Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Pics:Dyno comparison CBRD vs AMS

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2007, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pics:Dyno comparison CBRD vs AMS

Just sitting here at the house and figured I would start a thread. I recently was on CBRD's mustang dyno and wanted to show people some results. I currently have a AMS (chicago) custom dyno tune and put down 325/320 on AMS (washington D.C.) dynojet back in April.

Chris@AMS did the tune and I'm totally happy with it. The point of this thread is to just show how dyno #'s can change so much depending on what kind of dyno. Everyone knows a Mustang dyno shows much lower #'s compared to everything else and I expected sub 300 #'s @ CBRD.

AMS 325/320
CBRD 282/278

The difference is about 15% and Chad says the difference ranges from 15-19%. I did show some lower #'s on the first two pulls which would back up the 15-19% decrease.

Mods: Evo 8 with GSC S1 cams, TBE, O2 housing, walbro, head studs, Forge DV, MBC, LICP. Custom tune @ 23psi tapers to about 18psi.
CBRD Mustang Dyno:

AMS Dynojet Dyno:

Old Aug 14, 2007, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah the Mustang Dyno is a heart breaker....Hows CBRD, nice and clean huh!
Old Aug 14, 2007, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool to see the charts! Other things may have been a factor too - local gas (depending on time of year too), humidity, temps, but it's still probably a good comparison.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by warp9
Yeah the Mustang Dyno is a heart breaker....Hows CBRD, nice and clean huh!
CBRD FTMFW!!!! Chad/Mark are the only people that touch my car. They have installed everything on my car. Great shop!

Jason
Old Aug 14, 2007, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

We have some video of the Lonnies mustang, my evo, rays evo, tommys evo, and the 2g. We are just waiting on them from the guy
Old Aug 14, 2007, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by boostedwrx
Cool to see the charts! Other things may have been a factor too - local gas (depending on time of year too), humidity, temps, but it's still probably a good comparison.
I get gas at the same place (usually). Temps were slightly different. Back in April (AMS), it was cooler and this past weekend was hot/humid. I still feel this is a good comparison.

No changes to performance mods have been done.

Jason
Old Aug 14, 2007, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

I'm glad to see other people saying good things about cbrd. I am buying the silver IX from them on thursday, and so far I have nothing but great things to say about them, those guys are awesome.... sorry about the slight hijack.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by pudge
I'm glad to see other people saying good things about cbrd. I am buying the silver IX from them on thursday, and so far I have nothing but great things to say about them, those guys are awesome.... sorry about the slight hijack.
Were you the one test-driving it on Friday? When I was up there with my silver evo, someone was test-driving it.

Jason
Old Aug 14, 2007, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Cali2MDevo8
Were you the one test-driving it on Friday? When I was up there with my silver evo, someone was test-driving it.

Jason
Yeah that was me. I took it out for a drive, tried to convince myself over the weekend that I didn't need a $30K car, but it didn't work. So, I'm getting it, haha. Caleb said they were going to put it on the dyno either today or tomorrow, so once I get it I'll post pics of the car as well as the dyno sheet in another thread.
There shop is incredible.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 06:17 PM
Evolving Member

I'll be there Friday morning getting tuned. They installed my clutch and came highly recommended. I'll post my numbers before going to the strip Friday night.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 06:45 PM
Former Sponsor

The sheet says Dynomite not Dynojet.....
Old Aug 14, 2007, 10:48 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Cali2MDevo8
Just sitting here at the house and figured I would start a thread. I recently was on CBRD's mustang dyno and wanted to show people some results. I currently have a AMS (chicago) custom dyno tune and put down 325/320 on AMS (washington D.C.) dynojet back in April.

Chris@AMS did the tune and I'm totally happy with it. The point of this thread is to just show how dyno #'s can change so much depending on what kind of dyno. Everyone knows a Mustang dyno shows much lower #'s compared to everything else and I expected sub 300 #'s @ CBRD.

AMS 325/320
CBRD 282/278

The difference is about 15% and Chad says the difference ranges from 15-19%. I did show some lower #'s on the first two pulls which would back up the 15-19% decrease.

Mods: Evo 8 with GSC S1 cams, TBE, O2 housing, walbro, head studs, Forge DV, MBC, LICP. Custom tune @ 23psi tapers to about 18psi.
CBRD Mustang Dyno:

AMS Dynojet Dyno:

wat mods do u have done to ur car? cos im bout to get my tune from ams on friday and was hopein to be around 350whp
Old Aug 15, 2007, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Shacochis06
wat mods do u have done to ur car? cos im bout to get my tune from ams on friday and was hopein to be around 350whp
Mods are stated in the opening thread. If you have similar mods and an Evo 9, you should be there
Old Aug 15, 2007, 06:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gsnt
The sheet says Dynomite not Dynojet.....
In the words of JJ its.....

Old Aug 15, 2007, 06:25 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Jason,

thanks for posting kind words..

we have seen AMS, Agile, other locals... all reading quite a bit higher than our dyno... but its your standard AWD Mustang dyno, set to factory calibrations... we invested about 2,000 USD to have Mustang personnel come out and verify calibration and run test procedures..

we couldnt be happier with our dyno...

we hope to break 500whp on it with pump gas shortly on our project 2.3... we just had the compressor wheel upgraded.... heat coatings done, and some other small things.. that would be big ecu FLASH numbers!!

cheers

cb

Quick Reply: Pics:Dyno comparison CBRD vs AMS