Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Best looking intercooler pipe, ever made.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2007, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best looking intercooler pipe, ever made.

I want this so bad.

ARC Titanium upper intercooler pipe for the EVO. Its not even a full UICP... just half of it & uses the stock lower half.

Price: $849

Old Aug 29, 2007, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

You could buy the materials and take a welding class and make your own for less than $850.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

hmmm

$849=partial UICP
OR
$849= Meth Injection + Custom tune. or other performance goodies

but if u have the money, why not
Old Aug 29, 2007, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

Another 150.00 i can get a 20g.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

That is way too much you can get the Injen CAI and UIC piping for half that price and get the same performance. Or get the Buschur Intake and other go fast mods.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 10:43 PM
Evolving Member

ARC is all for show period.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DJmarkymark
ARC is all for show period.
False, there stuff is actually very high quality, just the common man cannot afford to spend that much for that little of an increase in quality.

If you were made of dollars you would run some of there parts no doubt....

Scorke
Old Aug 30, 2007, 12:32 AM
Evolving Member

im not gona say im rich or anything like that... but let just say i am well off... And to be honest the only cars i see stuff like that on is Show Cars. One of my good friends has all the ARC parts under his hood, And the car sits in his garage until SAT nights. And still he doesnt break 80mph.
Great product Yes.. but for the common man that WANTs to go fast.. Buschur,AMS,ETS is the way to go. nice looking piece of pipe though
Old Aug 30, 2007, 12:58 AM
Account Disabled

Almost pointless to get those products unless you have a show car.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 04:19 AM
Account Disabled

IMHO, its pretty ugly. I looks way too bulky and what up with those circles on top of the pipe
Old Aug 30, 2007, 06:45 AM
Account Disabled

I just find it funny that they totally offset the weight savings of going Titanium by putting that huge logo plate on it.

I'm all for Ti components..... where there is a weight savings. but there is no need to go Ti to replace alluminum, unless there is a structural component to it...

This piece is all for show.

I'd use these funds, buy the materials, make a purge box, and weld my own Ti/inconell downpipe instead.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

I think it's funny how most people regard ARC parts as "show only", pretty much everything they make is performance oriented. The price tag is what makes them "show" pieces to most of the people spending the coin it. ARC owners in the US would rather sit at a car show and go "look how ****ing bling I am" than risk getting rock chips on their $1500 FMIC.

Old Aug 30, 2007, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

I just couldnt stoop that low and pay $850 on a couple feet of Piping. Especially one that will yield no/if any power yields. Ridiculous. Talk about price up for just a name brand!!
Old Aug 30, 2007, 06:58 AM
Account Disabled

The reason it's considered show is the fact that they take a performance part then they Rice it all to hell!

If it was a Titanium pipe with a laser etched ARC logo on it, then I would buy it... but the fact that they negate the whole purpose of going Ti by adding extra useless material to SHOWcase their logo... that's where all performance is lost.

or replacing the light weight factory PLASTIC spark plug cover with Titanium... that's all show.

Now look, I am all for making things look nice... but don't try and act like their Titanium heat shield, upper intercooler pipe, and plug cover are "performance oriented" these are strictly show, with ZERO performance enhancement at all.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TempeRacerGuy
The reason it's considered show is the fact that they take a performance part then they Rice it all to hell!

If it was a Titanium pipe with a laser etched ARC logo on it, then I would buy it... but the fact that they negate the whole purpose of going Ti by adding extra useless material to SHOWcase their logo... that's where all performance is lost.

or replacing the light weight factory PLASTIC spark plug cover with Titanium... that's all show.

Now look, I am all for making things look nice... but don't try and act like their Titanium heat shield, upper intercooler pipe, and plug cover are "performance oriented" these are strictly show, with ZERO performance enhancement at all.
AMEN TO THAT BROTHER!!! i do like the way that upper intercooler pip looks but for that price you could buy 2 injen intakes or even a AMS intercooler. as someone else said before its more for the show class evos not the everyday driver/ weekend racer evo owners

Quick Reply: Best looking intercooler pipe, ever made.