Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mexican EVO owners wanted!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2007, 09:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vamos amigos!
I feel alone!
Old Sep 6, 2007, 02:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vigman
Vamos amigos!
I feel alone!
How many evos are sold in Mexico every year?...you could be one of the few that have them...Good luck finding more evo owners....but if you ever decided to come to the US here in california are plenty of them.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 03:22 AM
Evolved Member

Smile Ha..

Evos are not sold as pancakes in Mexico because of its price.. but because of its introduction.. not many ppl know about it.. and not many ppl have the appeal to a tuner car.

Mexican people see cars as a way of transportation for the most part and those who care about status.. get the other cars, the fancy ones... as far as the tuner scene goes.. for the young kids its big and they race anything they can afford without owing money on it.. although some know about the evo, unfortunately they dnt have capable mommies and daddies like the rest of young punks have here to be able to afford such a car.

Now.. as far as financing a car on credit.. is much easier in Mexico than it is in USA for the simple fact that in Mexico they will even take your underwear as collateral.. and have way lower interest rates, but still.. mexican people dont like borrowing or being in debt.. the vast majority like paying everything in cash even if it takes years to buy it.. and no the vast majority are not poor.. were just underpayed by the greed of others.

Who is the richest man in the world... a Mexican that's who.. how the f*** that happened.. who knows but he needs to start sharing. The greed has only cause agony and anger that has sadly FORCED them to look elsewhere..

Anyways, am mexican and one day I'll go back and hit the road with the evo.. BTW my cousin tried financing an evo, got approved but instead saved 22,000 pesos and bought himself a Golf GTi.. all his and his only 19 saved since he was 15..
Old Sep 6, 2007, 03:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
There are a lot of misconceptions and prejudices concerning the country of Mexico in this thread. I have twice driven all the way across Mexico from North to South, and found the roads to be in very good condition. I didn't encounter even one pothole.

There are some vile posts on this thread which should be eliminated because they are racially offensive. There is no place for cultural or racial stereotyping and bashing on this forum. It really should be sanctioned with at least a suspension.If you want to spew jingoism and racial prejudice, then by all means, wear a white robe and hide your face, or put on a brown shirt with a swastika armband.

Last edited by sparky; Sep 6, 2007 at 03:58 AM.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 04:12 AM
Evolved Member

^ agreed
Old Sep 6, 2007, 04:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Vigman
YES, Mexico has EVOs officially for 1 year now!
USDM IX MR only but it's enough.
I will post a video soon for you guys to certify this is not a civic forum :-)
Here it's not the most stolen car because hopefully, thiefs do not know about this wonderfull car and they preefer to stole the old VW Bug because it's easiest and quickest to resale (mostly for parts!) So I touch a piece of wood everyday to bring me luck and please be kind with people who risk their own life to ride an EVO!!! That's passion don't U think?
That's very cool man
Old Sep 6, 2007, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

A few....

Originally Posted by RickU
How many evos are sold in Mexico every year?...you could be one of the few that have them...Good luck finding more evo owners....but if you ever decided to come to the US here in california are plenty of them.
When I bought mine last february, Mitsu guys told me that it was the 2nd they sale and the 1st one was bought by the Mitsu agency owner! From then, I have heard they sold 12 in Mexico city and Daimler Chrysler has import 100 pieces for the whole country...

I agree with notes that there are some racial offenses on this thread, For those who took time to read my first noob post to introduce myself, you probably know that I am french but living in Mexico for 11 years now... It's not about color, race or culture...

Isn't this forum about EVOs? a common passion all over the world?

Nice day to all!
Old Sep 6, 2007, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Vigman,
I own an EVO, but live in the US. I do however, spend a bunch of time in Mexico for business (I'll be in Mazatlan next week and Cancun Cozumel in a few weeks). I spent nearly all of the last 18 months in Mexico. Some friends and I are talking about going to the WRC next year. We were going this year, but no time because of work.

BTW, many more STis in Mexico. Watch out for the black one with the black Volk time attack wheels in DF. It's running a bigger turbo and is pretty fast.

Shot me a pm if you ever need parts. I pass through DF on every trip I make.

Robert
Old Sep 6, 2007, 08:27 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sparky
There are a lot of misconceptions and prejudices concerning the country of Mexico in this thread. I have twice driven all the way across Mexico from North to South, and found the roads to be in very good condition. I didn't encounter even one pothole.

There are some vile posts on this thread which should be eliminated because they are racially offensive. There is no place for cultural or racial stereotyping and bashing on this forum. It really should be sanctioned with at least a suspension.If you want to spew jingoism and racial prejudice, then by all means, wear a white robe and hide your face, or put on a brown shirt with a swastika armband.
Not anymore.

Anything that struck me as racist, demeaning, or just Off-Topic has been removed. If we had a Regional forum for Mexico, I'd move this thread there, but I see that we don't. So I guess I'll leave it in Evo General for now.

Keep it clean, folks!
Old Sep 6, 2007, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

That's friends!

Originally Posted by robertrinaustin
Vigman,
I own an EVO, but live in the US. I do however, spend a bunch of time in Mexico for business (I'll be in Mazatlan next week and Cancun Cozumel in a few weeks). I spent nearly all of the last 18 months in Mexico. Some friends and I are talking about going to the WRC next year. We were going this year, but no time because of work.

BTW, many more STis in Mexico. Watch out for the black one with the black Volk time attack wheels in DF. It's running a bigger turbo and is pretty fast.

Shot me a pm if you ever need parts. I pass through DF on every trip I make.

Robert
What a great news Robert!
-I will definitively ask you for stuffs, I am actually investigating how to import parts but it will be quicker & cheaper with your precious help! Will send PM.
-Regarding WRC, I am part of the organization and I was thinking to organise something for you guys. WRC should not comming back in 2008 but 2009 due to new FIA calendar 12 rallyes restriction but we should have other great stuff....(early to be official but I 'll let you know) You are welcome to Mexico.

By the way, here is the video I promise....
It should take a while to download but works....

thanx again for this cool post.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

Any comment on the video???
It's not that violent but I try to make it cool....
Old Sep 6, 2007, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wizzo 8
Dont know where I saw it but the Escalade was the most stolen then the Evo was second. I will have to look into where I saw that information
http://autos.msn.com/advice/article....d=2891&src=Ins

thats where i saw it at... =/ ...but its for 2003-2005 for what you seen...
lol.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 09:46 PM
Evolving Member

To my mind, the latest EVO are in this race, the better is for us!
Old Sep 6, 2007, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

Where is the video Vigman?
Old Sep 7, 2007, 05:47 AM
Evolving Member

Video is Here!

Originally Posted by Zmann42087
Where is the video Vigman?
The video is HERE on this link

Hope you all to get soon home tonight!!!