Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2007, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by DsmAwdTurbo
Nope he used money gram
oh boy...

...do a search claim with UPS
Old Sep 4, 2007, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just one of many ways paypal can screw you over sad but true.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

yeah "money gram" = 90% fake, how long have you had it cashed?
http://www.reporter-times.com/?modul...80&format=html

Last edited by kaonashi; Sep 4, 2007 at 02:51 PM.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 02:57 PM
awr
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
he already has your gauges dont give him your money too
Old Sep 4, 2007, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

I have $4900 worth of counterfeit USPS Money Orders that someone from India sent me for a speaker I listed for $230.

(No, I didn't ship it or try to cash the money orders. I figure if I can get them to waste their resources, maybe one other person that may actually fall for this crap will be spared.)
Old Sep 4, 2007, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't worry about it. Move on with your life.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 03:02 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for all the inputs guys, I wasnt going to send him any money. Been cashed for a few months... Guy is just annoying the hell out of me now
Old Sep 4, 2007, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

your good bro just dust off ur shoulder and look the other way.if they threaten the law it will only hurt him cuz he hs to pay the fee for the judge and since u have proof of delivery your all good man just take your money and look away
Old Sep 4, 2007, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by theCybe
I have $4900 worth of counterfeit USPS Money Orders that someone from India sent me for a speaker I listed for $230.

(No, I didn't ship it or try to cash the money orders. I figure if I can get them to waste their resources, maybe one other person that may actually fall for this crap will be spared.)
Let me geuss? they wanted you to wire the remaining amount to their bank too huh hahaha dumb idiots now days. Sad thing is these older people are not aware of such things and fall into these traps
Old Sep 4, 2007, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DsmAwdTurbo
Thanks for all the inputs guys, I wasnt going to send him any money. Been cashed for a few months... Guy is just annoying the hell out of me now
as long as its cashed, and it didnt bounce, then maybe it was legit, BUT the middle man needs to own up to having the gauges, he probably is just keeping them himself.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 10:59 AM

Hi Evom guys,

thank you Anthony for opening the theme, as I sent you lots of PMs,
I was thinking to open a new topic today as well.
I`ll write here in your forum, as this is the same story.

Sad to write the 1st post here in that tone, as this community/ forums has given me
tons and tons of advice of Mitsu Evo as of today. I`m glad as She runs really great

But I let you know my side of this story as well.
Fact- Anthony was selling Defi gauges in Celsius, Bar system, which is we
are familiar here. Here= other side of World..
I was interested and we had to agree payment terms. There were few options
TT, Paypal or Moneygram. As I didn`t have paypal account this time, TT didn`t suit him,
we agreed Moneygram, which- as you most possibly know- is very risky for sender.
The person who gets the money can get away with no trace and gets away easily. Risk on me.
Thankfully Anthony was not this kind of person, he admitted receiving the money and
started to send goods out.
As I bought some more Evo stuff - turbo kit- from one Evom member the same time- I asked Anthony to send the
gauges to his address in US, so he can include everything in one package.
I`ll ask this guy to chime in, cause with all respect.- I do not have any doupt in him.
In my opinion he`s one of the most respectful guys here, with his own opinion and knowledge in Evos etc.
Ok, main thing.- Gauges NEVER arrived.
Me- money sent, Anthony- supposedly gauges sent, this guy never received them.
Now circus starts.
We start to track etc. no results. Forwarder admits fault, but nothing good for me.
Anthony in one step offers to pay me the value. I want to help and try to get any info from our
local UPS service rgds the rules/ responsiblities etc, but they can`t do anything from here.
But in last 3 months he just AVOIDS me and my PM-s. Sends some meaningless messages,
last ones - he opened his account to his friend Dustin- "who is aware of situation and tries to speak with Anthony"...
I say WOW.

So.- who is responsible?
Me- buyer? Money paid, seller- Anthony- has received my money successfully- but parts I paid for- NEVER received.
When you buy something- don`t you just expect them to arrive?
I`ve bought stuff from some other Evom members and received them with no prolly, also
from companies Buschur, HPF- whose customer service is just excellent and then I have this
situation with that guy. Sad.
I say, he is not scam artist, but he has to be responsible for what and how he sells.
To my opinion- he owes me either money or the goods he offered.
So my side of story and thanks for reading those who cared,
br,
ando
PS. Sorry for my spelling, if there are errors in the text as english is not my native language.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
...fraud.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

It wasn't fraud in any way shape or form.

Ando bought a bunch of things from me (TurboKit, Intercooler, exhaust components) he was very patient and after a month or two of sorting things out I sent him all his parts to Estonia from New Jersey, he covered shipping.

When he decided that he wanted some other components he asked me if I could ship him some parts that he was ordering, I said pending they were not large/heavy i could include them in the box for no extra cost.

I get stuff shipped from and with UPS all the time, the package never showed, my injectors/cusco lower strut brace from another member that same day, the box with the guages never showed.

To the OP, it's not your fault, or mine or Ando's its the shippers fault. What should happen regardless of what has or hasnt already gone on is that if it was insured UPS should reimburse you of your money so that everybody leaves this situation wiht at least the monetary value of where they started.

Scorke
Old Sep 5, 2007, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Also to the OP did we not speak on the phone about exactly what happened?

Scorke
Old Sep 5, 2007, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^ If you never received the gauges shouldnt you be putting in the claim for a package that didnt show? Not the shipper or the guy waiting in estonia? To the OP did you insure your package? I know they usually come with like a minimum $100 insured on the package but did you add extra insurance?