Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo IX Recaro seats in a G35 Coupe?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2007, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo IX Recaro seats in a G35 Coupe?

I'm looking to buy a set of Evo IX Recaro seats for my G35 coupe. Before I do, though, I'd like to figure out how to mount them . Can I buy any Recaro bottom mount rails that fit the g35? Can I use the sliders off the evo? And how much should i expect to pay for the these parts?

If anyone has any experience with this, please chime in... thanks!
Old Aug 30, 2007, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

You're asking evo owners if evo seats will work in your G35? You really should be asking this question in a G35 forum. Do your seats work in an evo?
Old Aug 30, 2007, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

they should... my boy has the full evo 8 interior in his ek... lol...
Old Aug 30, 2007, 12:15 PM

blasphemous to use Evo and G35 in same sentence.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

bet you could find someone local to fab you some seat rails. not sure about the sliders though. i don't know what all goes into that.

i know one of my buddies got a racing shell for his evo not too long ago, and couldn't find a bracket for it, so he just went to a local shop that does a bit of welding, and had them make him one up.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

My buddy put some Evo VIII seats into a Fiero. So with the right mods I dont see why not.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

i know someone with rsx has evo seat in the front, therefore it should work.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 12:53 PM

what i'm basically asking is, do the Recaros in an Evo IX use the same seat rails as any off-the-shelf recaro i can buy? if so, then I can buy the sliders directly from recaro.

I've asked g35 owners already, but no1 could come up with a definitive answer. I figured I could try here... and it should be a compliment that so many people want your *STOCK* seats (they're great).
Old Aug 30, 2007, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by absolutrkd
what i'm basically asking is, do the Recaros in an Evo IX use the same seat rails as any off-the-shelf recaro i can buy? if so, then I can buy the sliders directly from recaro.

I've asked g35 owners already, but no1 could come up with a definitive answer. I figured I could try here... and it should be a compliment that so many people want your *STOCK* seats (they're great).
Keep in mind you would be losing all your amenities with all the power adjustments and controls. Sometimes that stuff is nice to have. Although taking them out is probably a good idea for some weight redux. Have you considered Brides? I have seen alot of coupes with them in and I hear you can fab your stock mounts to fit them. Plus Brides are the
Old Aug 30, 2007, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by VegasEvoNoob
Keep in mind you would be losing all your amenities with all the power adjustments and controls. Sometimes that stuff is nice to have. Although taking them out is probably a good idea for some weight redux. Have you considered Brides? I have seen alot of coupes with them in and I hear you can fab your stock mounts to fit them. Plus Brides are the
I've thought about it, and I can live without power/heated seats. Plus, my driver's seat creaks in cold weather... it's the only annoying noise I haven't been able to fix (and trust me, I've tried!).

Brides are the hotness, but they cost a fortune... I cant justify getting them when stock recaros from an evo are <$1K for BOTH seats.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 01:55 PM

http://www.racing-seats-usa.com/raci...-brackets.html Check out the Corbeaus too..they are pretty sweet and already have premade brackets
Old Aug 30, 2007, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VegasEvoNoob
blasphemous to use Evo and G35 in same sentence.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 03:32 PM
BBS
Evolved Member

You can put anything into anything. But seeing that you own a G35 you're probably not too good with fabrication and lack ingenuity.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by BBS
You can put anything into anything. But seeing that you own a G35 you're probably not too good with fabrication and lack ingenuity.
your ignorance is honestly astounding. the fact that you even make such comments shows how immature you are.

anyways, let's not turn this thread into a G35 vs Evo bashing session... all I wanted to know is if the Evo recaro seats use the standard recaro rails, or if they were customized for Mitsubishi's purposes.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get the evo seats then custom the rail for the EVO recaros so it will bolt into your G35 ___OR____ buy a already made rail from recaro or other company and bolt the evo seat in your g35.

But like many have mention above you will lose all luxury and innovated buttom on your G35 seats.

Quick Reply: Evo IX Recaro seats in a G35 Coupe?