Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo/WRX Shootout Pic Thread 8/25

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2007, 03:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't mind people being around. After all, we were just testing and really had no time crunches or had to make any lane calls at any certain time.

Hopefully everyone got a chance to see enough of the car and products in person and got to ask any questions they had. After all, thats why we made the trip out there.
Old Aug 26, 2007, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4DR
IF you're talking about the GG EVO 9 with 8 wheels (it's not an MR). That is Ricky From TOP LEVEL PERFORMANCE in Farmindale. He did a 10.9 and a 11.0 with a slipping clutch.
amazing car, amazing guy and excellent shop in Long Island, NY...
Old Aug 26, 2007, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
glad you guys are enjoying the pics. btw-i need to know what canards these are ASAP !!! let me know please.......

Old Aug 26, 2007, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
anyone know who makes these carbon fiber air ducks for the frunt bumpers on the evo 8?????? im looking for a set

also anyone have install and fitment info thanks.

Old Aug 26, 2007, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^you can pm him here and ask questions about it.(the first black evo) very nice guy. his name here is 4g63 t.
Old Aug 26, 2007, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
cover up those cars plates please

You dont need to cover plates unless they are doing something illegal.
Old Aug 26, 2007, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

cwest canards and rexspeed ducks?
Old Aug 27, 2007, 05:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
You dont need to cover plates unless they are doing something illegal.
Not true, People can get your tag, go to the DMV, ask for the information on the car like where you live then steal the car.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jewish Santa
Not true, People can get your tag, go to the DMV, ask for the information on the car like where you live then steal the car.

Thats a bunch of ninny nonsense. People being way too obcessively over cautious. No one is searching the internet looking for license plates to look them up and see where you live to steal your $25-30k car. You can find EVOs everywhere locally across the United States. We have EVOs, not Bugatti Veyrons. It's like wearing a fire suit everytime you drive your car just in case it catches on fire.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 06:02 AM
Evolving Member

overall had a fun day watching alot of nice evos and fast ones run down the track for the weather/temp....

couldnt say the same for the sti's though..

congrats to Brandon for running his times...

and congrats to Ricky at Top Level for his good times..

and to Al who will have his car up and running stronger and faster this time around..

Old Aug 27, 2007, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Anyone know if Turbotrix mad passes w/ their STI? Pics?
Old Aug 27, 2007, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
Thats a bunch of ninny nonsense. People being way too obcessively over cautious. No one is searching the internet looking for license plates to look them up and see where you live to steal your $25-30k car. You can find EVOs everywhere locally across the United States. We have EVOs, not Bugatti Veyrons. It's like wearing a fire suit everytime you drive your car just in case it catches on fire.
You're a tool if you think this is not happening! I work my local law enforcement agency and I can tell you for a fact that this is going on, Hell it even happend to my Father with his 93 Mustang Cobra. He used to show the car and someone got a couple pictures of it, looked up the tags through the DMV and stole his car. When the police caught the guy he confessed to doing it and told the police how he did it. Go to your local DVM and look up any tags I guarantee it will work.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

generally speaking you need an 'in' to get an address from plates, perhaps someone working for the DMV to get that sort of information. You can't just walk into the DMV and say "hey, what's the address for this plate?" The people at the DMV are slow, but not stupid. There's no reason to normally ask for that sort of information.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

You're a tool if you think this is not happening! I work my local law enforcement agency and I can tell you for a fact that this is going on, Hell it even happend to my Father with his 93 Mustang Cobra. He used to show the car and someone got a couple pictures of it, looked up the tags through the DMV and stole his car. When the police caught the guy he confessed to doing it and told the police how he did it. Go to your local DVM and look up any tags I guarantee it will work.
if people are looking over the internet then they are looking on the street to...so what are you gonna do cover your plates when you drive the street theives are everywhere it sucks but its true, fact of life and we just have to deal with the bull***t
Old Aug 27, 2007, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Oh now there's name calling

No, Im not the tool here, it sounds like you are. Someone went to the trouble of stealing your father's POS 93 Mustang by looking at the plates on the internet?

This is so hilarious, I cant stop laughing. What a joke. Im going to go to DMV later and attempt to get information on someone's license plates. Im sure they will give me all their information.