Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo/WRX Shootout Pic Thread 8/25

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2007, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great Pics
Old Aug 25, 2007, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

Having problems uploading pics from my nikon guys try again tomorrow but i have pretty much the same pics! Nice!
Old Aug 25, 2007, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Very nice time 06 MR, 9.29 @153 on the first pass of the day, that is quite impressive!!!

BTW: Does anyone know if AMS made any exhibition passes or something, they said they were not going to race the car because of the rules of the event, but from one of the pictures it looks like Mr. Jones had the racing suit on, and they were working on the car. Can anyone chime in on this???
Old Aug 25, 2007, 07:55 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Import Junky
got video but no pics.
Well lets see the videos !
Old Aug 25, 2007, 07:57 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by JRB_EVO
Very nice time 06 MR, 9.29 @153 on the first pass of the day, that is quite impressive!!!

BTW: Does anyone know if AMS made any exhibition passes or something, they said they were not going to race the car because of the rules of the event, but from one of the pictures it looks like Mr. Jones had the racing suit on, and they were working on the car. Can anyone chime in on this???
Eric did a few passs and he was OUT !

On pass left two streaks of rubber right down the track - I was behind it watching it - wild driving - the other was also all over the track with the car picthing back and forth - he is a very brave driver - no record times today bit it was certainly fun to watch
Old Aug 25, 2007, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JRB_EVO

they made about 5 passes. i over heard something about the clutch pedal adjustment being a problem as to why they misshifted every run. they still managed low 10's with 150+mph traps on a extremely hot muggy day while misshifting.
Old Aug 25, 2007, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DynoFlash

On pass left two streaks of rubber right down the track - I was behind it watching it - wild driving - the other was also all over the track with the car picthing back and forth - he is a very brave driver - no record times today bit it was certainly fun to watch
Was this the Carbon Fiber/GG Evo. It sounded mean! What happened to the car Al?
Old Aug 25, 2007, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash

Al, thanks for the updated info. So will you back here in OH in October for hopefully the rescheduled Shootout??? How did you today at the Event???
Old Aug 25, 2007, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Redline-Z
Was this the Carbon Fiber/GG Evo. It sounded mean! What happened to the car Al?

his car broke after a miss shift into a wrong gear. but im looking at it like this

the 1st pass he said he went from 2nd gear going for 3rd but hit 1st. said his tach went into no go teritory but BUT his b/r block still have 3 more passes in it befor it let loose. i would say that was a well built block for 900+hp on a shot block running 3 mor passes. if he had not miss shifted it would still be running no dout.
Old Aug 25, 2007, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
his car broke after a miss shift into a wrong gear. but im looking at it like this

the 1st pass he said he went from 2nd gear going for 3rd but hit 1st. said his tach went into no go teritory but BUT his b/r block still have 3 more passes in it befor it let loose. i would say that was a well built block for 900+hp on a shot block running 3 mor passes. if he had not miss shifted it would still be running no dout.
Too bad to hear about Al's motor letting go, but being able to survive a mis shift like that trying to get in 3rd and slamming 1st, that has to be one hell of a motor to survive that. Kinda like what happened to Shep at the end of last year, and the motor still survived a few more passes before it finally gave up. But we all know Al will be back up and running in no time with another bulletproof Buschur motor!!!
Old Aug 25, 2007, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
cover up those cars plates please
Old Aug 25, 2007, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evodan2004
pics 4, 11, 12, are meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee NICE SHOTS MAN. awesome. thanks...

funny thing is the 1st pic you have. i got one like that too. as soon as i parked it there i said i got to get up top and take some shots looking down. hahaha
Whered you get that addicted to meth sticker..I need one..lol
Old Aug 25, 2007, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by staatz
Whered you get that addicted to meth sticker..I need one..lol
i made it. hehehe
Old Aug 25, 2007, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

While I'm uploading the rest of the videos (I was using a digital camera (not a video camera) to take these videos) here is one of Al.

Old Aug 25, 2007, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

dam that didnt sound to good.