Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What should I expect from these mods?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2007, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What should I expect from these mods?

I tried posting this in the newbie section first...but I got no response

BR Port and Polish Ext manifold
BR evo green Turbo with ported hotside
Stainless steel BR O2 housing
AMS Intercooler with upper IC pipe and Tial BOV
GSC Mivec S1 cams
AMS 780 Fuel Injectors
AMS Fuel Press. Regulator

Ah...and this will probably be just a daily driver...so is it necessary to upgrade to the exedy stage 2 cerametallic clutch with fidanza Al flywheel? I have a feeling it might be because I think I'll probably make around 360 whp on a mustang

What do you think
Old Aug 21, 2007, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your assessment on the horsepower is about correct. It might be a little low, but it's better to expect a low read that way you don't get disappointed. Also, you should upgrade to an Exedy Twin HD.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Xx Danny xX
Your assessment on the horsepower is about correct. It might be a little low, but it's better to expect a low read that way you don't get disappointed. Also, you should upgrade to an Exedy Twin HD.
I know its been talked about but how do you like that clutch of yours...what's its limit on HP and Tq....how does it feel compared to stock?
Old Aug 21, 2007, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rudager
I know its been talked about but how do you like that clutch of yours...what's its limit on HP and Tq....how does it feel compared to stock?
I love this clutch. The pedal feel is a little stiffer than stock, but once it is broken in properly, you will become used to it. The only thing I had to learn was that you will have to rev it up to almost 2000 rpm in order to get it moving from a start smoothly. It will become second nature though. It can hold a lot of hp/tq. I don't remember how much exactly, but you can use this comfortably and safely with well over 500whp. The only upgrade from this is a triple plate clutch which is for very high horsepower cars. It's definitely worth the investment and you would be smart to do this correctly the first time rather than going with a single disc or puck style clutch and then have to reinstall another one. Installation costs run anywhere from $500-$1000. This is easily the best clutch you can get.

Last edited by Xx Danny xX; Aug 21, 2007 at 05:52 PM.