Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

cel after head install

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2007, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cel after head install

before taking off the head I had a cel for #2 random misfire.(bpr8es plugs) fixed the problem then 3months later the spark plug blew,striped the threads in the head and blew the boot. after having the threads fixed and installing the head. I get a cel at startup, rough idle, and slight knocking sound from that same cyl. hooked up evoscan and it throws out
Baro sensor
Speed sensor
Knock sensor
Inj Circuit
all hoses attached in the right spot and all sensors attached. even changed the latency of the injectors. also added the perrin crank pully before the head was installed back on.
idles very rough around 650, sometime shuts off when clutch depressed. very inconsistent idle vaccum around 10 to 12.
Once over 1000rpm car runs and drives fine.

1000cc injec
perrin fuel rail
255 fp
272 cams
perrin crank pully
3" tbe
megan ex mani
megan hiflo res
STOCK BOOST
Old Aug 29, 2007, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

what are the plugs gapped to?
Old Aug 29, 2007, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

the plugs really dont affect idle that much.....sounds like vacum leak.or maybe a leaky blow off valve..check your egr lines.....
Old Aug 29, 2007, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

Can I ask why you have injectors, fuel rail, and a fuel pump but you're running stock boost? I know its OT but im just curious...

Originally Posted by EvoVIII808
before taking off the head I had a cel for #2 random misfire.(bpr8es plugs) fixed the problem then 3months later the spark plug blew,striped the threads in the head and blew the boot. after having the threads fixed and installing the head. I get a cel at startup, rough idle, and slight knocking sound from that same cyl. hooked up evoscan and it throws out
Baro sensor
Speed sensor
Knock sensor
Inj Circuit
all hoses attached in the right spot and all sensors attached. even changed the latency of the injectors. also added the perrin crank pully before the head was installed back on.
idles very rough around 650, sometime shuts off when clutch depressed. very inconsistent idle vaccum around 10 to 12.
Once over 1000rpm car runs and drives fine.

1000cc injec
perrin fuel rail
255 fp
272 cams
perrin crank pully
3" tbe
megan ex mani
megan hiflo res
STOCK BOOST
Old Aug 29, 2007, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

Shouldnt they be gaped at 28-32??
I dont remember what i had the plugs gaped to at the time, but the plugs were slightly Brown in color. I dont know if that helps any. I will post pics of the blown plug.
Checked all vaccume lines (1 by 1 removed and replaced. Found 1 that had a rip in it, under intake manifold but still same problem.)
I have an AVCR just not Hooked up yet, and I also have an Power FC, that i have not installed yet. In late Sept. i plan on ordering the GT40 from buschur, and a Vivid Racing 2.3 stroker kit. I guess you can say supporting mods before i get it...??
No Vac leak, Pressure test is good to 29psi ( didnt know how high to go)
Maybe i slipped a tooth when installing the timing belt
When i hook up the logger it only shows my TPS at 3.3, and I dont get 100% when WOT. So im gona check that now.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

Fixed peoblem, The TPS was way to low. Was sitting at 3%. bumped it up to 8.2. Idles perfect. Will test WOT for 100%. Thanks for the help, and ideas