Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What IC with Injen piping?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2007, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What IC with Injen piping?

hey guys, for thoughs who are running the injen upper and lower intercooler piping, what fmic do you have and how well do they run together? I'm about to to purchase the Injen kit but I wanted to make sure that they would work well with a good fmic when I purchase it in the future rather than me wasting money and having to buy new ic piping.

thanks
Old Sep 5, 2007, 12:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Bojo
hey guys, for thoughs who are running the injen upper and lower intercooler piping, what fmic do you have and how well do they run together? I'm about to to purchase the Injen kit but I wanted to make sure that they would work well with a good fmic when I purchase it in the future rather than me wasting money and having to buy new ic piping.

thanks
i got the same car black se and with injen piping i think u can get the ams or turbo xs i would recomend turbo xs is beter for the money.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 04:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
turbo xs worked perfect for me
Old Sep 5, 2007, 05:10 AM
Evolved Member

I have the upper w/an AMS fmic. I'm going to be swapping it out though w/the Nisei w/mini battery kit since i already have the Nisei lower. The uicp follows the stock route, in order to get the most benefits out of uicp's, it needs to be as straight as possible. Just some info i'd thought i'd share w/you.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

im in the same boat as you. I currently have the injen upper with intake and the ams lower, i'll probably leave the intake and swap out for the short route ams upper soon. People say the turbo xs is awesome but just something about having the ams logo on your front mount is worth it. Yea i guess im a ricer, im kind of trying to stick with mostly ams and some buscher.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 07:31 AM
Evolving Member

I went with an Injen fmic. Actually I got a package deal that came with Injen upper and lower intercooler pipes, fmic, and intake for $1k. I love this set up. It looks great, and I get a much better flow since the fmic was installed (my first fmic came in damaged from shipping, so Injen had to ship me out a new one, so it wasn't installed till after the intercooler pipes).
Old Sep 5, 2007, 09:22 AM

thanks for the quick replies, I still go with the injen set up then.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

I have the Injen pipe set as well. I think I am going to get the FMIC to follow. Just waiting to get some more responses on how the FMIC works.