Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo Rs

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2007, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo Rs

so im looking to getting an evo rs.yea i know rs model sucks but i like the sleeper amongst other things.I went to the dealer where my buddy works and he spoke to the sales manager and told him i wanted one of the rs models that they've been sitting on since september 06.He asked for 25k for it.I like the car since its white which is the color i want.my buddy told to come back in december and i could probably get it for 20K.do you guys think its a good deal?
Old Aug 28, 2007, 10:57 AM

Yeah deff. a good deal.

And the RS doesnt "suck" lol... Its a track car , a raw performance car.

I have a IX MR and RS and I like the feel of the RS alot more... Cant put my finger on what it is but the RS feels alot better. So yeah it doesnt suck and its not the bottom of the line , its just the true race car of the Evo line.

25k is a good price. And 20k is even beter if they stil have it by then and someone doesnt jump on it in the meenwhile.

So yeah take it from someone who has both the MR and the RS , the RS kicks ***.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

if it is brand new.. 20k is a damn good deal. even 25k is pretty much a good-standard deal. Dont get it twisted, there is a lot of die hard fans with the RS model. Its a quick sucker amogest the fully option class. A lot of people would prefer RS over any other model, just because it has quite a few advantage that people would prefer to have. So yeah If you like the White RS definitly go for it. You "WILL NOT" be disappointed. Good luck on the Buy.

Last edited by Azntoyhere; Aug 28, 2007 at 11:38 AM.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Where is this NEW RS that you're speaking of? I know a few guys that want one. Is it really a new car?

Yeah, I take offense to you saying the RS sucks. I would never say that about a car that I want. Stop speaking out of your a-s-s, bro, and show some pride.

Last edited by EVO X Owner-2-B; Aug 28, 2007 at 12:27 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WW IX RS
Yeah deff. a good deal.

And the RS doesnt "suck" lol... Its a track car , a raw performance car.

I have a IX MR and RS and I like the feel of the RS alot more... Cant put my finger on what it is but the RS feels alot better. So yeah it doesnt suck and its not the bottom of the line , its just the true race car of the Evo line.

25k is a good price. And 20k is even beter if they stil have it by then and someone doesnt jump on it in the meenwhile.

So yeah take it from someone who has both the MR and the RS , the RS kicks ***.
I understand that you like the feel of the RS more. I was originally going to get a red RS. However, the RS is NOT the raw performance model of the Evo. You need to start tracking both of them and you will see that stock for stock the MR will significantly out-perform the RS. This is only true in America of course. In Japan and elsewhere in the world they have the best of both worlds- the MR RS.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo IX MR
I understand that you like the feel of the RS more. I was originally going to get a red RS. However, the RS is NOT the raw performance model of the Evo. You need to start tracking both of them and you will see that stock for stock the MR will significantly out-perform the RS. This is only true in America of course. In Japan and elsewhere in the world they have the best of both worlds- the MR RS.
You "understand" because you "originally [were] going to get a red RS" but didn't? So, you don't have any real and/or extensive experience with an RS like WW_IX_RS has? I'm confused.

It was during my long and exhausting research of the Evo that I discovered comments like WW_IX_RS's - saying that the RS felt better than the MR - that convinced me that the RS was the better driver's car.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Our MR is basically a JDM GSR with the 1.5 LSD instead of S-AYC.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

I've owned 2 RS's (one 05 and one 06) and wouldn't have them any other way.....RS's FTMFW!
Old Aug 28, 2007, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where are these damn $25k RS' located?!?!
Old Aug 28, 2007, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We have a repo RS at the Credit Union I work for.. and they want friggin $27k for it!! LOL

I'd try to get it for $20k if you can, I wouldnt think theyre worth much more.

Also, does the RS not have power door locks? Do you really have to stick the friggin key in the key hole to open the door? No power windows is one thing, but no power windows and no auto lock? That sucks!
Old Aug 28, 2007, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boostedwrx
Also, does the RS not have power door locks? Do you really have to stick the friggin key in the key hole to open the door? No power windows is one thing, but no power windows and no auto lock? That sucks!
RS doesn't have power door locks. You have to stick the friggen key in the key hole.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

That's an awesome deal! Just have to sacrifice a few comfort items with the RS. I was going to myself, but I came up with the extra dough for the regular VIII instead.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Like they said, only real drawback is sacrificing a few comfort items... But you do get the better preppared car for the track (and the cheaper one too...) yes, stock for stock the MR is faster, put a spoiler and aftermarket suspension on the RS, lower it an inch to inch-and-a-half (the equivalence of saving the 4 lbs off the roof that the MR saves) and you'll be faster by far.

The MR is the out of the box, most likely not gonna mod much, performance machine.
The RS is the, I'm ready for a badass car and its gonna get some serious work done on it machine.
The VIII/IX is the middle of the group.

If I was doing it all again I'd buy a IX SE though.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
Like they said, only real drawback is sacrificing a few comfort items... But you do get the better preppared car for the track (and the cheaper one too...) yes, stock for stock the MR is faster(it is>?) , put a spoiler and aftermarket suspension on the RS, lower it an inch to inch-and-a-half (the equivalence of saving the 4 lbs off the roof that the MR saves)(the RS has an aluminum roof already)and you'll be faster by far.

The MR is the out of the box, most likely not gonna mod much, performance machine.(You can just as easily dump $10k into an MR as any other variant.)
The RS is the, I'm ready for a badass car and its gonna get some serious work done on it machine.(That may be true for some, but not all.)
The VIII/IX is the middle of the group.(Just as capable as the rest of them.)

If I was doing it all again I'd buy a IX SE though.
^in red.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

I'm pretty sure the RS does have the aluminum roof. Not sure if you added that or what.
The MR "should" be the faster car around a racetrack. Certainly NOT in a straight line. But I'm not convinced about the turning part. I think the RS would still pull ahead in an autocross where the MR's softer shocks would hurt it in the slaloms. But I'm just a VIII driver, what do I know anyway...

Quick Reply: Evo Rs