Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2007, 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What would you do?

Ok, I just wanted to post this to see everyone's opinions on this matter. A few months ago I sold a member on this forum from estonia a set of defi gauges w/ sensors and control unit for 395 bucks. He requested that I send it to a guy in South Carolina whom he was buying other parts from so I would ship his friend the parts and he would send the gauges and the rest of his parts to him in estonia (Should have seen the red flags there). He wanted my bank account information however I would not give him any info the only way Id do business with him is if he were to paypal me or send me a money gram. So after 3 weeks he finally said ok to a money gram. He saw that I was posting up on the for sale forum after he and I had talked and I dropped the price of the gauges so he jumped on them. Heres where things go south. I send the gauges to his buddy in SC. UPS shows them as delivered however these guys are claiming that they never were delivered although the tracking number says that it was. Not only that but 2 packages were delivered to his address that day. Now they are saying that someone came up and stole the package that I sent. This is where things got strange. He demanded that I pay him retail value of 850 bucks for the gauges. He threatened the law and everything else against me so I got pretty pissed off. After all of that he is now requesting that I pay him his money back.. I think that I am being scammed personally and I don't know if I should pay him back or I should just go about my business. Im fairly annoyed with the guy who has 0 posts and no sales rating (yet another red flag). I personally believe that its possible that he and I were both scammed and the middle man stole the gauges. Just trying to get a feel for what I should do in this situation.
Thanks
Old Sep 4, 2007, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not your fault all they can do is file a claim at paypal, and you show proof of delivery and they just loose out. If you did your part and sent the gauges, thats all that matters
Old Sep 4, 2007, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not your problem. he payed, you shipped, and you have proof of delivery.

and why was he asking about banking information? and hes from estonia? c'mon man. don't fall for it.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

Well thats the thing he basically sent it to me like western union. The thing that threw me for a loop is when he demanded 850 bucks thats when I was like screw this guy. I felt like he was trying to scam me then when he realized that he couldnt he was like jsut give me the money back. We had UPS do an investigation and they couldnt find the package because honestly it was delievered so they gave up 100 bucks. I was like wow 100 bucks thats good. I would offer the guy 100 bucks but thats all I think that I really owe.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

tell em F U!

you have all your tracking info and postage stuff so your free and clear if anything you could get them for harassment.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not your fault someone "stole" his gauges. Thats up to his police dept. You know that they are being shipped to estonia in another box from his buddy. The fact that he wants full retail lets you know he is just out for money. Dont send him a nickle!!!!
You have the tracking number and the receipt from the shipping? If so your good. And he will move on to another scam once you dont bite..
Old Sep 4, 2007, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Contact UPS and open up a trace. People do steal packages, they watch and wait for UPS trucks. However, it does seem flakey....let him get the Law involved "oooh I'm scared"
Old Sep 4, 2007, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

yeah if they were stolen he should have made a police report the same day they said on the delivery comfirmation. If not he's screwed lol
Old Sep 4, 2007, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah def dont send that douche a dime. Also, if you have all the proof and shipment and delivery, you are in the clear. Also, keep all of your convo's-emails-PM's that you had with the estonian.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

He needs to get the money from the middle man IMO. Hes the one to go after if he is even legit to begin with
Old Sep 4, 2007, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Wait i see a big problem with this. he didnt use paypal????
Old Sep 4, 2007, 02:43 PM
Evolving Member

Got all the PM's
Old Sep 4, 2007, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

I hope your realise this is one of those instances if you would have used paypal you would be screwed BIG time
Old Sep 4, 2007, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

Nope he used money gram
Old Sep 4, 2007, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

thats a very well known scam, Ill explain how it works.

Out of US person need you to send Product A to his buddy at location X in US.
You use paypal send the Product A to the out of US person. Weither or not His Address is confirmed*** doesnt matter on this. He gets you to send the item to X and person at X could even be the same guy "out of us" ... never know. Then out of US person states he never recieved. Paypal says ok did you ship.... Yes, show proof of delivery......... Bam your screwed you did not ship to the paypal address wiether or not its delivered or not.