Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

how great is the evo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2007, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I still cant believed I own an evo.... truely one of the world best 4 Cylinder AWD car ever made.

Will never let her go.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
it's funny this thread started, cause my friend just traded in his 01 z06 and 69 camaro ss, (both in beautiful shape), for a 05 c6. he brought it over and i sat in it and stroked the v8 a couple of times. that is one of the most beautiful pieces of machinery on the planet. over the labor day weekend, i was looking at some vettes, GTOs and old school v8s. i love those cars, but when i drove my evo to work, i thought, WTF am i thinking. i could never give up a car that does everything well for a car that does good burnouts. i WILL own the ls2, but i will also have the evo. i do wish the image of the car was a little more adult though. i get too many kids yelling "nice evo!". the GTO will bring honeys.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just 2 Evos (Track and slightly modded road car)

And for the record: I LOVE/D my Evo every single day. I still think they're wonderful cars. How many other cars can you slap R-comps, coilovers (JICs too...), a tune and a tbe and smoke Z06s and 911 TTs out at the track? And for that matter how many cars that you do that with will only cost you the 2k or so that that will... I can only think of one that's near that area and you all know what I'm talking about. Had I been able to keep it and get into the younger bro of my dream car (GT3) like I did, I would've in a second... But the 20k my Evo got me was necessary to afford the Porsche, and I've wanted a Porsche since before I knew anything about cars. The Evo I got because it was a badass track machine, the Porsche I got because I've always wanted it, regardless of what it can and can't do.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 09:05 PM
Evolving Member

I love my evo, like others here, and can't imagine ever getting rid of it under any circumstances.

One of my biggest fears is that some **** SUV will hit my car in traffic, total my car, and I won't be able to get a new one because they don't exist any more. I've calmed down a bit now, but I still sometimes think that it would be worth buying one of the last new IXs as Evo #2 and putting it in storage. lol
Old Sep 5, 2007, 02:55 AM
Evolving Member

iv owned my evo now for 2 and a half years, loved every mile driving in the evo, in this time iv driven a lot of expensive exotica, and have to say there aren't many cars that can out accellerate/out handle my evo, recently had a play with a 997 gt3rs, was suprised i passed him on the track.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 04:02 AM
Evolved Member

i love mine more everyday,getting up in the mourning is alot easier when you daily drive it.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 04:31 AM

Theres nothing like any car like the evo... Its a four door good enought to fit in you friends, kids gf and at the same time you have the speed... its a monster!! Love the my evo and always will...
Old Sep 5, 2007, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by fox2boost
i love mine more everyday,getting up in the mourning is alot easier when you daily drive it.

I 2nd that!!!
Old Sep 5, 2007, 06:02 AM

I have only had mine for 2 months but I dont see myself getting sick of it anytime soon. Get a little chubby every time I see it.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

I just got an Evo IX ...bought it from my step pops....it's making 361whp sean ivey tuned it...

I was driving a low 13 sec all motor rsx...and this car is just blows it away...I am keeping this ***** for a while...
Old Sep 5, 2007, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

this thread made me laugh; hearing grown men talking about their love for their car, and just "knowing it was the one" is heart warming

i've only owned my evo for almost 2 months now, and i can't imagine myself in anything else. i was going for a 350 at first, but that little 4dr sedan is one of the sexiest pieces of machinary i've ever laid eyes on. when driving to work, or even at work sitting at the front desk looking at it parked, & knowing it's the fastest, and sleekest thing in the parking lot brings a big ol' smile to my face. getting in it is an even better feeling. if i were to get anything else, my evo would have to stay.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Ive had so many cars since i started driving from soobs to trans ams to grand nationals to camaros to mustangs and so on. This is how i feel EVERYTIME i step into the EVO.....i shut the door...."man this interior is plasticky crap" and soon after i lose that train of thought once i turn it over and still find it hard to beleive that this car delivers this performance and handling for 31 thous.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 08:01 AM
Evolving Member

It costs a lot
It break kidneys
BUT ITS SO COOL!!!!
I will have mine as far as I can afford it!
Old Sep 5, 2007, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by WICKed'N'EVO
I still cant believed I own an evo.... truely one of the world best 4 Cylinder AWD car ever made.

Will never let her go.
I'm with you there man, 6 months ago I would've never thought I'd own an Evo this early in my life. I was sure I would be waiting a couple more years.

Just added stage 1 mods about 4 weeks ago and it made me love the car all over again.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

I love my evo 8......