down to 10.0 and as soon as i saw that i stopped, i open the exhaust and try to do another pull and the same thing happen and the car doesnt pull like it used to

me and my friend raced on a closed road he has a stock STI and i bearly put a car on him so i know something is def. wrong because before i had the meth i would put 2 cars on him and he had a cobb stage one ... so can anyone with any help or info help me
Old Aug 8, 2007, 04:41 PM
Evolving Member

my car did that when I had a boost leak where the Turbo and the outlet elbow meet. fixed that and my AFRs where normal again.... do a boost leak test.... the opening and closing of your cutout maybe coincidence.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

hey rob is me corrado (pure players friend) silver evo , im gonna check that thing 1st thing 2morrow morning, hopefully thats it and nothing else

and i dont have a boost leak tester, do you have one by any chance?

Last edited by kikazzdrummer88; Aug 8, 2007 at 04:56 PM.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

Same problem for me. 10.0 to 11.4 afr. Definetly a boost leak. Every 2 days I have to tighten and adjust my T-Bolt clamps. They just keep on sliding of the coupler to my UICP. Very annoying. Once tightened I'm back to 14.4 - 14.7 afr. Getting it fixed by my tuner this weekend.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 04:59 PM
Evolving Member

thanx for your help guys , im gonna be able to sleep again, that thing has been bugging me sine it started a couple of days ago
Old Aug 8, 2007, 05:03 PM
Evolving Member

Try off and on for a month! LOL. I'm trying to avoid buying the complete IC pipping which will probably run me $300-$450. Can't drop that money right now.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

yea i order the ets licp last week so brings some t-bolt clamps and i already have the upic ones so ill be good , 27lbs arent easy on those stock clamps lol