Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Curiousity on how you would do this build....

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2007, 06:11 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curiousity on how you would do this build....

Ok there are people here that possess lightyears more knowledge about the Evo than I do. I am going to be building from scratch after this reenlistment. Anyway I am going to list my goals and the mods I already have. Just let me know what you would do. I appreciate all your help in advance.

Budget- 10-13K

Have already: Full Exhaust, AEM EMS, Wideband, Clutch, Rims, Aero, TRE TC, 880 CC injectors, Walboro Fuel Pump. Most of this stuff is just sitting in a closet.

Goals: I want a reliable, amazingly agile, AutoX beast. Power numbers close to 500 with Meth would be good. More concerned with a decent spool with a nice powerband. 57trim maybe or 60trim.... iunno.

So that;s it. Please let me know what you would do especially with suspension.

Thanks

Seth
Old Sep 2, 2007, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you mean straight autox and no roadcourse or very little you'll be amazed what cams, O2 housing, and a 20GLT can do for you in the power dept. Suspension and tires is where time will really start to come off though. Look at what a new suspension and tire/wheel combo did for Wartalon in some of his older posts.
Old Sep 2, 2007, 10:23 AM
Account Disabled

OK any suggestions on suspension setups. I will occasionally be driving this car on the road to work just to run it. SO a full 12k spring rate might be out.
Old Sep 2, 2007, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

here is a decent thread on the kind of setup you are going for.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=283908
Old Sep 2, 2007, 06:58 PM

I agree on power wise the 20GLT is a great turbo that hits hard down low. However if you are wanting close to 500whp, I would say 30R is more of what you are wanting (Especially if you are building the block later).