Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

so i got a buschur exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2007, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so i got a buschur exhaust

this is my review on my buschur exhaust its a full TBE and the sound level is great very loud and mean. Im having some rattling under the car but got that fixed. Wondering who els is running this TBE on a IX. Some have told me this exhaust wasn't worth the purchase what do you guys/gals think. Oh yea im also thinking bout switching over the the AMS TBE
Old Aug 13, 2007, 12:28 PM

Which muffler?
Old Aug 13, 2007, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

not really sure bout it off some kid who had it on his IX MR but its BR bullet exhaust 3" and its the clamps not flanges
Old Aug 13, 2007, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

anyone have any say?
Old Aug 13, 2007, 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

Its the bullet muffler then. I'd say your exhaust was worth the purchase since its a buschur and they make a damn good exhaust. How much did you get it for?
Old Aug 13, 2007, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo8nyc
this is my review on my buschur exhaust its a full TBE and the sound level is great very loud and mean. Im having some rattling under the car but got that fixed. Wondering who els is running this TBE on a IX. Some have told me this exhaust wasn't worth the purchase what do you guys/gals think. Oh yea im also thinking bout switching over the the AMS TBE
I run a buschur w/ magnaflow muffler. I love it, its nice a subtle driving around normal and gets mean at wot.

The exhaust is worth it, the people who tell you its not probably said you should have gotten some overpriced hks or greddy crap. Its light, it makes power, its stainless steel, and its quality....what more do u want?

why would you switch you wont make anymore power with an ams exhuast, keep what you have and tell your "people" to stfu
Old Aug 13, 2007, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

yea but mine has the clamps so i cant put a different exhaust or downpipe
Old Aug 13, 2007, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Thats the best exhaust you can buy. I have it on my IX RS and i had it on my VIII RS also....I wouldn't buy anything else.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo8nyc
yea but mine has the clamps so i cant put a different exhaust or downpipe
I don't know what you mean by this statement but, If you are getting a rattle turn the car on for about 1 minute to heat up the clamps a little bit, and tighten up the clamps and the rattle will go away.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 05 EVO RS
Thats the best exhaust you can buy. I have it on my IX RS and i had it on my VIII RS also....I wouldn't buy anything else.
I'm not sure I would say that... It is good for the money I would say and makes good power. Also they support our comunity which is always a plus. Comments like this are just stupid tomake... Should you switch? I would say no other then if you want a different look from the tip. I'm not a huge fan of how it sticks out past the bumper.
Old Aug 13, 2007, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I love mine. Buschur TBE, Bullet in the middle, and the V-band clamps. Sounds mean all day. Yay YAY!
Old Aug 13, 2007, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

I have BR TBE with the Bullet muffler love the sound
Old Aug 13, 2007, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

SWOLN- did u have any rattling issues?
Old Aug 13, 2007, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kay@kacework.com
I'm not sure I would say that... It is good for the money I would say and makes good power. Also they support our comunity which is always a plus. Comments like this are just stupid tomake... Should you switch? I would say no other then if you want a different look from the tip. I'm not a huge fan of how it sticks out past the bumper.
Mine doesnt stick out past the bumper? It sits back underneath my bumper roughly 1/2".
Old Aug 13, 2007, 01:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was the system used before on a car with ACD? It may be the old style thats not meant for use with the Evo 9. It had to be specified when ordering the exhaust when the Evo 9 came out.

If there is a rattle something is installed incorrectly. If it is the OLD design where there is not a flange at the downpipe / test pipe (or highflow cat) connection then it is the old design thats all slip fit and that can be a problem with fitment / adjustment.

If you do have the entire slip-fit system I would recommend locating the rattle cause and location, loosen the exhaust, make some tweaks on the exhaust to get it right and tighten it back up.

Do you have the spacers on the tie-bars?

If you have the current system that we have used for quite sometime now this would be the first rattle issue I have heard about with this system.

Quick Reply: so i got a buschur exhaust