Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

trunk bike rack with wing?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2007, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need to get one for my car, figured I would never find one that fits. time to go look.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

Hitch mounted rack is a good way to go... I had one on my GSX when I lived in CO. It's not really visible from behind, it's removable, it's can also be used to mount a snowboard/ski rack (check the Thule or Yakima site) and you don't have to worry about any paint damage...

Only reason I don't have one on my EVO is I have a beater pick up for a DD....
Old Aug 30, 2007, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by KevinD
i got my hitch from a buddy for free. bolted right in no problem. the hitch rack was regular 199, but REI had a 20% off this week. i just got it last friday for 160.:P
How does your hitch mount to your car?
Old Aug 30, 2007, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by KevinD
hahaha i don't the back seat is the only place i trusted my bike for a while. WAAAAAAY to much money hanging off the back of the car by 6 straps that anyone could walk away with . besides, its an evo. the seat backs are plastic, the chain rings have scuffed the seat backs, the handlebars also have scuffed the seat backs. dirt, grim, and chain lube has gotten in the back seat. but i don't really care. once a year or so i steam clean the interior and it cleans up fine. if i drove a Mercedes or something with a decent interior, then i would be putting the bike somewhere else
First of all, I should say: SRAM PowerLink FTMFW. Nothing quite like a clean, newly lubed DA drivetrain.

Curious about the steam cleaning: do you do it yourself or take it to a detail shop? The carpet's gotten some crap embedded in it from one of my buddies being careless.
Old Aug 31, 2007, 07:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mikesezz
How does your hitch mount to your car?

it bolts in in 15 minutes. it bolts up on the reverse side of the rear bumper beam. the bumper beam has 4 bolts holding it in. those 4 bolts are pretty long, and where they protrude out the back from under the car, this hitch bolts up to those, and then uses a U bolt to clamp it to the toe loop.

rallytrack is the screenname of the guy who makes them here. PM him, i'm sure he can fill you in on the details.
Old Aug 31, 2007, 07:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by a_gray_evo
First of all, I should say: SRAM PowerLink FTMFW. Nothing quite like a clean, newly lubed DA drivetrain.

Curious about the steam cleaning: do you do it yourself or take it to a detail shop? The carpet's gotten some crap embedded in it from one of my buddies being careless.

haha, i went to home depot and rented one there. i got it to do the carpet in the rental house i was living it. it was so dirty when i started every drop of water that came out of the steam cleaner was jet black. it came with a same hand attachment that worked wonders in my car. it smelled good, and took all the dirt and grease out even off the headliner!