Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Removal and Installation of Stock IX Lip

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2007, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Removal and Installation of Stock IX Lip

Hello,

I'm looking for a quick write up or some tips on removing and installing a new IX lip. I'm getting an SE lip in place of my stocker, and just want to know exactly how to remove it and put the new one back on.

Are there any brackets or fittings or extra fasteners I am going to need to install the SE lip? Or will it be just a simple swap with no extra items needed?

Thank you to those of you who have done this already or can provide me with soem useful info.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

i think all u have to do is drop your undertray and then remove a whole bunch of self tapping screws that fasten the lip to the bumper, and some clips as well.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

yea if you want to keep the undertray you have to get all the lil brackets and fastners from mitsu for the SE lip... i didnt even bother and just took my tray out since i put on and take off the bumper alot
Old Aug 8, 2007, 08:38 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
undertray - additional mounting pieces needed

no undertray - use stock lip mounting screws and stock lip screw holes
Old Aug 8, 2007, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

Can I get these pieces from the dealer? How many different ones are there compared to the regular IX lip?
Old Aug 8, 2007, 09:43 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Mooseknuckle
Can I get these pieces from the dealer? How many different ones are there compared to the regular IX lip?
pm Spins4 and tell him what you are doing he'll get you what you need at a great price
Old Aug 9, 2007, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Hello,

I'm looking for a quick write up or some tips on removing and installing a new IX lip. I'm getting an SE lip in place of my stocker, and just want to know exactly how to remove it and put the new one back on.

Are there any brackets or fittings or extra fasteners I am going to need to install the SE lip? Or will it be just a simple swap with no extra items needed?

Thank you to those of you who have done this already or can provide me with soem useful info.
Like a few people stated, you will need 3 additional brackets if you are using your front splash shield. I do stock them, and all 3 together would run $80 plus shipping.

Basically, its because of the way the SE lip is designed compared to the reg IX lip. 2 pieces are boomerang shaped brackets, and the 3rd is kind of a reinforcement/space filler. Then the rest is just rivets and those annoying fasteners.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bill, would you need these additional brackets if your running a after market tray, like Carbing or Beatrush?
Old Aug 9, 2007, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mdsevo06
Bill, would you need these additional brackets if your running a after market tray, like Carbing or Beatrush?
Good question. I wanna know this as well....
Old Aug 9, 2007, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

Bill, what about the other way around...going from an SE lip to a regular IX?

And if you have a diagram of the specific brackets I would need that would be helpful too, as I am trading another person lips and I could just grab the necessary brackets from him.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wallesasuaz
Good question. I wanna know this as well....
Sorry guys, I honestly wish I knew this one. I have had a few customers with aftermarket front shields order SE lips from me, and some took the additional pieces, and some didn't. Might be something good to post up on the forum as a seperate subject.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Bill, what about the other way around...going from an SE lip to a regular IX?

And if you have a diagram of the specific brackets I would need that would be helpful too, as I am trading another person lips and I could just grab the necessary brackets from him.
Other way around, to me looks like the only piece you would need from him would be the equivalent of the black space filler SE one (if that makes sense). The difference being, the one on his car, is that spacer is color matched to the car.

As for pics, if you have access to a fax, I can gladly send you some pics from CAPS of breakdowns. I'd post them, but CAPS does not let me steel pics off it .