Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

so i got a buschur exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2007, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the BR Slip-fit with HFC/Magnaflow. It is sleeper at idle and mean at WOT! The best of both worlds. I wouldnt trade it.

i have a IX also and have a very slight rattle from underneath and all clamps are tight, I will have to check this "shield" thing you speak of. I know it isnt the exhaust or crossbars.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Redline-Z
I have the BR Slip-fit with HFC/Magnaflow. It is sleeper at idle and mean at WOT! The best of both worlds. I wouldnt trade it.

i have a IX also and have a very slight rattle from underneath and all clamps are tight, I will have to check this "shield" thing you speak of. I know it isnt the exhaust or crossbars.
+1 I do get the same slight rattle on low throttle, but I'll look right now at my heat shield to see. I know my crossbar isn't touching it!
Old Aug 13, 2007, 09:26 PM
Evolving Member

JUST a quik little question.. hehe. This has probably been explained alot of times already but would the BR tbe w/ magnaflow fit in with a JDM IX rear bumper?
Old Aug 13, 2007, 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by eVo_Boi
JUST a quik little question.. hehe. This has probably been explained alot of times already but would the BR tbe w/ magnaflow fit in with a JDM IX rear bumper?
I was wondering the same but with the Bullet muffler :P
Old Aug 13, 2007, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

Just let them know you got a JDM bumper and they got you covered!
Old Aug 13, 2007, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LilRico
Just let them know you got a JDM bumper and they got you covered!
Yea they can put the muffler in place of the test pipe and just run a straight pipe where the muffler normally is
Old Aug 14, 2007, 05:55 AM
Evolving Member

amazing

You know why Buschur is the best out there? When you had a problem with their exhaust instead of calling them, you posted on this site. The crew from BR still came in and tried to help. Amazing! This shop will bend over backwards for you and stand up for any thing they make. That is pretty damn rare these days.
Well done BR.

Now go take back the evo record from ams. It should belong to no one else!!

Last edited by 4G63DSM; Aug 14, 2007 at 05:56 AM. Reason: i spell poorly
Old Aug 14, 2007, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4G63DSM
You know why Buschur is the best out there? When you had a problem with their exhaust instead of calling them, you posted on this site. The crew from BR still came in and tried to help. Amazing! This shop will bend over backwards for you and stand up for any thing they make. That is pretty damn rare these days.
Well done BR.

That was cute.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 06:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evo8nyc
jrod ims get s better pic tom but it is a old style exhaust with the clamps but should i worry aout this since its on my ix
Well the thing is.... that the place it is "rubbing" appears to be the heatshield for the carrier bearing. You can either remove it which is what I would do or you can bend / cut it.

I would recommend next time that you have a problem on a item from a vendor that you purchased second hand to maybe contact the vendor first before making a thread that could potentially look bad on that vendor. If you would have purchased this brand new you would have recieved instructions that told you what needed done.

Originally Posted by eVo_Boi
We can not do the exhaust with the magnaflow muffler for the JDM rear 9. The muffler is to large. The reason I say it is to large is because when we set up the exhaust for the JDM rear bumper we relocate the muffler under the car in the position the off-road pipe / highflow cat would be. The magnaflow is just a hair to large to fit in that spot.

Also we only offer the option of the JDM 9 rear exhaust in the V-band system.

Originally Posted by LilRico
+1 I do get the same slight rattle on low throttle, but I'll look right now at my heat shield to see. I know my crossbar isn't touching it!
Thats probably from the body kit and all the *bling* weighing down the front of the car.

Just kiddin. Nothin but love Ruben! Your stickers went out this morning.

Originally Posted by 4G63DSM
Well done BR.

It wasnt even purchased new from us. It was purchased 2nd hand.

Take care guys!
Old Aug 14, 2007, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kay@kacework.com
I'm not sure I would say that... It is good for the money I would say and makes good power. Also they support our comunity which is always a plus. Comments like this are just stupid tomake... Should you switch? I would say no other then if you want a different look from the tip. I'm not a huge fan of how it sticks out past the bumper.
I guess i should re-word it slightly.....its one of the best....
Old Aug 14, 2007, 08:25 AM

a

just another completely satisfied B.R buyer love my exaust i wouldnt tade it for nething...
Old Aug 14, 2007, 10:54 AM

I've had the Buschur TBE w/ the bullet muffler for about a year now on my IX, i love the sleeper look. I get no unwanted police attention from the muffler (that's what the wing's for :-)
Initially i had a rattle from the clamp contacting the heat shield but bending the shield fixed the issue.
The sound is amazing! I roll my windows down everytime i go under an underpass or through a tunnel just to hear it reverberate.
Props to Jarrod and the guys at Buschur for a great exhaust and awesome customer service.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

I have the Buschur TBE with HFC and Magnaflow exhaust and love it as well.

I am curious though is it necessary to have some sort of gasket or donut going for the O2 housing to the downpipe for a proper seal? I know it didn't come with one and the instructions say you don't need one, but I have tightened down those two bolts as tight as I can and I am still getting an exhaust leak. Suggestions are appreciated.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

Here's the Buschur Exhaust with Magnaflow~~

Here is a pic of the Buschur exhaust with the Magnaflow Muffler. There is really no major overhang. I like the looks a lot. This exhaust is awesome. Like everyone already said, inconspicuous when you are driving normally, yet it really wakes up when you wnat it to!!

Old Aug 14, 2007, 04:57 PM

I had a VIII and it ratlled when i shut the car off i noticed the down pipe was hitting the oil pan.(barely)I took the downpipe off and gave the downpipe a love tap with a ball-n-peen.Check the clearance at this spot.I installed the br tbe on my new IX and the clearance was about the same.